We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
new here Options

sendokon
#1 Posted : 4/8/2017 4:02:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello all, looked around here for a while as a guest and took the plunge.
just made my first attempt and cybs salt tek. didnt go as well as i had thought. think most of my cyrstals went into the jar i used to pour out the extra naphtha after the freeze so refreezing that and keeping my fingers crossed Smile all pulls were milky white.
thanks to anyone who posted their results, problems and solutions.
-sen
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 4/8/2017 3:53:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If you are having issues with freeze precipitation, you could always try evaporation of the solvent.

-eg

sendokon
#3 Posted : 4/9/2017 5:18:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the advise, everyone has been very helpful i really appreciate it Smile ill get it eventually, i hope lol
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Complexity
#4 Posted : 4/9/2017 8:43:12 AM

Being & Becoming

You could also reduce the volume to a third or so and then freeze precipitate again.
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Hkz0r
#5 Posted : 4/9/2017 8:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Almost everyone that does cybs salt tek mentions these milky white pulls.
I've done that tek about 6 times, and every time my pulls were clear as water.
I don't see a decrease in the yields either. 50g always gets me in the ballpark of 1g.
I have 6 pulls in the freezer now ready to come out any minute and neither of them were milky. However, I took a peek this morning and the entire bottom was covered in beautiful little snowflakes. I don't know, as long I'm getting results I'm happy haha.

But here's the thing about pouring off your naphtha into the jar to be reused. I always use a syringe. Always. It prevents me from pouring off any crystals that might have slipped off the glass.
The syringe I use is a little 5ml one that you would use to give medicine to a baby. And for the very last bits of naphtha that remain I have these little 3ml pipettes. Works like a charm.
I never spill or lose any naphtha/dmt.

I don't know if any of this helped, just wanted to share Laughing

Asher7
#6 Posted : 4/9/2017 10:48:47 PM

Professional Tracker

You mean an oral syringe? The ones I've used before for other applications were all plastic. I never checked to see what type of plastic since it wasn't an issue for what I was trying to accomplish, but my concern would be if that type of plastic is safe for use with the solvent I was working with.

sendokon
#7 Posted : 4/10/2017 1:21:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well thats what i ended up doing, i used a 3ml syringe, i saw crystals but they ended up being flat on the dish, i scraped it and well only got i think .03 orange goo, so total i have about .23 orange goo. I wish i knee what i screwed up. Maybe ill try again from scratch.

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 4/10/2017 3:22:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Have you considered a glass turkey-baster? which works great for removing your upper naphtha/DMT layer from the basic H20 layer from a jar or other similar reaction vessel. It's far easier than trying to decant the naphtha layer.

...or you could order a separatory funnel.

-eg

DoorSeeker
#9 Posted : 4/10/2017 3:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hkz0r wrote:
Almost everyone that does cybs salt tek mentions these milky white pulls.
I've done that tek about 6 times, and every time my pulls were clear as water.
I don't see a decrease in the yields either. 50g always gets me in the ballpark of 1g.
I have 6 pulls in the freezer now ready to come out any minute and neither of them were milky. However, I took a peek this morning and the entire bottom was covered in beautiful little snowflakes. I don't know, as long I'm getting results I'm happy haha.

Yeah, my friend just did Cyb's tek and it was completely clear. He got a solid 2% yield though too. Maybe it depends on the ratio of solvent to bark one is using or how cool the solvent is when it is pulled... not sure though.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

sendokon
#10 Posted : 4/10/2017 5:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did try a new turkey baster, i used it on the first intial pulls of naphtha then would switch to the small one. The turkey baster would leak out on me. Ill have to give it ago again ehen i get the chance. I still have a decent amount of acrb to try again.

DoorSeeker
#11 Posted : 4/10/2017 5:13:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:
I did try a new turkey baster, i used it on the first intial pulls of naphtha then would switch to the small one. The turkey baster would leak out on me. Ill have to give it ago again ehen i get the chance. I still have a decent amount of acrb to try again.

Turkey baster doesn't seem to work. It is very imprecise and doesn't hold the solvent well. Get a pipette off Amazon. Works like a charm. Why a turkey baster works for its real purpose and not extraction I'm not sure. I think if you had a lot of it, it would work. but trying to pull up a couple hundred ml of solvent without sucking up the lye bark solution just doesn't work well.
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

sendokon
#12 Posted : 4/10/2017 6:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha ya im sure i wouldn't wana do anything more than 50ml with the 3ml one. Is it okay to still smoke the orange goo i have? Its about .23g, or is it just kinda garbage and start over again?

Hkz0r
#13 Posted : 4/11/2017 12:56:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
You mean an oral syringe? The ones I've used before for other applications were all plastic. I never checked to see what type of plastic since it wasn't an issue for what I was trying to accomplish, but my concern would be if that type of plastic is safe for use with the solvent I was working with.

Yeah that one. Haven't had any problems with the plastic, I clean it in between pulls and afterwards. Hands down better than any baister I've used. It doesn't leak, it's more precise and I can just push out any basified liquid that I accidentally suck up. Takes about 2 minutes per 50ml pull, maybe less.

BioTron
#14 Posted : 4/11/2017 2:14:34 AM

Philocybin

It depends on what your syringe is made from. If it is all glass(they are fairly cheap, reusable, and available on that auction site), polycarbonate, polypropylene, and silicone, It has good chemical resistance. These syringe manufacturers are kinda tricky to nail down exactly what is made of what, but it can be found.
Disclaimer: The "I" that has been referenced above is the character in a fictitious biography, narrated by BioTron. Any and all resemblance to actual events is unintentional, accidental, and/or coincidental in nature.

sendokon
#15 Posted : 4/11/2017 5:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used a baby medicine dropper 3ml, tiny turkey baster. Works well thought about using the syringe; i have plenty of those but well theyre more needed else where.

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 4/11/2017 2:55:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think all the means mentioned above are better alternatives to attempting to decant the naphtha layer...

I guess it comes down to what works best in your personal situation.

Nobody uses a separatory funnel?

-eg

sendokon
#17 Posted : 4/11/2017 7:53:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didnt have really any trouble gettin the naphtha out. Could it be the ph levels of the steps were off and thats why i got pretty much nothing? I dont have a ph meter but followed the steps as far as i can tell to the exact. Or if anyone knows what the ph levels should be for the diffrent steps of cybs. Should i let the dish sit out a bit before putting it into the freezer?
In a few hours i might be able to try again from scratch.

Hkz0r
#18 Posted : 4/12/2017 1:38:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it be the bark itself?
Only time I experience low pulls is when I shake the mixture too hard when I add naphtha.

sendokon
#19 Posted : 4/12/2017 1:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know if its the quality of the bark or maybe shaking it too hard with the naphtha like you said. I noticed i have a hard time getting the naptha to mix in unless shook. Rolling it or figure 8 just kinda seems to keep it on top. About 45 mins ill be adding the naptha to my new batch...
Oh last time it only took about 5 mins or so for it to fully separate also, i dont know if thats normal

Hkz0r
#20 Posted : 4/12/2017 6:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:
I dont know if its the quality of the bark or maybe shaking it too hard with the naphtha like you said. I noticed i have a hard time getting the naptha to mix in unless shook. Rolling it or figure 8 just kinda seems to keep it on top. About 45 mins ill be adding the naptha to my new batch...
Oh last time it only took about 5 mins or so for it to fully separate also, i dont know if thats normal

When I roll it I usually just turn my bottle upside down and then right side up. After doing that kind of slow for 10 seconds I turn it on its side and just let the air bubble gently bounce from one side to the other like a seesaw.
Keep in mind that if your pulls are heated you will get more out of them.

I use this bottle here. If everything it measured precisely it is the perfect size for extracting all the way down to the pulls.
I used to use a pickle jar and man.....sucking out the naphtha was a HUGE pain.
Hkz0r attached the following image(s):
20170408_121515.jpg (2,756kb) downloaded 76 time(s).

12NEXT