We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is anyone able to communicate with Nature? Options

archaic_revival_
#1 Posted : 3/16/2017 6:41:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been working with the plant for about a year now, and have been learning a lot about Shamanism. Shamans believe that consciousness exists within everything including things like mountains, trees, rivers, rocks, etc (even chemical combinations like aya). The Q'ero in the Andes believe they can communicate with the mountains which they refer to as Apus.

I can accept that trees and plants have some sort of consciousness; however, the notion that mountains and lakes have their own consciousness is a challenge for me.

Anyway, my Shaman believes that she can communicate with trees. I live close to a lot of majestic Redwoods so I decided to give it a gander a couple of times but to no avail. I certainly feel "energy" (or negatively charged ions) when I'm out in the woods, but I never receive any kind of communication. Heck I even tried singing to a Redwood once but it didn't do any good.

So I'm curious...is this just some hippie BS? Or does anybody feel they can actually communicate with Nature the way the Q'ero do in Peru?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 3/16/2017 12:26:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I have been a slender sword
A drop in the air
A shining bright star
A letter amoung words
-6th century bard taliesin shamanic writing

such statements were for a long time seen as poetic bombast, But in more recent times they have been accepted as accounts of actual experiences, when a taliesin speaks of having "been" a sword, or a drop of rain or a star, he means that he has literally experienced what it means to be so completely at one with the things he sees and hears in such a way, that he feels as if he were indeed one of them.

-Mathews;shamanism bible

-eg

Infectedstyle
#3 Posted : 3/16/2017 1:17:29 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I really cannot pass this one up to share my (brief) experience with this phenomenon. only because it happened once or twice as I don't put myself into this situation a lot. And I'm curious if other people experience this same phenomena as that would make it more interesting and real. I know i'm not really much of a voice As now it is just a curious experience. To be honest I am very doubtful if trees can actually communicate. It seems to me that biological forms act as a whole, there is some reason to suppose that a greater area like a mountain has it's own energy. I would suppose it is based on the diversity of lifeforms that grow on it rather than the actual mountain itself. But perhaps the peak is in itself 'so alive' that no live can really grow there. Pure conjecture ofcourse. What I noticed was a very sad piece of forest dumped away a few meter from industrual ground that is half under decay covered in moss and fungus and with a few sad looking fallen trees from lack of vigor. Where no humans seem to tread where it not for the empty beer cans you find. While under the influence of 1plsd felt 'in-tune' enough to try and talk to nature. And walk through the forest in motion with some form of communication. I feel a certain anger and sadness in this communication. And I'm told to 'Go away' as if to say 'leave, human, you have done enough harm'. That's how it felt. As this was 'said' I found my feet being grasped and stuck in some kind of thorny vine-collection as if being harmed and physically threatened. And it occured to me now this might just actually be representive of how the 'area' feels for itself. Neglected. And talks back in a violent manner by growing more harmful to it's -uhh-well assailant. I can't find the right words. And in this way it communicates physically and indeed I am communicating. And it does so also from mind to mind. There's this trick from Carlos Castaneda books I did which is to see it's essence and not it's physical and the world becomes dream-like in nature. I was a lot into castaneda at the time. But what struck me is that everytime I find myself in such a 'forest' I seem to bring back colored strings (hallucinated) that attach themselves on my hair. It feels like a web is touching my face. And they seem alive in themselves. Sorry if this deteres in any-way anyone from reacting to this thread naturally It's just something I find very peculiar. I haven't been to the jungle or anything. But if Q'nderos actually communicate with nature they must know something more about this.

archaic_revival_
#4 Posted : 3/16/2017 5:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle, I myself cannot relate to your experience; however, my friend experienced a similar communication while walking through a forested area that was contaminated with industrial waste.

As a result, we ended up removing the waste and cleaning up the area.

So do note that someone else has experienced something similar.

Complexity
#5 Posted : 3/16/2017 7:26:26 PM

Being & Becoming

"Materialists say that consciousness is a refined form of minerals, I say minerals are a simple form of consciousness" -Alan Watts
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

Infectedstyle
#6 Posted : 3/16/2017 7:37:34 PM

It's noted. That's very proactive of you guys. Actually, I pursue a career with environmental concern in mind as I believe the problem is so big that drastic changes need to occur before anything is actually healed.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 3/17/2017 1:10:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was initially searching for a transcription of the 1998 McKenna/sheldrake/Abraham trialogues where sheldrake discusses his views on the consciousness of stars and the sun...

