We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
some proof that thoughts & words create reality Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 10/28/2009 1:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A very interesting Experiment, with interesting results.
Some would claim that it is not science, however I would argue that
it definately IS science, even though no known mechanism exists to explain the results.
Some people would argue that since bacteria are known to cause food to spoil and they are
microscopic and present everywhere, that these results fall into the realm of background noise
and can be attributed entirely to random coincedence. However,
If we were to repeat this experiment on a massive scale, say 1000 jars, we could test this:
so this experiment is indeed falsifiable.

Our hypothesis: Speaking good kind or loving words to a jar of boiled rice will cause it to stay fresher for longer than a jar of boiled rice which is only told bad or negative things.

Results: seem to confirm the hypothesis

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded

However, no one has offered an explaination as of yet for why this is !
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Czepa
#2 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:05:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

havent watched the youtube vids. but i know there is another tested and proven theory of thinking different tpyes of emotion into water droplets and they freeze in different shapes acording to the type of emotion forced upon it by buddhist monks or something. i dont know the full story cause i cant find propper info on it.

ill watch youtube vids tomorrow for sure. but goodbye for tonight

Kind regards, Czepa
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Czepa wrote:
havent watched the youtube vids. but i know there is another tested and proven theory of thinking different tpyes of emotion into water droplets and they freeze in different shapes acording to the type of emotion forced upon it by buddhist monks or something. i dont know the full story cause i cant find propper info on it.

ill watch youtube vids tomorrow for sure. but goodbye for tonight

Kind regards, Czepa

IIRC this was definitely not proven, was the research of one specific japanese guy that has been very criticised, and people have not been able to replicate the experiment

Im not saying its impossible, but lets first try to replicate, see all the possible variables that may be accounted before supposing some kind of 'cause and effect' in things like this

shoe
#4 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That research is what lead me to post these links: The name of the guy is on the video's i posted.

He froze water while it was exposed to music, (vibration) and the crystals that grew were more 'beautiful' in the music samples than in the non-music samples.
I don't understand the crux of the criticisms, it seems perfectly normal to me that vibrations would affect crystal growth. As to whether they are more 'beautiful' or not,
who knows. Maybe any random source of harmonic notes in any order would produce such a result?
shoe

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:32:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
Maybe any random source of harmonic notes in any order would produce such a result?

Yes, thats one of the question that arises.. When we look at things like this , for example.

And then what about the words, does it change in which language its spoken? Im sure there is at least one word out there that in one place means something beautiful and in another is some bad word.. Or is it dependent on intentions/emotions? Then how can we measure the emotion/intention in many different people and then see if there is a relation between it and the crystal shapes?

There are several more questions to think about in this kind of experiment.. even if it turns out to have some validity, still we cannot just believe it but rather check for ourselves and understand what is really happening, trying to 'isolate' the variables to make sure we are not seeing some completely different phenomenon than what we are supposing

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:58:32 PM

JC

A mate of mines done the rice experiment for 30 days too. She had three though, one with I love you one with I hate you and one they just ignored, the one that was rotten at the end the most was the one they ignored so any attention is better than nothing it seemed lol

Heres his site http://www.masaru-emoto..../english/e_ome_home.html

Id read about his experiments a while back, I didnt know people had tried to replicate his experiments and failed. My friends rice one seemed a success. When he put mobile phones next to them they all came out messed up, there was a lot of interesting things but now it seems its not completely proven.

IMO I do beleive thoughts create reality and I beleive the world is created by our subconcious thoughts collectively and thats why the governments that run things are pushing negatives in the media like wars, disease, materialism, fear fear fear to keep control because they are satanists and they know this is how reality is created, then again im into conspiracys and am convinced of lots of crazy things so eh dont mind me lol

OriginalFace
#7 Posted : 10/28/2009 3:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the principal behind the Trancendental Meditation practice; when the concentration of positive thinking meditators reaches a critical point then the positive thinking cascades to the surrounding population. I understand that there were some statitics released that supported this hypothesis.

Yet is this not just the manifestation of conventional folk thought that "When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you"Smile

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

ohayoco
#8 Posted : 10/28/2009 3:43:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If thoughts create reality, why is it that whenever I try to move something with my mind it doesn't work? I have tried this on many occasions since a child with the full belief in the possibility that it could happen (open mind!), but it doesn't.

50% of British children believe they will grow up to become millionaires, but less than something like 1% manage it. I know I assumed I would be a millionaire by the age of 25, but it didn't happen to me!

A better example is those with extreme religious faith, especially the apocalyptic-style faiths. There have been many sects who believed the world would end on a certain day, or that their god was about to return, but the world just carrys on as normal without manifesting their beliefs into existence.

If thoughts do really create reality, it seems from these observations that it would have to work by averages, with the general (or average) consensus dictating the nature of the universe. Boring! So you can't have superpowers because the rest of the world believes you don't have them. But then this wouldn't explain scientific breakthroughs that start off with only one maverick scientist having belief in the discovery, but getting the right results long before the rest of humanity starts believing in his theory of 'evolution' etc.

I am assuming of course that we are all experiencing the same reality. If we weren't, then you're all in my imagination anyway and I'm still unable to create the reality I want to live in.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

WSaged
#9 Posted : 10/28/2009 3:47:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OriginalFace wrote:

Yet is this not just the manifestation of conventional folk thought that "When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you"Smile

Yup
see...Very happy

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 10/28/2009 5:04:03 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I don't buy on this rice experiment one bit. As some of the comments on these videos point, she actually touches the "bad" rice with her hands, let alone she bows over it (I wouldn't be surprised if she also blew some air through this step). In short, she increased the chances of the "bad" jar to contaminate.

If thoughts really made reality then just by thinking I could get rid of all these chicks who are always after my dick just as I could get rid of all those million pounds in my bank account that cause me so much hassle....

Alas!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

WSaged
#11 Posted : 10/28/2009 5:12:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
If thoughts really made reality then just by thinking I could get rid of all these chicks who are always after my dick just as I could get rid of all those million pounds in my bank account that cause me so much hassle....

Damn...That's what happened to me.....Mad
Thinking too much.

Wink
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seven
#12 Posted : 10/28/2009 5:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This reminds me of that "intention experiment" book a while back. They hooked up plants to lie detectors or something, and when the tester just thought about burning the plant, it would react on the machine.

intention experiment google books
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 10/28/2009 7:20:30 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

WSaged wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Damn...That's what happened to me.....Mad
Thinking too much.

Wink
WS

So it REALLY works?!?!?!?!

Infinite I
#14 Posted : 10/29/2009 3:11:36 PM

JC

IMO I dont think thoughts creating reality is as straight forward as using your thoughts to move objects or get girls or get rich. I think realitys created by humanitys thoughts/subconcious mind collectively. The evil doers who are in control know this is how realitys created hence all the negativity in the media to keep us in this shitty state. If love compassion and positivity was promoted by the powers that be it would reflect in reality, but its not and were in the shit!

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 10/29/2009 4:37:54 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Infinite I wrote:
IMO I dont think thoughts creating reality is as straight forward as using your thoughts to move objects or get girls or get rich. I think realitys created by humanitys thoughts/subconcious mind collectively. The evil doers who are in control know this is how realitys created hence all the negativity in the media to keep us in this shitty state. If love compassion and positivity was promoted by the powers that be it would reflect in reality, but its not and were in the shit!

Well, yes! Basically thoughts create/provoke actions who in turn change the reality. This mechanism is indeed very old!

Infinite I
#16 Posted : 10/29/2009 7:31:02 PM

JC

I think if humanity realised they can literally change reality with their thoughts then we would be living in paradise but as it is were not.

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:44:09 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

we are largely water - so are mushies - casings with "i love u" written on the box actually totally out-perform other casings.
try it - everyone who tries this experiment gets the same results.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

burnt
#18 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:45:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The TM (transcendental meditation) movement was all about that stuff. The TM movement for a failure for anyone involved. It also was a rather morally questionable movement.

Is it morally right to tell people that all they have to do to change the world is meditate and focus positive energy out? Is it right to say this in a world where millions are suffering and need action not meditation to help them? The world is loaded with problems and meditation isn't going to make them dissolve away. Action will.

However I think its important realize how fraudulent this entire thoughts influence reality my consciousness is the center of the universe what the bleep do we know movement is. I've made extensive posting about it the philosophy threads before. It has no basis first of all. Its purely speculative. It encourages inaction it encourages people to drop out of society and go wander off into meditation camps and spend lots of money doing it making those who run them rich. It misuses and confuses the public about science. These people use weird science like quantum mechanics to justify their beliefs and to sell lots of books. Luckily some physicists have spoken out against these people and written about why they are wrong but unfortunately i think its too little too late because so many people believe in this nonsense.

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:46:12 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

hahaha - just reading the thread now -- i dont beleve it will work(but i have not tried it) - hahahaha.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

shoe
#20 Posted : 10/30/2009 10:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
The world is loaded with problems and meditation isn't going to make them dissolve away. Action will.

I would like to run a charity night to collect for tribes in the amazon; but I am unsure as to what to do/how to go about it.
I was thinking of putting on a not-for-profit club night at some of the local venues, and promoting it like crazy, selling tickets
and taking donations.

But which charity?
shoe

12NEXT