CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Twitching/muscle spasms Options

2headsARE1
#1 Posted : 4/25/2017 2:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to run something by DMT nexus. Early in February, my eye started twitching daily. I blamed it on a new medication treatment (vyvanse), and didn't give it much thought. I completely quit caffeine, and tried to get more rest. I read that these types of things normally go away on their own. Well, 3 months later and it still twitches. It twitches less often, but it is a daily thing.

I noticed new muscle spasms over the past month or two. I usually notice them when I am at rest, and the spasms occur all over my body. The spasms usually occur on my thighs, side of my torso, and biceps. The spasms have become more frequent over the past few weeks. I haven't taken Vyvanse in almost 4 weeks, but the twitching remains. I've always had occasional muscle spasms, but never to this frequency.

My doctor is aware, but he wanted to wait 3 months to see if the twitching resolves on it's own. I'm coming up on an appointment that I'm going to have to address this again, and a thought lingers on my mind. I hope that the spasms are just fatigue, a long term effect from the Vyvanse, or even a chemical imbalance, but I wondered if the DMT extractions had something to do with it. I can't just come out and say that I manufacture, and consume DMT. From reading, muscle spasms can be from exposure to certain substances, but I haven't seen any lists. I'm really careful with my extractions, and do my best to source high quality ingredients/use glass, etc. I try to stay away from plastic as much as possible, but one time acetone melted the rubber on a jar lid that may have gotten into the solution. Does excessive exposure to xylene/naptha/acetone fumes cause muscle spasms?

I'm sure it's nothing, or something minor, but I just wanted to reach out to the nexus to see if others have had problems with spasms, and to understand the exposure risks that could occur.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 4/25/2017 3:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does your doctor know what your occupation is? If you think you may have neurological damage from solvent inhalation, you could always tell him you are a painter & you work with chemicals like paint & varnish thinners, TSP, xylene, etc. Regularly & you are concerned you may have some damage from exposure.

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 4/25/2017 4:59:31 AM

Come what may

Try a masseuse or chiropractor. Also eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Natural remedies can work wonders. Just a change in diet can make a world of difference. Carrots are great for the eyeballs. Shocked
"Your destiny and the destiny of every living being is to be who you truly are; divine beings full of love and light. Your purpose, and the purpose of every living being, is to heal, serve and love unconditionally in your own unique way." ~Don Juanito~

Simply_Me
#4 Posted : 6/23/2018 10:40:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First things first, always. Most common cause for spasms, twitching is an electrolyte deficiency particularly one of these three: Magnesium, Potassium, or Calcium. (could be sodium but usually never a problem unless it is too much). Also dehydration could be at fault so start with drinking more water period. Not juice, not soda, not coffee, not beer, actually water, as a matter of fact include a juiced 1/2 lemon in each pint of water.

Do you eat too many processed foods? out to too many restaurants? Knock it off for a while.

Take this as seriously as you would an extraction.

To restore hydration and electrolytes, eat and drink these: Coconut water, Celery, Watermelon, Cucumber, Kiwi, Bell peppers, Citrus, Carrots, Pineapple.

Your doctor can test your electrolytes or you can just get with it.
I realize that no one book, one person, or even one ideology will have all the answers. I believe my job is to remain open yet discriminating. My intuition helps me discern truth, and wisdom helps me identify malicious intentions. Our friends in hyperspace have laughed and asked me why I keep looking outside for what exists within.

tango
#5 Posted : 8/10/2018 7:08:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amphetamines will make you twitch, but I wouldn't worry too much about what started it. The spasms are not the disease,but the cure -part of a healing mechanism.

For a long time now my approach has been to relax into the spasms and let the body do whatever it is that needs to be done. So far, it has benefited me greatly.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 8/10/2018 7:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Simply_Me wrote:
First things first, always. Most common cause for spasms, twitching is an electrolyte deficiency particularly one of these three: Magnesium, Potassium, or Calcium. (could be sodium but usually never a problem unless it is too much). Also dehydration could be at fault so start with drinking more water period. Not juice, not soda, not coffee, not beer, actually water, as a matter of fact include a juiced 1/2 lemon in each pint of water.

Do you eat too many processed foods? out to too many restaurants? Knock it off for a while.

Take this as seriously as you would an extraction.

To restore hydration and electrolytes, eat and drink these: Coconut water, Celery, Watermelon, Cucumber, Kiwi, Bell peppers, Citrus, Carrots, Pineapple.

And bananas.

antares
#7 Posted : 8/10/2018 8:20:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't mean to frighten you but twitching and spasms might be a sign of an underlying illness completely unrelated to your use of medication and DMT. It falls outside the area of expertise of most general practitioners. I would insist on being referred to a neurologist if I were in your position.

EDIT
Sorry for a slightly irrelevant post. I didn't see the date of the original post when I replied. I hope everything worked out well for the original poster.