We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Noopept and Psilocybin. Your Experiences! Options

Anamnesia
#1 Posted : 3/10/2017 9:02:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. This forum is going to be about your experiences of the combination of noopept with psilocybin mushrooms. This is not limited to taking them literally at the same time. I take Qualia (which contains noopept) twice a day. And I'm wondering what it might be like to take mushrooms in the evening about 6 hours after last dose of Qualia.

I take only a third of the recommended serving twice a day which has 10 mg of noopept in it. I'm going to be launching myself to the other end of the cosmos in a few days with 5 grams of dried penis envy mushrooms. I'm going to take a couple days off Qualia (and hence noopept) before I proceed of course. However I am interested in any Nexus member's experience with the combination of noopept and mushrooms.

If you take a look online and read up on this you find that noopept apparently exponentially increases the efficacy of psilocybin. I found one trip report about a person who went to the emergency room because he thought "he'd done it this time" and thought his brain was frying. Of course, by the description of his experience, I doubtlessly have experienced no less than what all of us refer to as hyperspace. For him it was just too much to handle. I have a feeling noopept is merely like a lubricant for the brain. Add psilocybin to the mix and suddenly you have an engine capable of downloading the hyperspace of hyperspace or something. That doesn't mean noopept is toxic. It means that we may have discovered very powerful ways to optimize our brains for these psychedelic experiences. In a nutshell, it seems to me noopept lubricates the transmission of glutamate (the brain's primary excitatory neurotransmitter) at the same time it exhibits anti-glutamatergic-excitotoxic effects. It's a neuroprotectant.

Noopept is accumulating tremendous positive research behind it. Here are some of the things we know of its pharmacology:

Noopept is a potent receptor site modulator and nootropic. Studies indicate its ability to increase memory and attention span, reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms, and exhibit neuroprotective qualities.

Scientific Name: N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester

Mechanisms:

Racetam like properties (NDMA receptor modulator) and Ampakine like properties (AMPA glutamate
receptor modulator)[1]

In the vicinity of 1,000 times the potency of piracetam[2]

Upregulates neurotrophin factors NGF and BDNF involved in neurogenesis and long term memory[3]

Acetylcholine and glutamate sensitizing effect[4,5]
Modulates EEG patterns in ways considered positive for calm alertness[1]

Neuroprotective effects from oxidative stress and glutamate excitotoxicity[6]

Anxiolytic effect – may be due to hippocampal regulation[7]

Cycloprolylglycine precursor – an endogenous anxiolytic neuropeptide[8]

References

[1] Vorobyov V, et al (2011). Effects of nootropics on the EEG in conscious rats and their modification by glutamatergic inhibitors. Brain Res Bull, 85(3-4):123-32. doi: 10.1016/j.brainresbull.2011.02.011

[2] Solntseva EI et al (1997). The effects of piracetam and its novel peptide analogue GVS-111 on neuronal voltage-gated calcium and potassium channels. Gen Pharmacol, 29(1):85-9. doi: 10.1016/S0306-3623(96)00529-0

[3] Ostrovskaya RU et al (200Cool. Noopept stimulates the expression of NGF and BDNF in rat hippocampus. Bull Exp Biol Med, 146(3):334-7. doi: 10.1007/s10517-008-0297

[4] Firstova IuIu, et al (2011). Studying specific effects of nootropic drugs on glutamate receptors in the rat brain. Eksp Klin Farmakol, 74(1):6-10. PMID: 21476267

[5] Ostrovskaia RU, et al (2001). Behavioral and electrophysiological analysis of the choline-positive effect of nootropic dipeptide acylproline (GVS-111). Eksp Klin Farmakol, 64(2):11-4. PMID: 11548439

[6] Andreeva NA, et al (2000). Neuroprotective properties of nootropic dipeptide GVS-111 in in vitro oxygen-glucose deprivation, glutamate toxicity and oxidative stress. Bull Exp Biol Med, 130(10):969-72. doi: 10.1023/2FA.3A1002828707337

[7] Kondratenko RV, et al (2010). Novel nootropic dipeptide Noopept increases inhibitory synaptic transmission in CA1 pyramidal cells. Neurosci Lett, 476(2):70-3. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2010.04.005

[8] Gudasheva TA et al (1997). The major metabolite of dipeptide piracetam analogue GVS-111 in rat brain and its similarity to endogenous neuropeptide cyclo-L-prolylglycine. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet, 22(3):245-52. doi: 10.1007/2FBF03189814

I think it's possible to go much further than we ever have on psychedelics if we have optimized brains. 5 grams for one brain may be equal in amplitude of effects to 3 grams on another brain that has been tactfully modified and optimized by nootropics, adaptogens, neuro-vitamins, and neuro-anti-inflammatory compounds.

What do you think?

Here is the link to what I'm taking: http://neurohacker.com/formulation/ . It's called Qualia, a philosophy of mind term referring to the totality of our subjective experience.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Coja
#2 Posted : 10/31/2017 2:35:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IME piracetam does provide a distinct boost and ads more clarity to the visuals of mushrooms, wouldn't be at all surprised if noopept does the same when combined (like the piracetam) with a choline supplement. I've got an old erowid report online about mushroom combos that includes my summary on the piracetam/mushroom combo.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 10/31/2017 7:38:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Anxiolytic effect – may be due to hippocampal regulation[7]

For me it was anxiogenic if anything and would not take it with mushrooms. I also can't imagine piracetam working out too well due to its stimulatory effect. But some swear by drinking coffee with mushrooms. Goes to show that there are no cookie cutter reactions when it comes to psychoactives. But interesting thread Smile