We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Differences in trips between yellow and white spice? Options

DoorSeeker
#1 Posted : 4/21/2017 7:25:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience is still pretty minimal but I thought I would share my thoughts and would like to get other hyperspace travelers' thoughts on the differences between yellow and white spice. I have noticed that whites spice is much easier to smoke, sometimes you don't even know how much you inhaled but the visuals seem different. I almost like yellow spice visuals better. The visuals seem more symmetrical and more of the typical "chrysanthemum" visuals than with white spice which seems to be more disorderly, chaotic and has more variability to it's display. I've also noticed that white spice seems to have significant less body load. Has any one else noticed this? What have you noticed as far as the differences?
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 4/21/2017 8:07:30 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 4/22/2017 3:53:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT is polymorphic, and occurs in both pure yellow and pure translucent crystals, so often times there really isn't any true difference...

This was informative:
endlessness wrote:
Yellow colour can be a number of things:

- Pure DMT itself has been shown to be polymorphic , so yellow may just be DMT itself. But it can also be other things:
-Oily non-volatile impure solvent remains (bad to smoke)
-Plant oils/fatty acids or other natural impurities (more likely ok to smoke, and can even make for a more efficient vaporization as it protects spice from the lighter's heat, though might taste a bit harsher)
-DMT N-oxide mixed in any proportions to DMT (ok to smoke, also psychoactive, some people even preffer it to normal dmt, others dont like it so much but it definitely works and is not dangerous)
- NMT (also psychoactive, though less potent than dmt, about a fourth of the potency).

It can also be a mix of all/any of the above.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

-eg

Running Bear
#4 Posted : 4/22/2017 5:52:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The yellow can be a number of things. It could be plant fats, NMT, oxidation. One person may have yellow dmt that is 95% pure while another may have 50%. So your yellow dmt isn't going to be the same as someone else's. Dmt is a extremely powerful compound so it really doesn't matter. It comes down to how smooth and pretty you want it to be.

Hkz0r
#5 Posted : 4/23/2017 1:53:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My yields have been becoming more yellow over time and I have noticed a difference in the trips.
The white stuff definitely feels a lot different from the yellow.
However, recently I just mixed all my yellow snowflakes with my white and the trips have been quite pleasant. The come up is smooth and the visuals are quite different....yet somehow still familiar. It's like two worlds clashed.

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 4/27/2017 5:38:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hkz0r wrote:
My yields have been becoming more yellow over time and I have noticed a difference in the trips.
The white stuff definitely feels a lot different from the yellow.
However, recently I just mixed all my yellow snowflakes with my white and the trips have been quite pleasant. The come up is smooth and the visuals are quite different....yet somehow still familiar. It's like two worlds clashed.

Interesting...chemically it's still just DMT, again, there is pure DMT which is yellow, and the yellow DMT which is not pure is still just DMT with minor lipid or oil contaminants, possibly residual contaminants from the solvent or base or other chemicals used in extraction, possibly some NMT, regardless, I'm not certain how these minor impurities could affect the expenrience in any perceptible manner. The NMT maybe, but again, it's not present in large amounts. Interesting though.

DMT polymorphism research article:
Quote:
DMT samples were prepared following extraction from Mimosa tenuiflora inner barks or by laboratory synthesis and then its crystals were recrystallized from solutions of the alkaloid using either hexane or acetonitrile. Irrespective of source, crystals originating from synthesis were predominantly white crystals obtained using crystallization from hexane, whereas yellow samples following recrystallization with acetonitrile.
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0026265X13000544

Again, dimethyltryptamine is polymorphic, there are pure DMT crystals which are yellow and pure DMT crystals which are translucent.

Or as was previously posted:

Quote:
Yellow colour can be a number of things:

- Pure DMT itself has been shown to be polymorphic , so yellow may just be DMT itself. But it can also be other things:
-Oily non-volatile impure solvent remains (bad to smoke)
-Plant oils/fatty acids or other natural impurities (more likely ok to smoke, and can even make for a more efficient vaporization as it protects spice from the lighter's heat, though might taste a bit harsher)
-DMT N-oxide mixed in any proportions to DMT (ok to smoke, also psychoactive, some people even preffer it to normal dmt, others dont like it so much but it definitely works and is not dangerous)
- NMT (also psychoactive, though less potent than dmt, about a fourth of the potency).

It can also be a mix of all/any of the above.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

So if your DMT was yellow as a result of plant lipids, oils, or natural impurities, it may aid in the vaporization of the DMT protecting the DMT molecules from the heat, and while this may contribute to a harsher inhalation, it may be a more efficient one.

