We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Breakthrough definition? Options

twattlehead
#1 Posted : 5/5/2017 4:43:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I did 20mg last night, up from 15mg last time. No breakthrough but it felt close and it got me thinking about the meaning of the b word (I know it's overused), and of hyperspace. A graph of sorts seemed to be the easiest way to show how it seems to work for me, apologies for the sloppiness.

Based on my own trips, the thing that starts a breakthrough is a "place", like a central station or maybe more like a launch pad, a place I stop briefly before travelling to my real destination. Before this place I still have self awareness and knowledge I'm on dmt, so that's pre breakthrough in my book and it can be in hyperspace, albeit briefly. During a breakthrough that knowledge isn't there. The point where that knowledge returns marks dropping out of hyperspace. Maybe.

The slope and shape of the green launch pad area is because it seems to be a slower, more drawn out process on lower doses. As opposed to fast in and fast out on bigger doses.

I have a feeling these descriptions and image might only apply to my own experiences though?
twattlehead attached the following image(s):
dmt time v intensity.png (91kb) downloaded 231 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 5/5/2017 5:12:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that giving it such a rigid definition would be very inaccurate. It changes from person to person and even from time to time. It is probably accurate in the middle of the bell curve, but definitely varies widely. For instance, the last time I tried to break through, I had more than enough, but still was not let in. And another example is my partner who requires around 120 mg for a breakthrough.

When you are there, you know you're there. The experience varies widely, but we all know when it happens.

Psilosopher?
#3 Posted : 5/5/2017 5:42:16 AM

Don't Panic

I've broken through on pipe dregs and not broken through on heroic doses. There is nothing set in stone with DMT.

DMT seems to respond to how i live my life. If i live my life to the fullest and am partaking in a healthy lifestyle, i don't need a lot to breakthrough, and the breakthrough is almost guaranteed. However, if i am rushed with my ceremony and preparations, stressed or generally not in the right frame of mind, DMT will often shut me out. Black swirling maelstroms, denying me access.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

twattlehead
#4 Posted : 5/5/2017 6:34:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
I find that giving it such a rigid definition would be very inaccurate. It changes from Person to person and even from time to time. It is probably accurate in the middle of the bell curve, but definitely varies widely. For instance, the last time I tried to break through, I had more than enough, but still was not let in. And another example is my partner who requires around 120 mg for a breakthrough.

When you are there, you know you're there. The experience varies widely, but we all know when it happens.

Which part do you find rigid? I did say I thought it likely my definition and image would only apply to me. I'm mainly curious as to whether anyone can relate to the launch pad arrangement I describe, since it's been part of all my breakthroughs.

Also, re knowing you're there, I'm not so sure. If I hadn't had breakthrough experiences before, I probably would have considered my 20mg dose a breakthrough. It had all the painfully morphing holograms in space visuals I've come to expect, just it seemed like it ran out of steam before it could launch me into a breakthrough.

โ—‹
#5 Posted : 5/5/2017 9:59:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I know you're relatively new here, though if you do a google search titled as 'dmt nexus breakthrough definition', there's been numerous threads created over the years on this exact topic. I'd definitely give them a check. Smile

Regarding a breakthrough, you'll know when you're there, there's no question once you are. Typically inhabited by intelligence/s, topological manifolds of Being. The One without a second.

For me personally, eyes open or closed literally doesn't matter, the visual aspect comes to such a level that the internal and external worlds become that reality, infinite, hyperspace, forever.

There's this point in vaping/smoking for me that I just know when it's coming, [within seconds] I can feel it before I see it usually - that wave of profundity. This can build to a level where I immediately think 'oh god, I done too much', coupled with the impending 'this is it, im done for'. Laughing

Honestly though it's a hard question to pin down. I mean, culturally, mentally, biologically, neurochemically, so many factors in determining the level of depth and translation. All these things I think can shape how susceptible we are to the tryptamine world and how we end up defining/labeling it [even though defining or labeling it imho is futile]. It could potentially take more for said person to reach the same depth as someone else that might require less, dosage wise. Also due to what I said above - everyone's descriptions can vary, then on top of that you have the person listening to your descriptions, with them taking in, listening, and formulating their own ideals, opinions, thoughts - so there's that also. As T. Mckenna once stated - it can become an intellectual black hole.

syberdelic
#6 Posted : 5/5/2017 5:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

twattlehead wrote:
syberdelic wrote:
I find that giving it such a rigid definition would be very inaccurate. It changes from Person to person and even from time to time. It is probably accurate in the middle of the bell curve, but definitely varies widely. For instance, the last time I tried to break through, I had more than enough, but still was not let in. And another example is my partner who requires around 120 mg for a breakthrough.

Which part do you find rigid? I did say I thought it likely my definition and image would only apply to me. I'm mainly curious as to whether anyone can relate to the launch pad arrangement I describe, since it's been part of all my breakthroughs.

Also, re knowing you're there, I'm not so sure. If I hadn't had breakthrough experiences before, I probably would have considered my 20mg dose a breakthrough. It had all the painfully morphing holograms in space visuals I've come to expect, just it seemed like it ran out of steam before it could launch me into a breakthrough.

