We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Flu-like symptoms after dosing novel lysergamides? Options

nexalizer
#1 Posted : 2/27/2017 5:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I would have not bothered with writing this except for the following:

- I hardly get sick (once every few years).
- When I do get sick, it is mostly always mild and tends to go away pretty quickly.

Now, a couple of years ago I tried AL-LAD for the first time, and the next day I had flu-like symptoms. It went away after 2-3 days if memory serves me right.

Bear in mind that for unrelated reasons I hardly ever dose LSD-like things these days, so barring some 1P-LSD microdosing (3-5 times), that was that, until last Thursday.

I took ~15ug of ALD-52, and by the end of the experience had developed flu-like symptoms.
Actually it got bad enough that it was next to impossible to sleep that evening due to an extremely dry throat and enough pain swallowing to warrant opening the painkiller box.

I'm now on the 5th day and the flu-like symptoms are still going, not as strong, hopefully I'll be back to normal in another day or two.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? I'm really beginning to suspect there's some sort of immunosuppression happening with dem novel lysergamides.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cave paintings
#2 Posted : 2/27/2017 10:33:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"The results obtained so far suggest that LSD may interfere with the elements of the immune system by altering mainly the activity of lymphocytes in mammals. High doses of this substance may alleviate or inhibit adaptive autoimmune responses, while lower doses may positively influence the anti-viral or anti-cancer immunity through the modulation of NK cell activation. However, detailed analyses on the complex in vivo effects of LSD on immune functions are yet to be performed."

From Szabos review on psychedelics and immunomodulation

http://journal.frontiers...fimmu.2015.00358/full#h7
Living to Give

AwesomeUsername
#3 Posted : 2/28/2017 10:49:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried novel lysergamides but I've never felt any sort of ill effects as a result of LSD use and I've went pretty far out there too.

Aside from mildly elevated body temperature and heart rate, it feels very clean IME. It will interfere with sleep if you dose late, but that's about it.

It might be just you getting sick regardless of your drug use. Eventually everybody gets sick, even if it's rare that you do usually. Heck I haven't been sick since childhood or so, and last month I couldn't move or speak for a weak because of how ill I got.

If you notice that happens again, I suggest that you discontinue your use. No drug is worth your getting sick for. If you happen to want to re-visit to those states you can always go back to plain good old LSD-25 I imagine it's better anyways.

Get well soon.