We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Plants appearing in dreams Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 3/4/2017 8:31:02 AM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

Sorry in advance for the length of this post.Embarrased I have a lot to talk about.

Something pretty cool has been happening to me lately. I recently have been getting into plants, researching cool stuff about them, just becoming moar in tune with them. I started really trying to take in the local flora, trying to notice individual plants, and this is what I continue to do. Whenever I'm out and about, I try to really take in the local plant life.

As I've been doing this, I've noticed that plants are appearing moar and moar in my dreams. Usually they're in the background, but sometimes they take centre stage.

I remember this one time, before I got into all this, I had a dream where I was outside in an open space, at night, there were stars in the sky, and I saw this tall Christmas tree shaped plant with a large pink flower at it's tip reach down and touch me in my forehead. I didn't see it actually touch my forehead, I just saw it sort of touch the centre of my FOV. If that makes sense.Laughing Anyway, that was pretty crazy, I didn't think too much of it though.

Then I started having all these plant-related dreams. Like I said earlier, most of the time they would just be in the background.

Other times though, things would be a little different.Very happy I remember this one dream I had, I was in my city, there were buildings all around, and I saw these two tall plants, tall as the buildings, and they would twist tightly around each other, and then untwist, and then twist again. They did this repeatedly. Wrapping around each other.

Another time, I had became lucid in a dream and started flying. I flew into a university campus in a park-like area where there were many trees. I flew in between the branches of one tree(that was pretty cool BTWCool) then came out and carried on flying. I then flew over another tree. I saw this tree moving wildly. It was bending at the trunk near the base of the trunk and swinging wildly.

What do you guys think of all this?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

lysurgeon
#2 Posted : 3/7/2017 9:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also been visited by plants in my dreams. At the time it felt significant. Now, I do not think so. It seemed like the plants, in my case Syrian Rue, Mimosa Hostilis, and Ayahuasca, were using my dream state to send me messages, but after awhile I realized it was always the same message - not the messages you get while tripping, but the messages you get from any old dream character. Nothing more than what I already had going on in my head, only presented to me in the form of a play. The plants were trying to get me to consume them.

I did feel nice having been spoken to by these sentient plants who usually require a much more difficult experience (tripping) to get through, and in retrospect I feel sometimes when we get nice tingley warm feelings as a result of a dream scenario we like to adorn that feeling with significance but really the source of the significance is a desire for everything to make sense. Unfortunately, everything does not make sense, and dreams are just what happens when you are asleep, which by definition means your information is coming from you.

In the school of thought pertaining to dream analysis, the most likely solution is that you are thinking about the plants, then you go to sleep, and... "In mother Russia, plants think about you!"

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 3/7/2017 9:52:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I dream about bizarre plants quite often, mushrooms as well, sometimes I will be collecting and eating neon pink and purple spotted mushrooms, or various other plants of the imagination

Have you ever looked at the voynich manuscript? It's an early 15th century manuscript, it's written in an unreadable and unknown language and depicts many bizarre plants which appear to be purely imaginary...

The manuscript was once in the possession of the alchemical emperor Rudolph the 2nd of Prague, and may have some connection to John Dee and Edward Kelley, regardless, it's a fascinating and mysterious item with a rich history...

I have tried to match up voynich plants with real plants, I found one that resembles desmanthus leptolobus and one that resembles Catha edulis...
(Pictured below)

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
manuscrito115.jpg (258kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Forb261-4.jpg (33kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Dl_FL-1.jpg (30kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
manuscrito049.jpg (196kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
Catha edulis 3.JPG (62kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

JustAnotherHuman
#4 Posted : 3/8/2017 12:40:53 PM

I have the same feeling as you about these things lysurgeon. I know people like to try and interpret their dreams and try to draw conclusions from them, and I considered doing that for a short time, but, I don't know, my dreams are just way too weird. I just think it's my subconscious at work.
Quote:
In the school of thought pertaining to dream analysis, the most likely solution is that you are thinking about the plants, then you go to sleep, and... "In mother Russia, plants think about you!"

I agree with this.

Whenever I have these "plant dreams" , the plants always look distorted somehow. Like, they'll look like plants in my local area, but much taller than they should be, or they look different than how they look in real life. The weirdness of dreams.Laughing

Also, I never get any communication or messages from these plants, no real interaction. I just see them. This is still fascinating though.

eg, I also have been seeing mushrooms in my dreams also. This has only been happening recently. I had a dream where I saw what looked like a fruiting cake with mushrooms on it. This thing looked huge though, and it was off into the distance. It also had lots of lights in it, almost like how a city looks like at night. The "caps" of the mushrooms were dark brown, and the mycelium itself was like an off-white colour.