I could not locate it, however, I did find some related sheldrake on the topic, and while I may not personally subscribe to these notions, it's an interesting exercise to contemplate them...regardless, I felt it related to the thread:

Quote:
For materialists, our consciousness is nothing other than the activity of our brains. From this point of view, since consciousness is confined to human brains ( and is perhaps present to a lesser degree in higher animals) then neither the Sun nor the stars, nor the Earth, nor anything within it except man and perhaps some animals can have consciousness. The Sun, Gaia and indeed the entire universe cannot be conscious because they do not have brains.
Most materialists suppose that the complex electromagnetic rhythms in our brains provide the interface between brain activity and consciousness. Could rhythmic patterns of electromagnetic activity likely be associated with the consciousness of the Sun? One of the starting points of our discussions was the recent discovery of the extraordinary dynamism of the Sun. The eleven year sun-spot cycles, linked to reversals of the magnetic polarity of the Sun are well known. But the sun has recently been found to reverberate, like a gong, to over a million pitches, each bouncing back and forth through the different layers of the interior of the Sun, with the resonance being determined by their pitch. As well as this extraordinarily complex spatio-temporal pattern of vibration, there are the oscillations, perturbations, and harmonics of the electromagnetic field associated with the phenomena on the surface of the Sun such as sun-spots. Magnetic storms on the sun are so intense that they can disrupt radio communications, cause homing pigeons to lose their way, and in other ways affect what happens on Earth.
A cosmologist at Queen Mary College, London (who prefers to remain anonymous) described some of the ways these investigations are being carried out through an international programme called SOHO (the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) with a special satellite positioned at the point of equal gravity between the Earth and the Sun and orbiting around the Sun together with the Earth, permitting continuous examinations and observations of the Sun’s activity. Meanwhile an earth-based network of observatories, GONG (the Global Oscillation Network Group), is also tracking the Sun’s vibratory activities 24 hours a day, overcoming the interruption of observations by nightfall by means of observatories at different longitudes.
Perhaps the Sun can think in a way barely imaginable to our more limited power of thinking, its thoughts interfacing with its ever changing patterns of vibratory activity. In this way, it is scientifically imaginable that the Sun could be conscious.
The scientists among us were more interested in such arguments than some of the other participants. Some, like esotericist and educator Ida Urso, said they had never doubted for a moment that the Sun was conscious. They thought of the whole universe as conscious; and if there is consciousness in everything, why not the Sun?
Inevitably, it was not long before we found ourselves discussing what was meant by consciousness. Christopher Clarke, a physicist, was opposed to any attempt to see consciousness as a kind of add-on extra, somehow fitted into a world of autonomous physical processes in autonomous space-time. Consciousness, in his view, is somehow fundamental or innate to physical processes and these processes are not separable from space-time itself. Space and time are not absolutes, as they were for Newton, but bound up with everything else, including consciousness.
-Rupert sheldrake

http://www.lifebridge.org/historySun.cfm

-eg

Infectedstyle
#8 Posted : 3/17/2017 1:48:59 PM

That's pretty amazing by Sheldrake. I'm reminded of Stuart Hameroff's work regarding Quantum processes ruling Electromagnetic vibrations in the brain. I'm perhaps wondering how this Quantum Mechanical framework would translate into the Sun's inner workings. Also, I think that EM is present in Biological lifeforms. in what way do Mountains etc. fungue the use of Electromagnetic 'Thought-waves' so to speak.

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 3/17/2017 2:47:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

archaic_revival_ wrote:
I've been working with the plant for about a year now, and have been learning a lot about Shamanism. Shamans believe that consciousness exists within everything including things like mountains, trees, rivers, rocks, etc (even chemical combinations like aya). The Q'ero in the Andes believe they can communicate with the mountains which they refer to as Apus.

I can accept that trees and plants have some sort of consciousness; however, the notion that mountains and lakes have their own consciousness is a challenge for me.

Anyway, my Shaman believes that she can communicate with trees. I live close to a lot of majestic Redwoods so I decided to give it a gander a couple of times but to no avail. I certainly feel "energy" (or negatively charged ions) when I'm out in the woods, but I never receive any kind of communication. Heck I even tried singing to a Redwood once but it didn't do any good.

So I'm curious...is this just some hippie BS? Or does anybody feel they can actually communicate with Nature the way the Q'ero do in Peru?

How do you define consciousness?

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 3/17/2017 2:53:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
That's pretty amazing by Sheldrake. I'm reminded of Stuart Hameroff's work regarding Quantum processes ruling Electromagnetic vibrations in the brain. I'm perhaps wondering how this Quantum Mechanical framework would translate into the Sun's inner workings. Also, I think that EM is present in Biological lifeforms. in what way do Mountains etc. fungue the use of Electromagnetic 'Thought-waves' so to speak.

