We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT breath? Options

ys
#1 Posted : 3/8/2017 5:29:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So for all the years I've been familiar with DMT, I would notice that sometimes I experience the taste of my own mouth tasting a fat rip of DMT. Also experienced smoking ganja and having a hit taste like DMT. So I haven't smoked DMT in a long time, and, this has happened before, but I woke up this morning, and my morning breath tasted like DMT. This could be explained from many angles, but I recently read that during fasting, after a certain point, toxins are not only removed from the digestive tract, but also the lungs. I have smoked a fuckload of spice in my days...perhaps my lungs have remnants of DMT-resin which when on a brief fast, between sleep/wake, gets ejected and leaves me with this DMT breath?

Thoughts? lol

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pitubo
#2 Posted : 3/8/2017 6:28:07 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Decay of tryptophan containing proteins, yielding various indole related molecules. Some of these may have a smell resembling that of some of the pyrolysis products of dmt that result from many methods of smoking dmt.

Infectedstyle
#3 Posted : 3/8/2017 6:54:21 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

But would not that mean that everyone experience DMT breath. Do you think OP's suggestion makes more sense considering the populace that smoked DMT report the experience much more. I haven't experienced the DMT breathe atleast before doing it a few times.

pitubo
#4 Posted : 3/8/2017 7:27:21 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Most people would not be sensitivized to it. Because the dmt experience is so overwhelming, the associated smells are powerful triggers. After my first dmt vapes, I would smell dmt in many places where I had not previously noticed it. Along with the smell come emotional triggers bringing the intensity of the experiences back to acute awareness

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 3/8/2017 7:27:43 PM

Come what may

When I bought my Jeep I started seeing Jeeps everywhere I went.

Pink elephants are all the rage nowadays!

I think it all in the mind.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

ys
#6 Posted : 3/8/2017 7:52:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Most people would not be sensitivized to it. Because the dmt experience is so overwhelming, the associated smells are powerful triggers. After my first dmt vapes, I would smell dmt in many places where I had not previously noticed it. Along with the smell come emotional triggers bringing the intensity of the experiences back to acute awareness

This

Ulim
#7 Posted : 3/8/2017 9:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ys wrote:
pitubo wrote:

This

Exactly this. Normally decomposition of tryptophane is combined with more decomposition products.
But most dmt is so pure that its decomposition products always stay the same.
With the effects of the trip the smell burns into your brain and then you can smell the indole decomposition in everything.

tseuq
#8 Posted : 3/9/2017 11:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
After my first dmt vapes, I would smell dmt in many places where I had not previously noticed it. Along with the smell come emotional triggers bringing the intensity of the experiences back to acute awareness

pitubo wrote:
Decay of tryptophan containing proteins, yielding various indole related molecules. Some of these may have a smell resembling that of some of the pyrolysis products of dmt that result from many methods of smoking dmt.

Ulim wrote:
With the effects of the trip the smell burns into your brain and then you can smell the indole decomposition in everything.

Interesting topic. I am recognizing a dmt fragrance on a regular base, which occurs independently of the situation I find myself in and which source I located as myself. I thought it might come from deposits, which are left by the vape/smoke, in my lungs. Laughing

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Infectedstyle
#9 Posted : 3/9/2017 2:21:10 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

You definetely develop an hyper-acute awareness when it comes to DMT-related triggers. I think because of the intensity of the experience. For me it was chicken that did it. I once baked a chicken on a plate I used for freeze precipitation and forgot to clean correctly. Since then everytime I eat chicken it reminds me of DMT. Very happy

Mustelid
#10 Posted : 3/10/2017 8:56:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a few years of not doing DMT, I still smell DMT randomly. I joked to myself that a nearby hyperspace gnome must have just farted.

teotenakeltje
#11 Posted : 3/10/2017 1:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had some cannabis strains that totally smelled like DMT when stem-rubbed. Smile
Once they flower the smell changes though.

anon_003
#12 Posted : 3/10/2017 7:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.