We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A little help please Options

Space
#1 Posted : 10/30/2009 11:02:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm wanting to purchase a cactus. I've looked about on the internet, and came across a Trichocereus pachanoi for sale. It's about 4 feet tall, and costs £40. Is this worth it for the price? and how do I look after it? will it survive indoors? also can anyone give us a rough estimate of doses from san pedro at this size?

Space attached the following image(s):
large_pachanoi.jpg (25kb) downloaded 78 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

antichode
#2 Posted : 10/31/2009 12:46:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

price sounds a bit steep to me, but I dont know how available they are to you in the UK, they are very easy to look after... Best if you can keep them outdoors in a spot that is shaded for a bit of the day i.e. against a wall, but in saying that... if your in the UK it will probably be fine in full sun all day. In winter bring them inside and dont water them

Hard to say what sort of dosage that will be.... If you were to boil it and make a tea it would give you two whopping doses from the looks of it.... Its probably roughly 100 grams of outer green flesh when its dried, maybe a bit less

antichode
#3 Posted : 10/31/2009 12:47:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it looks like a great specimen tho, beautiful color

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 10/31/2009 1:02:08 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I can't tell if that is a non-predominant pachanoi or not from the pic (my guess is that it is a non-predominant pachanoi) but if it is then it's well worth the money for that size.

If you get one, please propagate it and spread it all over Europe.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

antichode
#5 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
if it is then it's well worth the money for that size.

I agree after thinking about it some more... I was converting pounds into our dollar which is never a good way to measure something's worth....

I can't say Ive seen a PC produce bloom like that, have you Coatl?

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:33:19 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Bloom? What bloom? Or do you mean blue?

Ya it looks pretty blue to be a P.C. pachanoi
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

antichode
#7 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Bloom? What bloom? Or do you mean blue?

Ya it looks pretty blue to be a P.C. pachanoi

The glaucous bloom i.e. what makes them appear to be blue

antichode
#8 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience the non PC plants produce much more bloom, this is what gives them a blue color, its not the flesh that is blue

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 11/2/2009 8:47:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Tell me more about "bloom" I've never heard of it...

antichode
#10 Posted : 11/2/2009 11:12:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its the waxy grey/blue coating that appears on new growth.... Its also found on fruit, grapes seem to produce alot of it. Wax bloom or glaucous coating's are hydrophobic, so they repel water. I think that is its only role, perhaps it protects the plant from bugs too?

Me calling it a glaucous bloom is not technically correct. one of the words is redundant i.e. bloom and glaucous are both describing the nature of the coating...so your right to be confused Smile

The way it seems to grow over the cactus reminds me of fungi, hence strapping bloom on the end fits the description quite well, but its bad grammer.

The coating of waxy crystals that protects the plant Smile