We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freezing tea? Options

soulman
#1 Posted : 11/1/2009 6:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, say to you had got a load of mushrooms, and wanted to make a tea so you could prehaps do a mushroom ceremony with some close friends.....
Well lets say you needed to keep the tea until there was an apporiate time when you could all be together....
Would the tea be ok in the fridge or would freezing it be a better way of preserving (or would that destroy ny goodies in the tea?)
You have to go within or you go without

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

geeg30
#2 Posted : 11/1/2009 8:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know Psilo's are quite stable when frozen, a FOAF has even frozen the shrooms and used them 10 months later to good effect. He said they tasted a bit waxy though but no reasonable loss in potency.

Only one way to find out but I don't see any problem, maybe a slight loss in potency
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

soulman
#3 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info brother.
I guess the question is, chemically spaking, would the freezing process denature or alter the Psilocybin?
You have to go within or you go without

thepureskunk
#4 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:07:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did someone pick a load of Libs then??? Very happy

The weather has been perfect here...wet, damp and humid!

I've never frozen tea but have kept mushies in freezer with good results. A friwnd who grows them also does the same..just not sure about a brew..sorry

acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

geeg30
#5 Posted : 11/2/2009 10:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would assume that you would lose some potency due to reheating. If you have plenty of shrooms then make a small batch up and freeze - also freeze the rest of your shrooms just in case, at least you know that they freeze well.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"