We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wow, 5-MeO-DMT is really very powerful! Options

Aum_Shanti
#1 Posted : 3/27/2017 10:13:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Finally I got my hands on some 5-MeO-DMT. Unfortunately not self grown (but this is in work).

I thought I first do a test dose with 3mg (I have a very very accurate scale). I put it into the wax capsule of my flowermate vaporizer and first set it to 160°C and took a toke. Wasn't enough heat. So set to 200°C and again a toke...and WOW...

I mean only 3mg but...WOW...that's an insanely powerful substance!!!

For anyone maybe interested about such a low dose 5-MeO-Experience:
The headspace (and noise) is very very similar to DMT (I would say about where I was at 15-20mg DMT). The come up is really brutally fast.
But no visuals whatsoever. Which isn't IMHO a bad thing.
Quite a strong bodyload. I got quickly very nauseous and really thought I have to throw up in a few secs. Breathing felt more difficult, as if there's some weight on the chest.
But the body feeling apart from the bodyload is very very different from DMT.
On DMT I kinda very quickly get disconnected from my body, whereas on 5-MeO-DMT it seems I stay connected, therefore experiencing the bodyload but also the body energy.
I mean you get flooded with this tingling "energy" and this stays very very long. Even now that I'm writing (about >50Mins later) this tingling is still very observable.
Overall I definitely have the feeling 5-MeO-DMT works longer than DMT. With DMT I quickly come down and after 1h I feel completely normal.

So first test was successful. Administration with a vaporizer works perfectly. It seems everything vaporized perfectly, as there was no residue.
But now, I'm really kinda scared to go for the full blow. Wow that was already the steepest start I ever had, and that were only 3mg.

Edit:
BTW, Any advice how to properly handle such low amounts of substance? Although I have a very very accurate scale, dosing it is very problematic. E.g. I probably wasted more in dosing than the dose itself. I tried it with a knife tip, but that's just terrible to work with with such low amounts.

Would really be interested for any knowledge about how to handle such small amounts in an easy way.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

UgraKarma
#2 Posted : 3/28/2017 1:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your write-up, although it might be best to remove your source reference in your post.

Concerning handling lower dosages- in my experience insufflation makes dosing 5-MeO-DMT easier, although it does change the pacing of the experience quite dramatically, with a slightly more gradual come up. I prefer the slower onset of insufflation to the more extreme attack of the vaporized effects.

If you prefer to smoke, making ten doses or so of enhanced leaf in one go, across say 300 mg of inert plant material, will make weighing out doses easier as well.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 3/28/2017 9:34:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My problem: I'm not the smoker. So I don't think having additional stuff to smoke is a good idea for me. Or is it? I don't know. That's just what I would think.

And I have a strong aversion against getting anything up my nostrils...so...not much more options left.

Did you every try 5-MeO-DMT orally or vaped with Harmalas?
I heard orally alters the experience, as part of it gets metabolized into Bufotenine. So would be interested about any knowledge in that area.

Did today do another 3mg test. Strangely this time it was much less intense. I'm wondering why?
* Tolerance?
* Am I now already more used to this state?
* Different vaporization? Did use this time two small crystals (2+1mg), last time only powder.

But I certainly had this tingling body feeling from yesterday still the whole day today, although certainly not as strong as during the experience. So there seems, something stays longer.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

UgraKarma
#4 Posted : 3/29/2017 5:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suppose the point of introducing plant matter is to make handling easier, and not just so that there's more material to smoke.

5MeODMT and harmalas have a much more dangerous profile together than most of the other tryptamines and MAOI's. Please be careful and do your research. With that said, I've come to enjoy introducing small amounts of 5MeODMT to my changa blends recently, as it seems to facilitate "opening up."

I have not tried 5MeODMT orally, simply because it is dosed so easily other ways. NN,DMT can be tricky or elusive sometimes, but I feel like its quite hard to miss the mark if you're set on using 5MeODMT. With that said, most of my experience is set around the release dose range, and it sounds as though you're enjoying the threshold effects more at the moment (and why not? they're great!)

My recommendation would be to increase the dose slightly (maybe an 8MG dose?) to better understand the compounds effects before introducing new elements and remixing the experience on yourself.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Aum_Shanti
#5 Posted : 3/31/2017 9:47:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm still fiddling with my application tek. As I first want to make it proof, before going for bigger amounts, as I don't want to waste any of the precious material.

So I tried something new, namely taking out the cotton from the wax capsule and only using the donut vaporizing room of the capsule.
Tried to find the temp spot where it starts to smoke. So yesterday I increased temp on and on, with the open device, but no smoke was coming. After reaching quite a temp, I just couldn't understand, that it still didn't smoke, so I did let it cool again and looked inside, and as it seemed everything was gone. Strange, I thought. Still tried to smoke it, at like 180C but only had a slight little buzz. So I thought: OK, really everything was gone...

Today went for another try at 3mg vaporization test dose. A bit strange was, that my scale showed that the empty capsule's weight was 2.5mg heavier than yesterday. But that's perhaps just some dirt etc, I thought. So I loaded 3.4mg in it.

This time I thought: You have to close it right from the beginning or it will evaporate again into nothingness. So I did this, and tried to smoke it at 150C, nothing, increased to 180C, which gave only a really minimal threshold buzz. So I did let it cool again and had a look inside: All gone.
That just cannot be...I was kinda disappointed and puzzled.
So I loaded some leftover DMT (about 15mg) I had lying around into another capsule and vaped it.
After coming down a bit from it (15mins), I asked myself, if I didn't apply enough heat on the 5-MeO-DMT? So I loaded again the empty capsule from before and set temp to max (230C). Then I vaped it, one toke, two tokes, ...and...ups...quite a strong come up...woouuusshhhiii
Kinda orgasmic...had a real smile on my face on comedown.Big grin

It seems if 5-MeO-DMT is liquified and dried again it is almost transparent, so that you cannot see it in the capsule. So it seems I vaped the parts of yesterday plus the dose I added today, making roughly around 5.5mg.
Tremendous experience, although the stomach nausea was really strong. Also due to the vaped DMT before, quite some DMT kinda swapped over into this 5-MeO experience and got kinda reactivated.

But I am now aware, that as it seems my vaporizer has problems getting enough heat to vaporize enough 5-MeO-DMT in time to get it in one toke.
It seems DMT vapes much better, with lower temps.

So I thought about what you said: Insufflation. I read recently someone on bluelight had very good success with a nasal spray with DPT. So I would think it should work even better with 5-MeO-DMT (less material).
He uses propylen-glycol in the nasal spray, and according to him this method of application reduced the burn and the drip drastically.

So I will definitely try this ROA in the future, when I get the time to salt some FB. Will try to make the fumarat.

Aum_Shanti
#6 Posted : 4/4/2017 10:20:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I ordered now a good donut vape. That should do it. Will wait 'til it arrives before continuing, as I want to go to 8 and then 12mg but with my current method, that is just not possible in a convenient way.

But I have to say, IMHO this is really a very SACRED substance. I never ever came across anything like this substance. It is just pure cosmic energy bliss in powder form.

And what I think is really special about this substance: That this "energy reconnect" remains for days after smoking it. It just slowly fades away. Just incredible!

I've had MDMA quite some times, and know this happy feeling. But 5-MeO-DMT just seems to give you the direct bliss energy connect.

I also realized now, that I really have to lay down after smoking. As the nausea seems to come from keeping my body upright. If I lay down and let go, the nausea goes away.

This is very different to DMT, where I immediately freeze in the position I smoke it, no matter if standing upright, sitting, ...

Aum_Shanti
#7 Posted : 5/16/2017 10:01:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW...WOW...Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked

It's just mind-blowing with this substance how much the method of administration changes everything.

Now tried a low dose of 4.5mg with my new Mr Bald T cup atomizer.
It's just insane how much more effective the substance is, than in the ways I tried it before.

Now I really got some RESPECT for this substance!!!

And honestly I don't think I will get the courage together to go the full way with 12mg...

Maybe if I first have some MDMA...

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#8 Posted : 5/17/2017 4:13:52 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

If you want a more gradual come-up, try smoking it on caapi leaf or making a changa blend. I as well as many others find the MAOI to somehow tame and smooth out the raw sharp intensity of DMT/5MeO
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

null24
#9 Posted : 5/17/2017 3:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
Now I really got some RESPECT for this substance!!!

And honestly I don't think I will get the courage together to go the full way with 12mg...