I'm not familiar with Stuart Hameroff's work.

I enjoy sheldrake, it's not that I subscribe to his notions, but I enjoy entertaining them.

You are going to have to elaborate a little bit more here, because I am having trouble understanding exactly what you are getting at.

-eg

Infectedstyle
#11 Posted : 3/17/2017 4:52:22 PM

Like, I'm a free-thinker. Do you know who Stuart Hameroff is? He was mentioned on one of Stan Grof's earlier books. And he has some affliation with Mr. Deepak Chopra. I suspect that most of Chopra's fameous ravings are based upon his affiliation with Mr Hameroff and his Colleagues work.

And this is reaching into off-topic territory
Like, his suggestion complies with my experience on LSD. And it's based on transpersonal vision of consciousness bla bla bla. Basically he suggests that Microtubula (afaik, one of the smallest components in a cell or somthing) are responsible for emitting brainwave patterns across the brain and I think he suggested that this explains how waves synchronize across larger territories of the brain. Someone posted the latest article that I have read on the Nexus. You will find it or PM me for it. Oh and the most important part is that these are quantum vibrations that resonate into macro brainwaves. That is why Sheldrake's mentioning of oscillations obviously remind me of brainwave vibrations.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 3/17/2017 7:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman
#13 Posted : 3/17/2017 9:20:57 PM

You create your own reality

I have recently started to pay moar attention to nature around me, especially plants. Concurrent with this, and really because of it, they show up moar in my dreams, which is very interesting.

I like just looking at the local flora, admiring these plants. I especially like watching them sway in the breeze. When I see that, I imagine that the plants are just chill, just letting the breeze move them around. That's just how I like to think of it.Big grin

I definitely feel a deeper connection with nature than before. I've never had an experience of directly communicating with nature, though. I've tried to communicate with animals, to no effect.Laughing
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Infectedstyle
#14 Posted : 3/17/2017 10:14:48 PM

I had a minthe plant. When tripping I would just see leaves and I would hear voice saying 'I don't think I like this new place' .. 2 hour later I saved it from dying.

I still had this plant growing steadily but neglected it's roots. And I did not repot. It developed very thick white roots. It looked like a muscled guy on steroids. In fact, an angry muscled guy with veins popping. it looked threatening and it litterally scared me it took a few minutes and days even to really look at it fully. Perhaps I felt responsible for it's neglect or perhaps I felt an anger in it's growth.

This same plant (we have history) , while repotting I had to use a knife to cut upen the plastic pot because it's roots where holding on the pot so thightly. I was chatting with a friend and leisurely struck my knife (and therefore cut right through all of it's roots) in the pot and suddenly had to stop all conversation because I felt a striking pain in my heart. As like a knife cut into it. Then I said to her I feel this plant's heart. She complied silently. And I let out the knife and the pain stopped. It was amazing. I think I was lingering on mushroom microdose effect.

JustAnotherHuman
#15 Posted : 3/18/2017 2:01:30 AM

You create your own reality

Infectedstyle wrote:
I had a minthe plant. When tripping I would just see leaves and I would hear voice saying 'I don't think I like this new place' .. 2 hour later I saved it from dying.

I still had this plant growing steadily but neglected it's roots. And I did not repot. It developed very thick white roots. It looked like a muscled guy on steroids. In fact, an angry muscled guy with veins popping. it looked threatening and it litterally scared me it took a few minutes and days even to really look at it fully. Perhaps I felt responsible for it's neglect or perhaps I felt an anger in it's growth.

This same plant (we have history) , while repotting I had to use a knife to cut upen the plastic pot because it's roots where holding on the pot so thightly. I was chatting with a friend and leisurely struck my knife (and therefore cut right through all of it's roots) in the pot and suddenly had to stop all conversation because I felt a striking pain in my heart. As like a knife cut into it. Then I said to her I feel this plant's heart. She complied silently. And I let out the knife and the pain stopped. It was amazing. I think I was lingering on mushroom microdose effect.

That's so crazy dude! Especially that second experience you had. You literally felt the plant's pain!
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Infectedstyle
#16 Posted : 3/18/2017 1:28:23 PM

Ye

entheogenic-gnosis
#17 Posted : 3/18/2017 2:05:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:

I'll admit that I don't know enough about this topic to say anything one way or the other, and until I fully understand these concepts in their entirety, I can't subscribe to them.

-eg