We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Auditory hallucinations while falling asleep Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 2/21/2017 1:40:35 AM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

I sometimes experience auditory hallucinations as I transition into sleep. These are usually random utterances or vocalisations or just random noises.

They often happen suddenly, I'll be falling asleep, then all of a sudden I'll "hear" a voice saying something or a noise of some sort.

This has been happening to me a lot lately.

I remember one time, I was in my bed, in that state in between waking and sleep, and suddenly, I heard this loud crack. It was very intense, and I was scared for a moment afterwards.

Have any of you experienced something similar? What are your thoughts on this?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 2/21/2017 10:04:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not really. But sometimes when im already half asleep i wake up in a jolt because of a lound noise that isnt really there.

Sakkadelic
#3 Posted : 2/21/2017 10:38:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I experience this regularly
Random words in voices of people i know
The brain doesn't work in the linear logic we know in how it stores memories and access them, i feel that these voices are me picking up a bit of the info that my brain is processing subconsciously..
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

exquisitus
#4 Posted : 2/21/2017 3:42:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

this is a very well lnown phenomenon. and pretty entertaining when i get it, which sadly is not often.
this is classic hypnagogia.
enjoy.