We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kash LSA Extraction dosage Options

Complexity
#1 Posted : 2/27/2017 8:09:27 PM

Being & Becoming

Hello, I have a little doubt regarding the doses suggested by kash here https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Advanced_LSA_Extraction

Threshold < 10 seeds worth
Light 10-19 seeds worth
Common 20-34 seeds worth
Strong 35-50 seeds worth
Heavy > 50 seeds worth

While erowid, for HBWR reports

Threshold 1 - 4
Light 3 - 6
Common 5 - 8
Strong 7 - 12
Heavy 12 +

Why so much difference? At first I thought Kash was referring to Morning Glory, but still the dosages are too much different from erowid's ones

Light 50 - 100 seeds
Common 100 - 250 seeds
Strong 250 - 400 seeds
Heavy 400 + seeds
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Uronam.345
#2 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:47:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LSA is not the only ergoline in the seeds, they are very complex and not much is understood about them. the cleaner the extract the more LSA you can handle, although the guy who made that tek and scale got his measurements from what he described as a hoffman experience (taking 50+ plus seeds) do yourself a favor and start light. 15 seeds from a different cruder extract tek wasn't too psychedelic or intense in my experience.

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 4/27/2017 10:16:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Isn't LSA quite sensitive to oxidation?
When I look at Kash's tek, there is a lot of fan evaporation 'til dry. Doesn't that make it very likely that quite some LSA will oxidize during the extraction process as you give it a huge reaction surface to moving air, making the yield smaller?
Just wondering?

There's also some dispute in the original thread if LSA FB is partly water soluble. If this is the case, this could also diminish the yield.

Actually I don't believe in this other ergolines theory as main explanation,as IMHO they should then be mostly extracted too. But I'm no chemist. So probably I'm wrong there. But I just cannot believe that that much of the trip is from non LSA compounds to justify these huge dosage differences.
OTOH the quality of the seeds used could also have played a huge role in this dosage scale.

Edit:
As I now learnt here (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=804256#post804256), LSA doesn't really seem to be the relevant substance.
Also that as it seems the relevant substance(s) seem quite sensitive. So IMHO it could well be that they get harmed a lot by this tek. I would wonder the results, if one would be doing this tek in an inert atmosphere and with vacuum drying.

I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Complexity
#4 Posted : 5/12/2017 6:22:38 PM

Being & Becoming

Thanks for the answers.

I indeed tried with an extract which should have equaled 16 seeds, more than a month ago.

After more than an hour I felt nothing except for a slight sedation, but it could have been easily a placebo.
So then I did a bong hit with weed. I never tried bong before and I smoke very rarely too, but after a while it started to be really psychedelic, to the point it was hard to tell whether my eyes were closed or open. I remember something like an orange beehive and some weird thought about rainbow-light circles and me as their oracle. I hold and broke the stem of a flower in my hands, and seeing it inside was like seeing some part of the creation long neglected.

But again, not sure if I was just damn high or if it was the ergolines - or a combo.

I'll try back in the future avoiding any other substance.
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla