We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can we have a Terence appreciation thread? Options

twattlehead
#1 Posted : 4/22/2017 5:35:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would never have tried dmt if not for all the mckenna talks I listened to over the last couple months, hundreds of hours of his thoughts expressed with his voice. Much of it still sounds true and right to my ears. He gave me the courage to try dmt and I wish I could thank him for that and for all the other wonderful stuff he did. Anyone else "here" because of him?
twattlehead attached the following image(s):
terence1.jpg (93kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 4/22/2017 6:23:24 AM

Come what may

I think he is quoted quite a bit around these parts. No need for a further pedestal. If you get something going I am all about it! We should have a parade! Maybe have a Terrence McKenna day! We can all dress like machine elves and dance around bouncing into each others chests! It will be a great celebration!! Make up some basketball dribbling jewels and party like it's 1995! Woohoo! Or is it 1999? Crap.. can't remember...

Can't help but point to TM here and there when discussing psychedelics. I think that right there is the appreciation you are seeking. Just look around the threads. His name is everywhere! Much respect here for the guy for sure!

ALL HAIL TM!!!!! Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 4/22/2017 12:07:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Terence is a part of the reasons but not the main vein. He is appreciated and is an inspiration to many people, yes. Including myself. That being said; his presence is certainly active here within quite a few threads and discussions, already.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 4/22/2017 3:48:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
do not believe anything; not what the government scientists say, not your local bishop, politician, guru, even anything I say; the last thing we need is a Terence McKenna cult. -terence McKenna

-eg

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 4/22/2017 4:45:01 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

DmnStr8 wrote:
Maybe have a Terrence McKenna day!

party like it's 1995! Woohoo! Or is it 1999? Crap.. can't remember...

March Fourth

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=74306

Wink

P.S. Everyone loves a parade!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

twattlehead
#6 Posted : 4/23/2017 8:29:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Terence is appreciated enough without making extra threads? Got it.

Can anyone suggest other great psychedelic speakers or podcasts? I've tried a couple but none have the depth or charisma Terence had.

Cognitive Heart
#7 Posted : 4/23/2017 5:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dennis Mckenna, Terence's brother, may be of interest if you're looking for some moar intriguing information.

This recently went live on JRE but you can probably find Dennis on 100+ other podcast streams, too. Also his Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss website/book is a great resource, as well.

http://brotherhoodofthes...amingabyss.com/podcasts/
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 4/24/2017 5:59:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

twattlehead wrote:
Terence is appreciated enough without making extra threads? Got it.

Can anyone suggest other great psychedelic speakers or podcasts? I've tried a couple but none have the depth or charisma Terence had.

Terence was unique in personality and intellect, a truly one of a kind individual, a freak in the best sense of the word.

Regardless of what people may say the man was highly intelligent and very well learned, and one can learn a great deal from his work. I'll let you in on something though, most of what terence did was give his take on the work of others, so there's a good deal of Carl Jung, Marshall McLuhan, Alfred north whitehead, and the concepts and work of various others incorporated into his lectures, or he will take a poem like W.B. yeates "sailing to Byzantium"* and apply the poem to psychedelic, UFO and shamanic concepts:

Quote:

Sailing to Byzantium
W. B. Yeats ( 1865 - 1939 )
(Last verse)
Once out of nature I shall never take
My bodily form from any natural thing,
But such a form as Grecian goldsmiths make
Of hammered gold and gold enamelling
To keep a drowsy Emperor awake;
Or set upon a golden bough to sing
To lords and ladies of Byzantium
Of what is past, or passing, or to come.

Any way, terence did work with Ralph Abraham and Rupert sheldrake which was really great, these lectures were called "trialogues", Ralph and Rupert also have some good independent work which you may enjoy.

Check out a film called "cognition factor", it features a variety of individuals speaking on an assortment of topics, terence is an included speaker, though if you are seeking other speakers you may find someone you like in this film.

Or,
https://erowid.org/culture/characters/
Try browsing through the individuals cited in the link above.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 4/25/2017 2:11:50 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What the heck are you doing quoting Yeats, you incorrigible McKenna quoter, you?!!!? Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

twattlehead
#10 Posted : 4/25/2017 7:41:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
This recently went live on JRE but you can probably find Dennis on 100+ other podcast streams, too. Also his Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss website/book is a great resource, as well.

http://brotherhoodofthes...amingabyss.com/podcasts/

Best jre I've seen, thanks! Lots of good stuff in that, nice that Shawn Thornton got a mention too.

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Any way, terence did work with Ralph Abraham and Rupert sheldrake which was really great, these lectures were called "trialogues", Ralph and Rupert also have some good independent work which you may enjoy.

Check out a film called "cognition factor", it features a variety of individuals speaking on an assortment of topics, terence is an included speaker, though if you are seeking other speakers you may find someone you like in this film.

Or,
https://erowid.org/culture/characters/
Try browsing through the individuals cited in the link above.

I've heard about 30 of the trialogs. Some good stuff there too but they seem a lot more dry with Ralph and Rupert's input. Seen a couple of Rupert's more recent talks too which were worth watching. I'll have a look for Ralph's. With your other links and those Dennis Mckenna podcasts, should keep me going for some time, thanks.

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 4/25/2017 2:15:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
What the heck are you doing quoting Yeats, you incorrigible McKenna quoter, you?!!!? Laughing

I was demonstrating how McKenna will take the work of others and attach to it his own unique outlooks and interpretations.

Quote:
KH: How do you think to go about to instigating, uh, the launch off- the launch.

TM: Well you have- I think that what the task of history can now be seen to be is what I call turning man inside out. The body has to be, uh, ex- interiorized and the soul has to be exteriorized to create, uh, you know, a golden disc. A, uh...

KH: How?

TM: By magic. [Terence laughs]

This matter of the flying saucer gives me an excuse to read a favorite poem of mine which answers your question about the future of man and the psychedelic experience. He says "once out of nature, I shall never take my bodily form from any natural thing, but such a form as Grecian goldsmiths make of hammered gold and gold enameling to keep a drowsy emperor awake or set upon a golden bough to sing to lords and ladies of Byzantium of what is past or passing or to come." And this is the idea of becoming, you know, a golden object after death.

KH: ??

TM: Yeats, this is sailing to Byzantium

KH: [??] ..could you do it again?

"Once out of nature, I shall never take my bodily form from any natural thing, but such a form as Grecian goldsmiths make of hammered gold and gold enameling to keep a drowsy emperor awake or set upon a golden bough to sing to lords and ladies of Byzantium of what is past or passing or to come."

In other words, a golden bird, a hyperdimensional object of Grecian gold enameling, and-

-terence McKenna

Seriously twattlehead, check out the film "cognition factor"

Hmmm...Ralph has some pretty amazing independent work, specially regarding mathematics and chaos theory, but I figured you would be familiar with the trialogues.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 4/25/2017 9:36:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

^Just to imagine TM uttering those poetic words was quite pleasurable.

Appreciated!

( the Laughing symbol indicates a humorous attitude Thumbs up)

Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 4/26/2017 2:01:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Code:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
^Just to imagine TM uttering those poetic words was quite pleasurable.

Appreciated!

( the Laughing symbol indicates a humorous attitude Thumbs up)

Laughing

My attitude is always humorous and easy going.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 4/26/2017 2:51:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
My attitude is always humorous and easy going.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

I'm starting to get it.

Positively Saharan