We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Options

Routemaster
#1 Posted : 4/15/2017 3:28:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I have been using psychedelics for a good period of my life. Occasionally DMT and some other common phenethylamines and tryptamines, but most of my research has been with LSD. I was recently reading the 'Criminals & Researchers – David Nickles' article and noted some of the research work the DMT-Nexus memberbase are interested in and I found myself sharing similar feelings.

I am curious to find some more advanced psychedelic discussion and people to share experiences with.

Thanks Cool

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TwennyBux
#2 Posted : 4/17/2017 2:03:31 AM

Psychonautical engineer

Welcome to the nexus Routemaster, it seems you have come to the right placeSmile
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
– Terence McKenna

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 4/17/2017 3:52:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My work is mainly centered around organic chemistry, however I also deal in research quite a bit. My research is also centered around tryptamine, phenethylamine, and lysergamide compounds, so it seems we have something in common in that respect.

That nickels article is great, and I honestly agree on many points.
from criminals and researchers wrote:
I do not deny that there is sanctioned research being done on psychedelics, nor do I deny that there are groundbreaking results coming out of sanctioned psychedelic research. However, the fact of the matter is that there is not “enough” psychedelic research being done, nor do I believe it is possible to ever pursue “enough” psychedelic research within the confines of sanctioned institutions set within a prohibitionist paradigm
http://the-nexian.me/hom...-of-underground-research

I could not agree more.

I look at treasures like PIHKAL/TIHKAL and the other works of shulgin, the work of Darrell lemaire, specially his "smart pills" publication, things like Casey hardison's 2C-T-7 survey, and so on...and I appreciate that this research was done in an unsanctioned manner. ...Even erowid could be seen as an unsanctioned research organization.

( Shulgin is a novel case, where he had a DEA license, and was backed by DOW at one point, however I still consider this unsanctioned research, it was not facilitated by a major university or institution, and was conducted with out grants or institutional funding )

Again, I agree that individuals like David E. Nichols, Daniel Trachsel, David Nutt, Roland Griffiths, Rick Doblin, Denis McKenna, Ralph Metzner, David healy, Charles grob, and others are doing a great job, and I fully appreciate all that sanctioned research has to offer, I think organizations like MAPS and the heffter institute are doing amazing work and making great progress for psychedelics.

...however, I can not ignore the flaws with modern sanctioned psychedelic research, or the unjust obstacles impeded on such research, nor can I ignore the treasures produced by modern unsanctioned psychedelic researchers.

Quote:

In the Middle Ages, the church forbade dissection of human bodies, and medical students would visit battlefields and the gallows at night, and steal the bodies of victims of war and executed prisoners, in order to learn human physiology. Where that spirit of scientific courage has gone, I don't know; but there is very little of it left. Now, people feed at the trough of government grants and enormous corporate research budgets, and the idea of actually pursuing truth, or attempting to understand the phenomenon in an unbiased fashion, divorced from its commercial, social and political dimensions, is unheard of. -terence McKenna

-eg