We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interesting study on hypnosis induced OBE's Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 3/3/2017 11:40:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting study here I found recently, looking at hypnosis induced OBE's, I thought may be of interest to some. A very small sample size, but what makes this refreshing and novel is the use of hypnosis to induce OBE's in people, who were then interviewed to gain first-hand information on the experience as it occurs. Hypnosis it seems could be a valuable tool for both inducing and studying OBE's. Study paper is attached.

Study:

Tressoldi, P.E., Pederzoli, L., Caini, P., Ferrini, A. Melloni, S., Prati, E., Richeldi, D., Richeldi, F. & Trabucco, A. (2015) Hypnotically Induced Out-of-Body Experience. SAGE Open, 5, 4.

http://journals.sagepub....10.1177/2158244015615919

Abstract

The possibility to induce real out-of-body experiences (OBEs) using hypnotic inductions, with the opportunity to interview participants during their experience, permits to investigate in depth the characteristics of different aspects of this particular state of consciousness from a first-person point of view. In this article, six selected participants report the description of another “body” we named “subtle body,” identified as an intermediate entity between the physical body (Pb) and their “Self” or “I-identity” that was named “psychic body,” and their relationships and characteristics. The “subtle body” was described as a sort of white silvered cloud surrounding the Pb, with a particular enlargement of its hands and feet that could move quickly like flying from one place to another even if less easily than the “psychic body,” and a vague sense of attrition was perceived when passing through walls. Similar to the “psychic body,” the “subtle” one too could move forward and backward in time even if they did not seem perceiving the sense of time. The “subtle body” was referred to be connected with the physical one by a sort of white brilliant link sometimes described like a silvered string more or less visible, whereas no visible links were identified between the “subtle body” and the “psychic” one. These reports were compared with similar descriptions deriving from the Vedanta philosophy and Theosophical tradition.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

JustAnotherHuman
#2 Posted : 3/3/2017 11:57:40 AM

You create your own reality

This is very interesting stuff Bancopuma!

It's very nice to see science taking a legit stab at this kind of stuff. This is the kind of research that needs to be done, IMO.

This sounds like classic astral projection, what these people are talking about. All the phenomena are there.

Fascinating!
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Limbol
#3 Posted : 3/25/2017 11:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great read, thanks for sharing.

As I read thru they reference similarities in philosophies (in this case - the Vedanta philosophy and Western Occultism and Oriental Philosophy).

Interesting to note that the “bodies” can also be found in shaman tradition of the Andes. As an example (from the work of Alberto Villoldo) – Alberto writes about how the shaman (or any human) can travel in time using this “rope/line”. In this study this is explained as a and I quote “ defined as a barely visible silvery string ”. Interesting coincidence.

In the shaman tradition of the Andes (as once again described by A.Villoldo – whom I use as reference to this) The shaman says you can travel 10,000 years into the future to see “who you will become”. This is a bit sci-fi at first thought but interesting that this study at least point to the idea of travel in space/time.

Anyway, could just be a hoax but interesting to think about.