We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
socio-economic 'evolution'? Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 10/29/2009 2:30:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
endlessness wrote:
polytrip wrote:

And it's just a fact that people from the lower classes are more involved in crime. And this is true everywhere.

quite an affirmation you made there... care to back it up?

What kind of crimes are you talking about? And.. Are unlawful activities always a negative thing, and directly related to lack of 'spirituality' or 'conscience' or whatever?

and also, what about all the politicians and the higher classes tax evasions, drug use, bribing, etc etc etc? Its maybe just different problems but there surely are

I also disagree that children are born in a prison when born in slums, and I have worked with children from these places in Dreamland.. It is a very prejudiced notion, and there is PLENTY of examples of super successful initiatives and solutions to daily life a
it's just something like that childeren who get molested, are more likely to become child molesters themselves when they grow up.
That's not a judgement or prejudice towards these childeren, end self development that come from the slums, made by the people, as well as beautiful examples of humanity, of conscience, of fraternity and generosity. There are also many supergifted people.

On the other hand, kids born in higher classes can also both be helped in their development or trapped in their high tech shinning super-protective environment where maybe their abstraction functions are highly developed but when we talk about practical life, emotional stability, conscience and generosity, they are closer to beasts than to deserving humans.

It's easy to back this up. But i wasn't meanig this to be as rigid like the law of gravity.

The simplest way to back it up is to refer to the fact that in every western country, a majority in prison populations exist out of ethnic minorities. And since there is no ethnic, genetically inherited trait to crime and no judicial discrimination of ethnic groups, you would have to look at the social backgrounds of those inmates to explain their criminal activity's.

it's just something like that childeren who get molested, are more likely to become child molesters themselves when they grow up.
That's not a judgement or prejudice towards these childeren, everybody is unique and should be treated so.
But you cannot agree with child molestation either, even if the perpetraters where once victim's themselves.

Unlawfull things are not by definition bad. But when they involve violence, it's a different picture.

or maybe its just that richer people can pay better lawyers Pleased

or that the types of crimes and violence they are responsible are not usually punished, or maybe the police is more biased and tends to watch/check/punish the poor minorities, or whatever millions of other variables we can talk about here

As for your analogy, poverty is NOT the same as sexual abuse, that is a quite far comparison and doesnt work IMO for the purpouses that we are talking about here... One thing is the obvious negative character of someone that is molested in comparison with someone who isnt, and the psychogical trauma this causes (and even so, this is no life sentence)... Another completely different thing is lack of money compared with more money, both of which can be taken/interpreted/dealt with in a variety of ways and neither is, IMO, directly related with inner development..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#22 Posted : 10/29/2009 3:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"And it's just a fact that people from the lower classes are more involved in crime. And this is true everywhere."

Depends how you define crime..take a look at the economy and how alot of the money is made.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#23 Posted : 10/29/2009 3:40:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:
"And it's just a fact that people from the lower classes are more involved in crime. And this is true everywhere."

Depends how you define crime..take a look at the economy and how alot of the money is made.

haha, yes you're right.
These people are also imprisoned by their social-economic status.

Well, maybe i was wrong and it's more complicated.
Maybe many people are trapped inside their social classes. There has been a decrease of social mobility in many western countries in the past decade.

I often feel that some form of cosmopolitanism is just a form of upper-class chauvinism.

Marx was a good observer. Many political movements are class driven, anyway.
And although i don't believe in revolutions, i still worry about the stability of our society's.
I think that at least there is a decrease of solidarity between classes and ethnic groups. The unity of society everywhere, is being torn apart.

I can't help worrying about the future of western civilisation.

jamie
#24 Posted : 10/29/2009 3:48:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Oh I think we are all worried about the future of western civilization!
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#25 Posted : 10/29/2009 4:02:03 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

fractal enchantment wrote:

Exactly, to quote Immortal Technique "Poverty makes people do reckless things, but corporations do worse to protect their bling"

Can it really be called crime when Market Economies essentially dictate that a certain percentage of any given population must live below the poverty line as third world citizens so that the rest can enjoy their material goods?

I don't believe spirituality or enlightenment is restricted to upper class/wealthier individuals. While I can agree with the fact that one's need to fight for survival may afford an individual less time to pursue spiritual goals than someone who lives in relative comfort, I do not think that this makes it inherently less likely for an individual to be spiritual. If you look across class, in relation to spirituality, I think you will find that while the amount of time/respurces afforded to wealthier individuals for pursuing spiritual goals increases, so too do the number of distractions, both material and societal, that would potentially interfere with such a spiritual quest.

Nature is similar across scale. Just as a human heart and a rat heart will beat close to the same number of times in a given lifetime despite the two lifetimes being of very different lengths, so too do spiritual opportunities and focuses shift across socio-economic lines.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

PREV12