The part I find most rigid is the graph. I'm not trying to call you out on it, but rather inform you and probably others that the experience varies widely. Any time one takes DMT, they should be ready for the full range of possibilities. Even if you take away the dosages and the time labels, the shape of the curves and the green waiting room area can also be distorted in many ways to match individual experiences.

Again, I'm not trying to put you on the spot or call you out. You may already understand it, but others reading may not. I appreciate the visual presentation via the graph and also find it fairly accurate as far as middle of the bell curve. But I would throw in some important caveats; 30mg may not be enough for some to "breakthrough" even barring the "shutout" and 75mg could be way too much for others and possibly cause a blackout or memory loss.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 5/5/2017 8:19:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's a very subjective term...

Honestly, I think most people have their own definition of this term...it means different things to different people.

To me it's analogous to a shulgin scale ++++

Quote:
PLUS FOUR (++++)
A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment.
https://erowid.org/libra...lgin_rating_scale.shtml

...and is something that has only happened to me with DMT on a single occasion...

-eg

twattlehead
#8 Posted : 5/6/2017 6:14:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisativa wrote:
I've broken through on pipe dregs and not broken through on heroic doses. There is nothing set in stone with DMT.

My experiences seem to be pretty firmly connected with dosage so far, but thanks for the insight. "So far" is a pretty short time for me so I may experience this yet.

tatt wrote:
do a google search titled as 'dmt nexus breakthrough definition', there's been numerous threads created over the years on this exact topic. I'd definitely give them a check. Smile

will do, thanks.

syberdelic wrote:

The part I find most rigid is the graph. I'm not trying to call you out on it, but rather inform you and probably others that the experience varies widely. Any time one takes DMT, they should be ready for the full range of possibilities. Even if you take away the dosages and the time labels, the shape of the curves and the green waiting room area can also be distorted in many ways to match individual experiences.

gotcha, I think. The graph is something that came to me after my last trip, the idea of being able to relate all my dmt experiences in one image had some appeal.

How about the idea that if you have knowledge you're on dmt, then that's a sub breakthrough?
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
To me it's analogous to a shulgin scale ++++

Quote:
PLUS FOUR (++++)
A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment.
https://erowid.org/libra...lgin_rating_scale.shtml

...and is something that has only happened to me with DMT on a single occasion...

-eg

I suppose it might be considered heresy here but my post dmt ketamine experiences come closer to that than my dmt experiences.

For me so far, it's like dmt is like a violent moving man that kicks down the door of your house, dings up the walls, goes into your room and throws a bookshelf full of alien tomes on the floor, says I love you, then leaves.

Ketamine then comes in, fixes all the broken stuff, sets the books in order and reads from one, imparting love and happiness and understanding. Again, probably just me.

Northerner
#9 Posted : 5/6/2017 6:58:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first 8 experiences were all 100-120mg changa loads, that's 50-60mg spice in every hit. I didn't really realise (somehow) that one could or should take less than that. I didn't know if I was breaking through, I thought that was just what DMT does... Totally obliterate the world and show you amazing visions. I didn't know if I was just seeing patterns on the back of my eyelids or if I was breaking through. I know that sounds so naive, I was.

So after having a couple of total memory loss trips I learned some humility and a lot of respect that I didn't have before.

50-70mg of changa is plenty for me now really, I don't think I have to totally dissolve myself every time I partake. I also want to remember what happened, as much as humanly possible that is.

I will never forget those first experiences though. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. I'm not so keen to go back there, not for a good while at least.

Bodhisativa wrote:

DMT seems to respond to how i live my life. If i live my life to the fullest and am partaking in a healthy lifestyle, i don't need a lot to breakthrough, and the breakthrough is almost guaranteed. However, if i am rushed with my ceremony and preparations, stressed or generally not in the right frame of mind, DMT will often shut me out. Black swirling maelstroms, denying me access.

I totally identify with that, so well put Boddy.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

5A8R3
#10 Posted : 5/7/2017 3:15:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

70mg changa - slight buzz
150mg changa - slight visual effects and buzz
220mg changa - holy sh..............t yeh that was it.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=75283

My first experience (3 hours ago). I made a lung to smoke this so maybe that diminished the effects because it was a 50/50 changa and apparently that is a large dose but 70mg did nothing to me.
Maybe someone can confirm to me does dmt degrade quickly in smoke form? not like i held it in the bottle for ages but it isnt instanly inside like a bong would give.....

Rick Sanchez
#11 Posted : 5/7/2017 4:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I break through it's pretty much always overwhelmingly self evident
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

Sedrick
#12 Posted : 5/14/2017 8:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only thing i can say to everyone who didnt break trough is: If you break you, you KNOW you did.

You will not ask if this was a breaktrough you'll know! Trust me.

Running Bear
#13 Posted : 5/14/2017 9:20:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is how terrence mckenna describes it.
Running Bear attached the following image(s):
SantasWorkshop-Poster-Lrg_1024x1024.jpg (139kb) downloaded 94 time(s).