We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Listening to Nature Sounds Options

enthdimension
#1 Posted : 4/29/2017 3:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've experimented a bit lately with natural background noise apps (sounds of wind, rain, rustling leaves, etc) and found it really great especially living near to a railroad track 😂. I noticed however, that some of these tracks weren't that high quality, had obvious looping transitions and even had a little noise pollution in them.

I stumbled upon this guy Gordon Hempton ( www.soundtracker.com ) and found tons of high quality hour long tracks on Google music.
He records in remote places with ZERO noise pollution. He also uses a kind of human head with ear holes with microphones in them that records exactly like humans hear (think of how sound is different when it's behind you vs in front of you)

Anyway, great stuff this guy has.

I chewed 2g of dried leave listening to "Dunes" which starts off with night sounds of crickets and such, then seamlessly transitions the ocean crashing for about an hour. It made incredible background noise to be entranced by and was especially incredible to come back to the deep rumbling of waves breaking in the distance.

I've bought some noise-cancelling Bose headphones and am stoked to continue experimenting with these different tracks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

skoobysnax
#2 Posted : 5/2/2017 8:21:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish these were offered in .wav files. I may ask and see...
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 5/2/2017 9:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great thread starter, thanks for the introduction, definitely paying attention to this. Smile Awesome soundscapes, too! Especially the cricket thunder and one square inch of silence, really enjoyed those two. I'll have to research moar of Gordon Hempton and experiment with these in time. Salvia in nature have been incredible experiences.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.