We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Sooo disappointed... DMT wont work anymore... Options

Noxulifer
#1 Posted : 3/15/2017 10:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have smoked quite a lot of DMT in my time, but not excessive. I always wait a month or a couple of weeks in between sessions.
Lately I have had a hard time breaking through, and now I can't even get any effect.
I know it's not my technique, I broke through almost every single time before.
I know it's not the spice, my friend got a couple of outstanding trips from it. I was helping him lighting the pipe, but when it was my turn, nothing...
And the spice have been extracted by me, I've done it many times.

Anyone have experience with this? Is DMT finished for me, or will it work again in the future?
How common is this?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

InAwe
#2 Posted : 3/15/2017 11:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting. The commonly accepted idea is that DMT creates no long-term neurochemical tolerance. But I've read several reports that are just like yours.
One thing I've also heard is that you can be "shut out." By whom or what, I have no idea. This isn't a very scientific explanation, but there may be some validity to it.

Perhaps it comes down to individual neurochemical makeup. I'm sorry you aren't having any luck.

Have you started taking any medications recently?

Also, are you sure your method is effective? Anytime spice is burned it is far less effective. Have you tried a glass vaporgenie?
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

DansMaTete
#3 Posted : 3/16/2017 12:10:01 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

It happens.

It happened to me.

I tried again few times from time to time (weeks or month), didn't work so i converted all my DMT freebase to fumarate for long term storage in hope it will work later. Much later.

I can't tell why or how it happened, if it will change or if you're in the same case.

Just my 2 cents.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 3/16/2017 12:21:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if this is just a thing for pure DMT, or if it happens in combination with Harmalas as well. I haven't heard of this happening for people taking it orally, as a far as i know it only seems to be from vaped pure DMT. Maybe Changa or oral Aya/Pharma would be worth looking into?

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 3/16/2017 12:34:39 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

IME, Changa was the same. I can't tell about oral.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

InAwe
#6 Posted : 3/16/2017 1:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's counterintuitive that a tolerance could be built even if DMT is smoked as seldomly as once or twice per month. Yet, on this post alone there are two people that it happened to.
It's kind of worrisome for me. I'd like to be able to voyage once a month without any diminishing returns. There must be some research, or even anecdotal evidence of why this happens to some people.
Strange stuff.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

Loveall
#7 Posted : 3/16/2017 4:34:15 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

DansMaTet/Noxulifer, since DMT is an endogen which may serve a biological purpose, Have you noticed any changes since becoming "desensitized"? If you have a common observation, it may provide a clue as to what endogenous DMT's natural function is. Also, if that function returns (e.g. dreaming in color - Idk) it may be a sign you can enjoy nature's gift again.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Asher7
#8 Posted : 3/17/2017 3:36:34 AM

Professional Tracker

Is it considered strange to dream in color?

Loveall
#9 Posted : 3/17/2017 4:26:45 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I don't think dreaming in color is strange, that was just a lame example on my part.

I'm trying to ask if they noticed any changes in their ordinary life after becoming desensitized to plant DMT, since they may have become desensitized to endogenous (ordinary) DMT at the same time. If yes and their changes match then that may be a clue as to why we have endogenous DMT to begin with (what is its function).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

anon_003
#10 Posted : 3/17/2017 6:52:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Jees
#11 Posted : 3/17/2017 8:05:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anon_003 wrote:
... give it a nice, long break. It's not going anywhere...
I've read that this approach is successful in cases, but then again for some it did not work out that way.
See --> Full 100% DMT perma tolerance
In post #9 of that there are more relevant links.

