We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mental breakdowns from dmt. Options

Asher7
#1 Posted : 2/15/2017 2:30:14 AM

Professional Tracker

Have there been reports of mental breakdowns from dmt use? You seem to hear it a lot with mushrooms. I can't say I've read any reports of people having this happen with dmt.

Also, and this may sound strange but, have there been any reports of strange activity or happenings while working with it, non-ingestion related?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 2/15/2017 12:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of coarse there have been mental breakdowns from DMT, you don't just hear about it a lot since it isn't a popular street drug, where mushrooms, depending where you live and who you know can be.

Some have smoked it and haven't been able to get a good grip on reality for months. It is a very difficult experience to integrate and when it gets in the hand on someone who doesn't know what he/she's dealing with it can get ugly.

I've read countless reports of people freaking out and being scared shitless after smoking DMT claiming they will never do it again. Same thing goes with ayahuasca too, I actually personally know people who have done it just once and said they are never doing it again because it left them traumatized.

DMT is serious business, and sometimes it doesn't really matter how much psychedelic experience you've got beforehand, nothing can prepare you for a high dose of DMT. Nothing.

There are however people that can handle it, and those are the people that most commonly invest their time and effort in it to extract it, or to brew their own brews. A small percentage of people has the mental capacity to be able to appreciate this kind of experience.

Asher7
#3 Posted : 2/16/2017 4:20:56 AM

Professional Tracker

That's what I figured I just can't recall any reports going much past either being nervous about doing it again or just not liking it. Strange thing is I can't recall many salvia reports that go much past that either.

One thought I had was the apparent universal inability to remember what happened maybe playing a role in having people tend towards just being anxious or not liking it where if they could remember it all the traumatizing aspect would stick with them longer. This is in regards to smoking. With aya I could see the memories having a better chance of taking root.

Long story short I was wanting to read some of the "worse" accounts since I'm starting to take an active role in researching for myself. So far my research keeps getting put off until another day though. For some reason there's a nervousness there that I can't really put my finger on why it's there, it just is. I guess it's not exactly like testing a new bourbon though now is it.

AwesomeUsername
#4 Posted : 2/16/2017 9:16:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could view it as testing a new drug, I don't see why not. Just like any other, it can be done in low doses, moderate doses and high doses but to an inexperienced user it may be hard to gauge the dose.

As far as smoking it, to master the technique can be quite tricky so what could seem like threshold effects for the first time, with the same dose next time it could be a near breakthrough. Worth to note the near breakthrough is far more anxiety provoking than actually breaking through because the ego is a fighter and it doesn't let go just like that it goes kicking and screaming. When you do break through, you will not have fear because there really won't be a you to be scared.

As far as brews go, the potency can very even from the same batch so you never really know where you are going to end up with. I've had what was supposedly the same dose vary from a barely visual, slight mental trip to something I would dare to say was direct communication with the other side. There are so many variables on what could affect it, for example... How long did you fast? Did you prepare it right? Did the MAOI actually prevent the DMT from getting metabolized too soon or was it partly wasted? Etc.

If you do decide to indulge, here are some stuff that I wish I was told that nobody on the internet really talks about. Any of the classic psychedelics can "get you there", but better don't attempt this. If you have too, smoke DMT.

Let me explain...

Once you do a huge dose of a certain psychedelic, even though the onset might be fast it will take some time to get you there. In the meanwhile a lot of bad stuff CAN happen. It doesn't really matter where you are at what time because anyone could at any moment come across and react and than you won't be able to respond because you would be so obliterated out of your mind anyone would think something is way wrong with you and seek emergency help. You would be also stuck for a longer while in this egoless realm and once you return you would ask yourself, "How did I get here, what the fuck happened? Am I even awake or dreaming?". You really don't want to deal with that stuff while tripping your face off. Worst of all is that you practically would remember just bits of your experience, and if it was a bad one too you might convince yourself "If my brain could produce this experience, maybe the day to day life I experience afterwards is just a product of my imagination and not really happening".

That's so far I can tell you from my personal worse accounts with psychedelics in general, DMT/ayahuasca included...

Moral of the story...

What whatever you chose to indulge in re-search the crap out of it to avoid such scenarios. This can be prevented by using moderate to high dosages of psychedelics but never getting beyond the heavy territory, and if you really want to get as far away as possible you can always smoke DMT keeping in mind that the experience will be so intense you probably won't remember most of it but you'll experience what it's like to kill your ego.

Final Incarnate
#5 Posted : 2/17/2017 4:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Of coarse there have been mental breakdowns from DMT, you don't just hear about it a lot since it isn't a popular street drug, where mushrooms, depending where you live and who you know can be.

Some have smoked it and haven't been able to get a good grip on reality for months. It is a very difficult experience to integrate and when it gets in the hand on someone who doesn't know what he/she's dealing with it can get ugly.

I've read countless reports of people freaking out and being scared shitless after smoking DMT claiming they will never do it again. Same thing goes with ayahuasca too, I actually personally know people who have done it just once and said they are never doing it again because it left them traumatized.

DMT is serious business, and sometimes it doesn't really matter how much psychedelic experience you've got beforehand, nothing can prepare you for a high dose of DMT. Nothing.

There are however people that can handle it, and those are the people that most commonly invest their time and effort in it to extract it, or to brew their own brews. A small percentage of people has the mental capacity to be able to appreciate this kind of experience.

i dont really think its a capacity thing, i think its more less, if a 3 foot tall elf and his 10 foot friend knocked on your door to borrow a cup of sugar, would you beat them up or lend them the sugar? if the answer is lend them the sugar then your prolly gona have a good time .

If a 6 ft tall reptilian was riding his bike and was trying to cross the road, and waved to you and smiled, would u A run Her over, or wave back like u would to another human, if your answer is the latter youll prolly have good time.

DMT you meet elves, serpents Jesters etc all kinda of non human/primate gods. I think if you have the X file Capacity of WE are not alone is the key thing.

Maybe the whole intensity thing using Ape concepts, is really just Hyperspace Border patrol . even after a while its no longer intense then gets intense again well thats what you get for leaving your hyperspace visa n passport on earth .

none of this is dogma.

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story

#6 Posted : 2/17/2017 11:44:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Asher7 wrote:
Have there been reports of mental breakdowns from dmt use? You seem to hear it a lot with mushrooms. I can't say I've read any reports of people having this happen with dmt.

Sure, though nothing specific to DMT making it moreso an issue, versus any other potent psychedelic breakthrough. Mushrooms, LSD, any of these are sufficient in causing potential issues as any other. There's nothing that puts DMT a cut above everything else. They all have the potential to cause a person to not 'react so well'.

Asher7 wrote:

Also, and this may sound strange but, have there been any reports of strange activity or happenings while working with it, non-ingestion related?

Like after the experience is over and you're baseline? Like throughout day to day life? Sure, there's changes, perceptual, mental, though these changes vary person to person. There's really no hard-fast-set tenents as to what your life can/will be like after a powerful experience, mileage varies.

The rabbit hole is deeper than most wish to go [or possibly deeper than we could ever wish for].

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 2/21/2017 5:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are suffering any mental health issues sober then the likelihood is higher. PTSD etc... I have had some challenging experiences after 2 separate traumatic life events where i made a decision to travel in spite of where I was at. The intention I set around these events was part of my preparations going in though. The result was healing but it took a lot of integration work.

There are some members whose posts i read seem pretty far out there but generally speaking if you are taking care of yourself the probability of a mental break is low if you follow the more official guidelines here https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?