We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How often do you use DMT? Options

MisterGypsy
#1 Posted : 10/28/2007 7:51:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only been using it for a week now and would interested to see how it has taken a place in your life. For me, it's a great healer and propels my consciousness up like nothing else I've ever had. Yet, each time, I'm 'told' that I should organize everything else from what I've learned, before I go back again. I don't want to have to rely on it to be successful, yet I don't know how else I can. So, I've implemented a reward system, whereupon completion of 3 good tasks (cleaning, going to class, etc.) I will allow myself 1 DMT use. I think I have enough self-control for that, but need help in other areas of my life. I genuinely feel much better for the experience, albeit a little disconnected when comparing my consciousness to another's. So, what is everyone else's story?
My confirmation code - 1IQNZQ One IQ in the cue.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

XENONSION
#2 Posted : 10/28/2007 3:45:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

not very often. perhaps 1-3 times every few months

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

PsycheLogics
#3 Posted : 10/28/2007 5:30:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

^^ hey Xeno, do you tend t use it in bursts where you take it like 3 times in a short period?

Garulfo
#4 Posted : 10/28/2007 6:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend is tempted everyday but he try to restrain himself to every 2 days Wink

PsycheLogics
#5 Posted : 10/29/2007 1:11:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:bc2bae50b7]My friend is tempted everyday but he try to restrain himself to every 2 days Wink[/quote:bc2bae50b7] Wow, at that rate do you feel like you get to know this foreign place, or is it always as strange and bizarre as the times before?

PsycheLogics
#6 Posted : 10/29/2007 1:13:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just smoked DMT for the first time today, just a threshold dose to test things. So you could say I smoke it once every 25 years, on average so far!

MisterGypsy
#7 Posted : 10/29/2007 3:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's definitely psychologically addictive, or maybe just for those who 'need' escape. I'm not sure if there is any negative effects of habitual use. I've been reading recently about the native use of DMT-containing mixtures in S. America. Most of the literature suggests that use is infrequent (every other week under normal circumstances, or a few days in a row if a shaman is healing/recharging/training). However, who is to say that shamans are worse off for it as the definitions for abnormal differ greatly. Here, it's more on believeing outside of science whereas there it's more about wanting to live outside of the group, which is really the same thing. So as long as you aren't hurting others or yourself, I'd say it's ok, but of course, not much research has been done and you'd have to rely on a few anecdotal reports of a scarcely used chemical. The only report I've read of a Westerner using it thousands of times over a 40 year period reported no ill effects. Then again, perhaps it's about mindset and overall happiness, than what it does to you that will determine where you go with it.

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 10/29/2007 2:01:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:13c917febb]Wow, at that rate do you feel like you get to know this foreign place, or is it always as strange and bizarre as the times before?[/quote:13c917febb] It becomes 'strangely familiar' Pleased And it is indeed 'addictive' in the meaning that it is more often a positive and enjoyable experience than a negative one, so why not repat it ? Cool [quote:13c917febb]or maybe just for those who 'need' escape[/quote:13c917febb] Sure, like sex, movies, books, video games... or any "leisure". Smoked DMT can not be compared with shaman's uses of DMT. The MAOIs have a serious impact on our body I guess.

gimpy
#9 Posted : 10/29/2007 5:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm kinda new to the spice, but now my initial excitement about this "psychedelic crack" has died down, i can't imagine doing it more than once or twice a month. partly because my last trip was a little scary, i've smoked a bit here and there since, but each time i've held back from giving myself a break thru dose. i look forward to tripping hard again at some point. perhaps i need to find some people to do it with, rather than just on my own. but i'll have to find myself gagging for it before i choose to delve into the hyperspace reality again.
To fathom hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic....

DZ-015
#10 Posted : 10/29/2007 8:35:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quoteVery happy93c6b4383]i'm kinda new to the spice, but now my initial excitement about this "psychedelic crack" has died down, i can't imagine doing it more than once or twice a month. [/quoteVery happy93c6b4383] That sounds about right. After the initial holy-shit-i-found-god phase, it get's harder to do on a regular basis. God's a complicated motherfucker and the more you try to talk to him the less sense he makes.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

XENONSION
#11 Posted : 10/29/2007 9:29:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:4c46ef4903="PsycheLogics"]^^ hey Xeno, do you tend t use it in bursts where you take it like 3 times in a short period?[/quote:4c46ef4903] nah, not really. It's very intense and exhilarating for me. I need awhile to recover before i find myself in the mood for another trip.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

MisterGypsy
#12 Posted : 10/29/2007 11:01:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are familiar with the 8 circuit model, do you feel like you are permanently lifted up into the higher circuits. Alternatively, how do you deal with the knowledge and perspectives gained? I feel pretty lonely because it really magnifies the differences between me and general society, as well as the general Hive mindset that most people have. I reassure myself that it's only that they are baby consciousnesses who will someday grow up to the same levels. At the same time, however, I wonder as I study more neuroscience, if it can and will be all explained one day, that perhaps this is only another way to play the game and fulfill our instinctual purposes? It really comes down to that I never stop questioning my assumptions and have yet to find a sustainable mindset. All I have is my experience, and, frankly, it has shown nothing that is so unexplainable that I can put 100% of my faith in.

Garulfo
#13 Posted : 10/29/2007 11:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:890f02992d]how do you deal with the knowledge and perspectives gained?[/quote:890f02992d] Hardly. This is indeed a difficult task. [quote:890f02992d]I feel pretty lonely because it really magnifies the differences between me and general society[/quote:890f02992d] I also feel pretty lonely, but not because I would feel 'better' or 'worse' than 'normal' people but because there are not many people to share that kind of experience around. It's not hard to imagine how people would look at you after you would say "hey, I talk to God yesterday, we had a nice chat althought it made me quite nervous" Pleased But there is no reason to consider others as 'baby consciousness'. This is not something that anyone have authority to declare. [quote:890f02992d]All I have is my experience, and, frankly, it has shown nothing that is so unexplainable that I can put 100% of my faith in.[/quote:890f02992d] Pretty confusing sentence. Can you elaborate ?

DZ-015
#14 Posted : 10/30/2007 1:23:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:12509e714a]I feel pretty lonely because it really magnifies the differences between me and general society[/quote:12509e714a] Try turning other people onto it. Just make sure they know what to expect. In all likelihood they'll thank you. I've never had someone not thank me, and it's cool to see that look on there face right afterward. [quote:12509e714a]It really comes down to that I never stop questioning my assumptions and have yet to find a sustainable mindset.[/quote:12509e714a] If you mean what i think you mean, i used to be the same way. Stop questioning everything before you drive yourself crazy. Tackle one question at a time. If it's obvious you can't find the answer then fuck it and leave it till another day. [quote:12509e714a]All I have is my experience, and, frankly, it has shown nothing that is so unexplainable that I can put 100% of my faith in.[/quote:12509e714a] Not entirely sure what that means, but i think the gist is you haven't experienced anything you can put all your faith in right? Do you need something to put 100% of your faith in? If so, why? We're dealing with things that are far greater than our comprehension. You'll never find something to believe in 100%, and might drive yourself mad trying. Just my 2 cents though.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

MisterGypsy
#15 Posted : 10/30/2007 1:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^As far as that goes, it goes down to man's (seemingly) eternal struggle of life/death and continuance of the individual. Perhaps, I'm too attached to 'me' and that fear of ego-loss, but of course 'I' is all I know. I've had ego-dissolving moments during my more high dose experiences, though I haven't had that with DMT. I've come close twice to breaking through into open-eye experiences (which I hear are profoundly ego-loss and not, at the same time), both in bad environments that I negotiated back to 'reality.' So, in my quest for self-realization, DMT seems like the next step in my journey, but I'd prefer not hurting my brain getting there (whether by use or sheer(ing) thought.

Atanonchronon
#16 Posted : 10/30/2007 8:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[img:5e9d7bd07a]http://www.performance-unlimited.com/images/mp2.gif[/img:5e9d7bd07a] Use the guide above and get a general sense of how much time you devote to survival, then security, then social acceptence/esteem. Try to draw the pyramid in your mind culminating in your time devoted to self actualization. Imagine a personally comfortable fraction of that timeslice devoted to DMT. [quote:5e9d7bd07a]Maslow originally found the occurrence of peak experiences in individuals who were self-actualizing, but later found that peak experiences happened to non-actualizers as well but not as often[/quote:5e9d7bd07a] http://en.wikipedia.org/...slows_hierarchy_of_needs

PrOtAgErUs
#17 Posted : 10/30/2007 10:01:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some have said the afterglow and the mental work trying to assimilate the experience can become addictive. Almost more so then the trip. Simmers have reported very anti depresent like afterglow effects that are almost more benefitial then the hyperspace launch, anyone else experience this?
Side EFFECT OF DMT USE- "obsessing about the experience" "obsessing about the experience" "obsessing about the experience"

DZ-015
#18 Posted : 10/31/2007 1:14:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:22f90b0855]Some have said the afterglow and the mental work trying to assimilate the experience can become addictive. Almost more so then the trip. Simmers have reported very anti depresent like afterglow effects that are almost more benefitial then the hyperspace launch, anyone else experience this?[/quote:22f90b0855] Yes most deffinately. DMT does wonders for me when it comes to depression, and even anxiety.

Garulfo
#19 Posted : 10/31/2007 1:40:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:a4412df5c4]anti depresent like afterglow effects that are almost more benefitial then the hyperspace launch, anyone else experience this?[/quote:a4412df5c4] Also agree with that. A very small toke of DMT greatly reduce the anxiety and I bet it has less side effects than benzos. Let's imagine a pharmaceutical inhaler of micro dose of DMT Very happy ... Dreaming...

rainbowserpent
#20 Posted : 11/4/2007 3:25:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sometimes will use a few times a day several days a week, sometimes will go a few weeks without using it. I feel the same way as many others in that I feel lonely simply because this isn't the type of knowledge or experience you get to share with that many people. Sometimes I really feel as though I am understanding myself better than ever (and truly I am), but other times I feel disconnected from society in general. This most likely is a personality flaw being illuminated so I'm working on it...and in fact, have gotten to meet quite a few others who are either experienced or open to the experience. I wasn't in the best mood a week or two ago, but I saw a friend who I hadn't seen for a bit and when asked how I was said "I talked to God yesterday." They didn't flinch and after listening related an experience to me. What a relief to finally meet some like yourself!

12NEXT