Noxulifer
#12 Posted : 3/17/2017 3:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, thanks for your replies!
Yesterday I tried again and it worked fine, I smoked about 40mg and used the sandwitch method in a glass bong as always. This time I was extra extra careful with the flame, I mean, I have never been so careful. No breakthrough though, but I didn't expect that from that dosage, even if it is enough with 30mg sometimes.
I would say, from the last 15 sessions only 3-4 worked as they should.
I have become better and better at achieving pure DMT, very bright in colour, almost pure white, but not quite. Perhaps this is more sensitive to burning and my method of smoking needs to be refined?
Before, the DMT always turned out more yellow, perhaps that is not as prone to being burned and destroyed?
That wouldn't explain the Changa not working though, but I got that from another guy, which may have done an inferior product? Maybe the DMT was unevenly spread in the Changa?
I always make my own DMT, but I got some Changa to try from him.
Or, as some say here, we know so little about DMT, perhaps it happens that it just passes through our system without affecting us sometimes?
I know this can happen with Cannabis, even though it's rare. It can also happen with steroids sometimes. The human body and brain is very complex biological/chemical systems.
I just got so afraid I would never be able to enter hyperspace again, and even worse, not be able to break through again.
I have experienced such incredible things, seen such beautiful thingsLove , and terrifying thingsTwisted Evil . I have a lifetime of exploring to do! and beyond life if the things I have seen are real Wink
I will come back and report after I have done a few more sessions!
Have a nice weekend!Thumbs up

ymer
#13 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:18:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try smoking a good amount of harmalas until you are feeling the harmala effects (sedation, slight tracers) and then smoke your DMT-

null24
#14 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
Before, the DMT always turned out more yellow, perhaps that is not as prone to being burned and destroyed?
That wouldn't explain the Changa not working though, but I got that from another guy, which may have done an inferior product? Maybe the DMT was unevenly spread in the Changa?
I always make my own DMT, but I got some Changa to try from him.

My intuition tells me youre onto something with these lines of reasoning...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#15 Posted : 3/21/2017 4:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like it was a mixture of the type of product and the method of intake. I was overjoyed when I got towards the bottom and heard that it still worked for you. As unscientific as this opinion might be, I do feel that there does seem to be some type of facilitation by an unknown moderator of these experiences, and have heard of others not being able to feel any effects for a while...
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#16 Posted : 3/21/2017 5:43:06 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

I have trouble breaking through as well.
Here's a funny idea.
It seems that DMT takes us, and not vice versa...
Maybe we are only permitted into these spaces when the conditions are absolutely perfect.
Perhaps there are things you need to work on before "they" let you back in?
Maybe try a dose of Ayahuasca to reset the mind-body-spirit system?
I think it's important to remember the shamanic approach to using these tools.
We are infants trying to explain these phenomena by slapping scientific language on it.
Sometimes it just doesn't stick.
Stranger things have happened. Smile
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

Jees
#17 Posted : 3/21/2017 9:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
...the shamanic approach...
I think you mean well but there are a lot of shamanic approaches out there and not in line with each other. It has became such a loaded word with different strokes in it, not all of them suited to everyone. Diversity in life ...

Asher7
#18 Posted : 3/21/2017 9:54:38 PM

Professional Tracker

Op I've experienced the same thing with salvia. On the complex side, there is a chance you're tapping into some other lifeform. So they have to want to play as well.

On a more 'earthly' level, salvia and things like it purify. They clean you up, so if you're not "dirty" then not much change is seen. Some time spent in the world is guaranteed to get you dirty. The revelation is the same, so if you're too close, you don't see much difference. When you're really far from the revelation, you see your most profound "images".

Add to that, dealing with these things is a process. You will never go back to before you saw the first message, so in that sense there is a shelf life. You may still get messages or glimpses, but they won't be the same. It's the very nature of conversation. There is a progression and then a silence when both parties see eye to eye.

Voidmatrix
#19 Posted : 3/25/2017 11:54:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
the shamanic approach

I don't necessarily disagree, but would like a little clarification. When you say that do you in a more phenomenological sense? Seeing as shamanic has become a broad and far reaching word.
One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Skylight
#20 Posted : 3/25/2017 4:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has happened to me also.

Broke through quite regularly over the course of 6 months or so, then had a few sessions where I would get nothing, to sometimes like a very light threshold hit off a sizable dose. I took a break for about a month and spent a lot of time meditating and facilitating for others.

Currently, I have no problem breaking through. Not quite sure what it was, as my spice works for everyone, technique is down pat. It seems more clear to me that DMT can absolutely choose to shut you out. Just me very humble 2 cents. Smile
Skylight is a fictional character. Anything said by Skylight is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

123NEXT