I don't mind yellow crystals, as long as they are crystalline, and not "goo" and are of high purity.

-eg

Hkz0r
#7 Posted : 4/28/2017 1:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No 2 dmt trips are the same so it's possible I'm just having new experiences Laughing
Just pulled some Purdy whites. Gonna have a little test with both of them back to back to see if there is any significant differences between the trips

LongTimeWaiting
#8 Posted : 4/29/2017 12:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, the only difference is taste. When you've pulled too much plant fats/oil, you'll know. Other than that, the trip is equal.

DoorSeeker
#9 Posted : 4/29/2017 5:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

DMT polymorphism research article:
Quote:
DMT samples were prepared following extraction from Mimosa tenuiflora inner barks or by laboratory synthesis and then its crystals were recrystallized from solutions of the alkaloid using either hexane or acetonitrile. Irrespective of source, crystals originating from synthesis were predominantly white crystals obtained using crystallization from hexane, whereas yellow samples following recrystallization with acetonitrile.
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0026265X13000544

Again, dimethyltryptamine is polymorphic, there are pure DMT crystals which are yellow and pure DMT crystals which are translucent.

-eg

This paper you link to is extremely interesting. Could you clarify a few things for me in it? This paper is essentially saying there are two different forms of dmt and they each have not only a different color but also different melting points. What I'm not sure about is when they refer to Form I (higher melting point) and Form II (lower melting point), Form I is also the yellow dmt and Form II is the white, yes? Also does this mean that if you want to pull out all of the spice from your bark that you need to heat it to 57 degrees? This paper also seems to suggest that different solvents pull different types of dmt. Would it make sense to conclude that you could get more out of your bark by using multiple solvents? Sorry, I'm trying to follow the paper as best as I can but it is a bit hard to read for me. Very interesting read, nonetheless. Thanks! Thumbs up
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 4/29/2017 7:30:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The difference is not in what DMT is being pulled, but in what form it crystallizes later. When the DMT is dissolved in the solvent, it is in neither form I nor II, it's dissolved.. It is when you supersaturate your solvent (evap or freeze) and the crystals start forming that you get it to turn into either of the forms.

starway6
#11 Posted : 4/30/2017 2:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant beleive many people smoke just DMT by itself anymore?

Ive learnt that an oral MAOI like a tea makes spice go farther and increases the visuals and color content//

Rue...or Caapi tea... before smoking works best for me...

might want to try some..

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 5/5/2017 8:28:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
I cant beleive many people smoke just DMT by itself anymore?

Ive learnt that an oral MAOI like a tea makes spice go farther and increases the visuals and color content//

Rue...or Caapi tea... before smoking works best for me...

might want to try some..

Generally the DMT flash is not something that I want to extend beyond 20 minutes...and is far too intense as it is, visually and otherwise.

-eg

GeneDean
#13 Posted : 5/5/2017 11:33:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've enjoyed all the colors So, it doesn't matter to me.
I still say for me, the red has been the best but as of lately of the last 4 extractions
I can't get it to be red again and it makes me sad.

If I could pick red as top choice I would.
Maybe it's because I started with red?
Nothing beats that nice sweet rip of white crystal tho

Shocktopus
#14 Posted : 6/19/2017 3:57:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My brother and i extracted white spice the first time we made it but last night we did another couple pulls on the basic stage we still had left in the bottles.

pulled over a gram of sandy yellow spice

tried a bit and i felt like it had a bit more of an "insane" character to it. i was completely euphoric and 100% loopy, as opposed to the white spice where i am euphoric but calm.

i really thought i wasn't coming back from that one, going to go around there and try a bit more tonight.

ElevatorAlley
#15 Posted : 6/19/2017 4:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had two back-to-back trips from the very same bowl that were completely different. Combined with the observation that the character of the trips also seems to change noticeably over time as I become more accustomed/attuned to the DMT, I personally think it would be hard to distinguish any real qualitative difference between different presentations of the spice based on bioassays alone.

NMT or DMT-N-oxides could conceivably alter the experience in a qualitative way, but it's hard to be sure if either of those are present in a given batch of "yellow" spice.

But who am I to rain on anyone's parade? DMT being what it is, even the expectation that the experience will be different is probably enough to make it so.

Ram Dazz
#16 Posted : 6/19/2017 6:36:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same thoughts (yellow or white) in the beginning. I invested a lot of time to create and clean the results.
But what I learned is that my set and settings are the main factor that steer my DMT experience.
Ah...before I forget it "the technic how to smoke DMT make also a big difference" (Volcano or GVG).
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head: you fold it.