Another time, in a dream, I was in a car moving along, and I was looking at the side of a hill, and on this hillside were lots and lots of oyster mushrooms. That was pretty interesting.Big grin

JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 3/8/2017 2:29:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman wrote:
I have the same feeling as you about these things lysurgeon. I know people like to try and interpret their dreams and try to draw conclusions from them, and I considered doing that for a short time, but, I don't know, my dreams are just way too weird. I just think it's my subconscious at work.
Quote:

I agree with this.

Whenever I have these "plant dreams" , the plants always look distorted somehow. Like, they'll look like plants in my local area, but much taller than they should be, or they look different than how they look in real life. The weirdness of dreams.Laughing

Also, I never get any communication or messages from these plants, no real interaction. I just see them. This is still fascinating though.

eg, I also have been seeing mushrooms in my dreams also. This has only been happening recently. I had a dream where I saw what looked like a fruiting cake with mushrooms on it. This thing looked huge though, and it was off into the distance. It also had lots of lights in it, almost like how a city looks like at night. The "caps" of the mushrooms were dark brown, and the mycelium itself was like an off-white colour.

Another time, in a dream, I was in a car moving along, and I was looking at the side of a hill, and on this hillside were lots and lots of oyster mushrooms. That was pretty interesting.Big grin

In a dream, I was collecting and consuming mushrooms, and while these were like no mushroom I had ever seen in reality, in my dream, I was certain as to what they were. I collected and consumed many of these strange brightly colored mushrooms, and began to experience a hallucinatory state (still in my dream), it was very similar to psilocybin in waking life (subconscious recall?) It was the same conscious state, and was visually familiar in the way objects would stretch and bend and breathe, the same visual fractal and geometric patterns were present as we're the same colors, tints and textures of an actual psilocybin experience...I remember looking at the stars (still in my dream), and being in awe, hallucinating heavily as I stared at the night sky...
Then (in real life) I wake up, I smoke a cigarette and some cannabis, and return to sleep.
Then, In the very next dream, I am on the ledge of a building with some friends, describing the mushroom experience as if it had just really happened. It was a strange instance of my dreams colliding with one another, something happened in one dream, then after waking and returning to sleep it was described to others in the next dream...

-eg

JustAnotherHuman
#6 Posted : 3/8/2017 8:43:39 PM

That's fascinating eg!

Here's some moar "plant dreams" I had:

I was dreaming, and I ended up, in the dream, staring at what I knew in the dream as a palm tree. I could only see the trunk though. It was dark brown. I remember staring at this tree. This tree had bricks inlaid into it at intervals along the trunk. Sorry I can't describe it any better. That was very weird.Laughing

In another dream, I was dreaming, and I became lucid and the scenery of the dream changed. It changed to a black background with dark purple blobs all over my FOV. Then I saw this plant in front of me. It was shaped like an upside down triangle, small at the bottom and getting bigger at the top. It was a bushy plant. The leaves looked something like this:

Try to imagine those leaves, but a bit wider and a bit shorter. The leaves were green in the middle and yellow around the edges. All the leaves were like that. The plant also emmited light, it was luminous. This image was very vivid.

In yet another dream, I also became lucid and ended up in a garden with many trees and plants around. I just walked around, marveling at the tall trees. I remember walking under this one tree and looking up at it, and it had this ball shaped, teal coloured, big jewel hanging from it. Then I came up close to this other plant. This plant had this small lavender coloured ball on a calyx. It looked hairy, and I decided to hold it. I took it in my hand, and rolled it around with my fingers and it felt hairy. I thought that was very interesting when I woke up.

I think next time I have a plant appear in a dream, I'm gonna try and talk to it and see what happens.Big grin

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/8/2017 9:08:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have often dreamt of mushrooms. On awakening I then have to carefully think about what time of year it is before deciding to go out on a foray! I almost exclusively dream of liberty caps - or at least an obvious dream distortion thereof - for some reason Big grin

Yet, while I love plants and am fascinated by them, I really struggle to recall any specific instances of plants being involved in my dreams beyond being features of the landscape. There was one instance where I dreamt that I was dead and existing as an earth-bound incorporeal spirit. Desperate to communicate with my still-living friends, I caused a fir tree outside to topple over then right itself again.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Koornut
#8 Posted : 3/8/2017 11:36:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember after reading the day of the triffids as a kid I had nightmares about man-eating plants for a month.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow