We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
new ritual perfomance Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:27:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I'm thinking of organizing a series of ayahuasca rituals in a modern/ postmodern fashion. It would not nessecarilly be religious rituals but more a sort of total performances that would include music, light effects, and smells.
I think that it would not be very doable to let the partakers perform things like dancing themselves, but i keep that open for now.

My idea is that of a 4 hour journey that involves all the senses. There will be a constant flow of music that takes you through the experience from the beginning till the end.

I'm thinking of next summer.

All the practical objections and problems are of later concern. For now i'm open for ideas, inspiration and sugestions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:43:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea. I also want to develop some music specifically for aya journeys. I think it will take a while though. Music for those kind of journeys is quite a special thing.

Are you thinking live or recorded music? Both are good but of course live has greater potential...
I would start with a small group to try things out, follow your intuition and if possible seek guidance from Mama Ayahuasca herself.

In recent rituals some of the recorded shamanic music my friend plays is just beautiful. It really takes you to that serene place of peace and light, and can help move you along if the journey gets a bit dark.

balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

PerPLexED
#3 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:53:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sounds awesome. yknow what you could do? sensory deprivation while dosing, then once it starts kicking up, you can start teasing each sense. maybe light an insense and bring it across the room and then put it out. and then fade in some music and then fade it out. and then start combining them until the point where the person is peaking, they'll have all their senses at full blast(used to do something similar in the past its AMAZING)
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

soulman
#4 Posted : 11/1/2009 11:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I regularly attend ceremoies held by a guy who holds, i guess what you would call "westerrnised" ceremonies.
They are not religious, but i would say they have spiritual undertones.
Bascically he holds them on the weekends closest to the full/new moon,so every two weeks.
He "smudges" everyone before the ceremony with white sage.
We then all sit down and introduce ourselves and say why we are there.
This is followed by the first drink (syrian rue), which is then followd by 20mins of toning.(he has this wooden box thing which produces a note kinda like a harpsichord, which is tuned to the heart chakra, and we hum along to the tone)
After this, its time for the second drink (jurema tea)
Everyone then retretas to their respective matresses to embark on their journies.

Its held in a darkened room, but not pitch black, there are a few candles lit.
The music is mixed. He plays some recorded stuff. Mainly devotional mantras like Snatam Kuar, Oliver Shanti, Darpan. There is also some drumming music and healing sounds, icaros and various other stange stuff that is very apt for journeying.
There is also some live music, gongs, drums, rattles, digerdoos, chapaka, crystal singing bowls etc.
He will also burn insense during the ceremony palo santo, frankinsence, copal etc.
There is always at least one designated non drinker, who can help people out in times of trouble aswel as provide healing.
The doses are usually measured by shot glases. He rings a bell periodically to indicate an opportunity for another drink if you wish to go deeper, but this isnt set in stone, if you feel you need another drink then you just go up for one.

The ceremonies usually start around 7pm and go into the early hours of the morning.
Once everyone is back to earth, we have soup and a sharing, discussing our experiences and insights. This part is obviously optional, but most people always seem to share.
Im so greatful to have found a place where i can do this. I feel alot safer whence done in a ceremonial setting. Some of the states i have been in would have been quite difficult had i been on my own. Its comforting to be surrounded by others who are in the same boat as you.

Hope that has given you some good ideas.
You have to go within or you go without