We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chat games? Options

Czepa
#1 Posted : 11/2/2009 9:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i was just in chat having a lonely talk to myself
when i realised that i should post that here:

10:41:34 ‹Czepa› yo anyone here?
02/11/2009 10:41:51 ‹Czepa› lets play games..
02/11/2009 10:42:13 ‹Czepa› you should be able to challenge people in chat to a game of naughts and crosses or minesweeper flags..
02/11/2009 10:42:24 ‹Czepa› thats what would totally make this chat own
02/11/2009 10:42:43 ‹Czepa› also make it a lobby for playing some interesting fun games, chess even maybe.
02/11/2009 10:43:02 ‹Czepa› and you have that in a seperate window.. like pivate chat.
02/11/2009 10:43:19 ‹Czepa› but are still kept logged into the lobby
02/11/2009 10:43:25 ‹Czepa› a great chat idea. how about it?
02/11/2009 10:44:00 ‹Czepa› have a tab creation for games? yes or no?

i dont mean as an advertised "game lobby" just a chat with added games.. have it as it is. but just make extra options for whn you click on somebody.. have under private chat "play chess" "play minesweeper flags" etc. then it would bring you into a private chat tab, just with the game inside that.

is this a good idea? is it even possible?
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 11/2/2009 10:08:28 AM

I like the chat the way it is. It's US who fill it with content and make it wonderful by helping each other and being connected.
I don't really like the idea because to me it just sounds like something to encourage more childish behavior, which is something we kind of used to have a problem with in the chat...but not so much these days.
Plus, it's more work for The Traveler and he's a busy guy these days.

Czepa
#3 Posted : 11/2/2009 10:16:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeh, well i dont mean for it to detract from the conversation, or to create more for traveller, i just thought that it would be something good for using the mind when you have nothing to talk about. though i see that it is a bit absurd to ask for it. though maybe one day?
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

PerPLexED
#4 Posted : 11/2/2009 6:53:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How about a paint program? I find that sometimes it would help TREMENDOUSLY to explain things if we could paint it to eachother. Also, we can get some pretty nifty artwork out of it and have a collection of collaborative art.
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

Czepa
#5 Posted : 11/3/2009 12:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow yes, that could be another option under a users name. but you could make it that you can add people to your seperate chat. if you know what i mean. so that a paint illustration program doesnt take up any of the main chat

PerPLexED
#6 Posted : 11/3/2009 6:42:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What we could do is just have another tab at the top. Hyperspace chat. Hyperspace art. And the art tab will have a mini chat box, and the rest will be tools for art^^
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.