We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
definition of breakthrough Options

0decibel
#1 Posted : 3/2/2017 8:31:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings beautiful people, I am not that new to forum, have read a lot, then decided to register, and read more. but haven't post anything yet.
My concern is if anyone defined what is dmt breakthrough?
Friend of mine smokes thru dab rig 40-80 mg and have been in a room for good 20-25 minutes (not sure exactly).
He experienced closed eyes visuals, met entities (friendly ones). And had a good time. But he is not sure if it was an actual breakthrough, because according to some youtube videos there are 3 stages of DMT experience: visuals, entering tunnel, going thru tunnel. So here's a thing - no tunnel have been seen as described.
Is he doing something wrong, (holding breath for at least 15 sec, not burning product) or that is a breakthrough? The reason behind it that my friend had a hard time getting any effects of DMT. First he tried smoking thru "oil burner" type of pipe, did not work well, very light effects. Then he sandwich it with weed, but did not like mixing two. Finally dab rig with quartz nail works great, but still has a feeling that there is a room for improvement.

Would be glad to hear your opinions and questions!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tseuq
#2 Posted : 3/2/2017 10:28:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, when breaking through, you literally leave this world and "pop through" something, maybe the modules of this reality, and enter this crazy and weird space, which you will definitely recognize as a breakthrough experience.

[edit: There are a few threads on the board related to the topics of "What is a breakthrough?" and "Having a hard time breaking through". >This< (DMT Trip Level by TGO with additions from other experienced psychonauts) can also be interesting for you.]

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

0decibel
#3 Posted : 3/2/2017 6:25:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh, thanks!

After this most my friend had an update: there was something deeper to go and he has gone thru it. Not sure why before has not, not sure what was wrong but I my opinion it is preparedness: feels like substance knows what to show and how deep to throw you. Definitely experienced "popping into something" - he saw those fluffy marshmallows popping thru little wholes. This was absolutely fantastic and nothing like he ever experienced with LSD.

Also If you could navigate me to a right forum section with discussion of smoking DMT during LSD trip, please.

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 3/2/2017 6:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the details of how you arrive/leave are not so important. When there is nothing left of consensus reality, you have broken through.

All the tunnels and sounds, etc. might have some overlap from person to person but are going to be very dependent on individual psyches. Even the details of "hyperspace" seem to be heavily influenced by set and setting. Hyperspace is an infinite and dynamic landscape.

0decibel
#5 Posted : 3/2/2017 7:01:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Totally agree!
He was listening shpongle on his deepest trip, may be that music guided thru.

Opiate
#6 Posted : 3/5/2017 12:00:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought I had broken through a few times.

Until I did for real.

I was floating around in my usual comfortable dmt space, and then suddenly BAM! Everything changed. I ceased to exist, and have no words to explain what happened next. I found comfort in insanity that night. It was uncomfortably comfortable...

Anyways, from what I've learned, if your not sure that you've broken through... You probably haven't. You'll know when you do. Smile

n0thing
#7 Posted : 3/6/2017 12:28:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind that you can burn spice if the dab rig is too hot. 40-80mg is a lot of spice! When you burn DMT, effects can be reduced and varied.

pitubo
#8 Posted : 3/6/2017 12:50:07 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Opiate wrote:
Anyways, from what I've learned, if your not sure that you've broken through... You probably haven't. You'll know when you do. Smile

^^^^