In my limited experience, 5 neo is far less jarring than n,n. It contains a stillness whereas n,n is all noise and flash. For me that allows for less nervous astonishment.

The reward of a strong dose is literally ineffable, and there is really something to the comparisons with state descriptions like samadhi or death. It is , imo, the pinnacle of psychs, capable of inducing the deepest spiritual (pardon the word) mind state, the implications of which to me at least, at stunning.

It is, of course, not a toy, the aftereffects persist for some time, and care must be taken to keep ones head screwed on , as you will go through changes if you have a void dose.

I don't know for certain, but I was under the impression that mixing with a RIMA (maoi) as in changa is not a good combo due to potential hypertensive crisis.

Only go for strong doses if you have good integration skills/tools and resources. Hi
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Aum_Shanti
#10 Posted : 5/17/2017 3:56:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your suggestions.
Anybody ever tried to make the "entering" easier by doing MDMA?

I'm just curious if the fearlessness of the MDMA still holds through it, or if the 5-MeO-DMT overwhelms it anyways.

Bancopuma
#11 Posted : 6/1/2017 11:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions.
Anybody ever tried to make the "entering" easier by doing MDMA?

I'm just curious if the fearlessness of the MDMA still holds through it, or if the 5-MeO-DMT overwhelms it anyways.

Hey Aum_Shanti,

I've read a few really glowing reports about this combo, such reports seem to be very thin on the ground but they paint a good picture. In his book Tryptamine Palace, James Oroc specifically warns against this combo though, suggesting it may put one at risk of serotonin syndrome. So if one is intent on experimenting, it may be wise to proceed cautiously, and start off with low doses to play it safe.

Aum_Shanti
#12 Posted : 6/1/2017 12:23:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, I have no idea why 5-MeO-DMT, together with MDMA should induce a Serotonin-Syndrome.
IMHO that just doesn't make any sense.
Would be grateful, if anyone could please explain to me, why this should be a problem for 5-MeO-DMT and not for other psychedelics?

Other possible dangers I heard make much more sense:

1) 5-MeO-DMT is already hard on the body. Using it on an amphetamine, which also is stressing the body, could be potentially more problematic for the body stress (heart rate, etc).
But OTOH on the few reports I read, which related to this, they actually rather experienced less load on the body. IMHO an explanation for this could be, that most of the bad bodyload (heart racing, etc.) stems from fear on 5-MeO-DMT. Eliminating the fear with MDMA reduces these symptoms.

2) Studies, like the one from Gudelsky showed a possible increased neurotoxicity. But for their studies they not only used way over the top dosages, but also a completely unrealistic ratio (10mg/kg MDMA and 15mg/kg 5-MeO-DMT).
E.g. I'm not really surprised that 5-MeO-DMT increases the Dopamine problem (which causes the neurotoxicity of MDMA). But if you look by how much and then compare it to the dosage ratios, I would conclude that in a normal dosage ratio the increase of the Dopamine problem is probably almost neglectable.
Additionally I would conclude that the Dopamine only becomes a problem, when the MDMA isn't anymore occupying the serotonin reuptake clefts. So if you do the 5-MeO-DMT before that, which you would do, if you do it on the peak. Then the effect of the 5-MeO-DMT has long worn off, before the Dopamine problem starts to set in.

Sure these are all not very scientific explanations, but I'm also not aware of extensive research on this topic.

Bancopuma
#13 Posted : 6/1/2017 2:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I just asked a contact in the US about this, he knows his 5-MeO and is actively involved in research with it.

Firstly, the body load aspect of 5-MeO is definitely more than just a psychological effect. Like N,N-DMT, I definitely noted an elevated pulse before blasting off due to pre-flight anxiety with my recent Bufo sessions, but 5-MeO has a more robust effect on raising pulse and blood pressure than N,N-DMT, and this is primarily a physical response by the body.

With that in mind, my contact said you'd likely be fine if taking the 5-MeO towards the tail end of the MDMA experience, but he would recommend avoiding taking it during the peak, so as to avoid potential heart stress (or blood pressure issues).

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 6/1/2017 6:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the view of a redditor that was asked about this by a fellow Nexian:

Quote:
"5-sub tryptamines when used with other serotonergic agents and/or MAOI can result in serotonin syndrome. I'd advise NOT doing this combo and maybe using some nn-DMT instead."

...does anyone with good pharmacology knowledge want to chime in here?

Aum_Shanti
#15 Posted : 6/1/2017 9:16:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I would really be interested in why 5-subbed trypts could induce serotonin syndrome and other psychedelics not.

In the meantime I read some works.

Quote:
Firstly, the body load aspect of 5-MeO is definitely more than just a psychological effect. Like N,N-DMT, I definitely noted an elevated pulse before blasting off due to pre-flight anxiety with my recent Bufo sessions, but 5-MeO has a more robust effect on raising pulse and blood pressure than N,N-DMT, and this is primarily a physical response by the body.

I don't doubt that 5-MeO-DMT by itself already creates a strong bodyload. But usually nothing really problematic.
IMHO it could well be, that the really problematic reactions stem mainly from the fear.
E.g. in the paper from Brush ("Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Poisoning Resulting from Internet Misinformation on Illicit Substances" ) the patients physical body condition got immediately better when they gave him a Benzo.
But maybe this is just some ill-theory by me...Big grin

BTW: Interesting in this case was, that when you read it, you rather get the impression, it just became a horrible trip, when they tried to "help" him.
He himself also came to this conclusion:
Quote:
he 'would have been just fine if they'd left [him] alone

BTW I think this is a real problem with 5-MeO-DMT. It's outer body effects can look very drastic (you're completely gone). So that people around you get terrified, although the subject itself can experience at that time pure bliss...
And in the above case they called 911, and when they wanted to get him into the ambulance he fought against them...
So be sure, noone sees you while you are away...

About Serotonin-Syndrome:
I found a paper by Reimann ("THE SEROTONIN RECEPTOR AGONIST 5-METHOXY-N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE FACILITATES NORADRENALINE RELEASE FROM RAT SPINAL CORD SLICES AND INHIBITS MONOAMINE OXIDASE ACTIVITY" ) where they conclude that 5-MeO-DMT is also a MAOI-A.

But honestly IMHO every psychedelic, is also a MAOI, as the body MAO is occupied in destroying them. And it seems 5-MeO-DMT as an endogenous substance gets metabolized very fast, so it occupies some MAOs probably only for a very short time.

So I would conclude it is possibly quite a bad and short acting MAOI. Also because it's not active orally points IMHO in that direction.

Edit:
Some guy in a forum postulated that as 5-MeO-DMT is a 5-HT1A agonist, it additionally activates these receptors (just like serotonin also would), so overall on MDMA you have more serotonin receptor activation, and therefore more quickly a serotonin-syndrome.

Edit2:
In this paper they wrote:
Quote:
Mechanistically, both MAOI and 5-MeO-DMT act agonistically on serotonergic systems that readily causes hyperserotonergic effects or serotonin toxicity

But IMHO then that should also count for all the other agonists, like e.g. DMT.
I wouldn't see why 5-MeO-DMT should point out in this relation.
Also it seems to me, as 5-HT1A receptors actually decrease serotonin release, it should, if at all, rather have the opposite effect. Although I doubt the 5HT1A serotonin inhibition is still working properly on MDMA.

#16 Posted : 6/1/2017 10:22:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

5-MeO is on my list

very intriguing experience and after reading 'darkness shining wild', which is an extremely well written account/book on the authors high-dose 5-MeO experience

it really intrigues me, mostly for personal reasons.

tseuq
#17 Posted : 8/1/2017 3:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
WOW...WOW...Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked

I am feeling you! When blasting off on 5 the first time some weeks ago, it hit surprisingly fast and so hard (I thought I am suffocating), that I could barely lay down and cover myself with the blanket. It put me directly into death (the state of letting go), with no excuses, just "direct in my face". Shocked Laughing

When I came back I felt totally energized and what I can say from my few experiences with 5 till now is, that this is how the 5 reveals itself, on an energetic-ecstatic dimension. Pure bliss.

tatt wrote:
5-MeO is on my list

Thumbs up

Its presentation form is unique and magnifique! Just WOW.. "pure pureness".

Happy and safe travels, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

blue.magic
#18 Posted : 8/3/2017 6:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You may look up Volumetric Liquid Dosing for the sub milligram accuracy. Powerful substances are usually dilluted before dosed. It takes a syringe and proper solvent though I never tried it myself.