We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hypnagogic states Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 1/30/2017 2:35:07 PM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

I wanted to talk about something that that is of great interest to me, that being hypnagogic states.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

I have experienced this state many times, especially recently. I find that I can quite easily induce lucid dreams with this state.

I want to work moar with this state in the future. I think it will help me greatly with lucid dreaming, astral projection etc.

Are any of you familiar with hypnagogic states? What have your experiences been? Please feel free to share!
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 1/30/2017 4:07:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This topic has come up quitee a bit lately and it's one I'm highly interested in as well. The hypnogogic state is an easily worked doorway into deep States of consciousness if one learns how to work with it. I've talked about it at length in some other threads:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=775692

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=781350

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=718621

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

exquisitus
#3 Posted : 1/31/2017 12:04:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

2 required readigs.
1. mavromatis - easy to obtain.
2. moskvitin - frigging hard to find, i am still looking for it, if anybody has it, please share. see for example http://www.ebay.ca/itm/U...14c6f:g:JdkAAOSw4GVYM29V

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 1/31/2017 2:33:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Last night I had a dream that I was swimming, the water was bright florescent yellow, and the light shining through the water was casting a beautiful moving pattern across the fluorescent rainbow of colored rocks (picture attached demonstrates light/water pattern).

I started out in a cave like area, but the cave shaped into something similar to a water-slide entry, I followed others who were there and slid into the tunnel, after sliding down a twisting and curving rock tunnel, in dark brown water along the dark brown and dark green moss covered rocks, I emerged in an underwater section, the water was bright neon yellow, all the colors were bright and fluorescent, overwhelmingly so, and the pattern of moving light shimmering through the fluorescent water was mesmerising. I remember specifically thinking of 5-bromo-DMT, mentally exclaiming "this can't be real, it's like 5-bromo-DMT!"

...while I'm in this space, all though it's colorful and bright and there are light patterns it is somehow enclosed, there was a translucent plastic neon orange tube protruding from the opposite end of the "tank", so I began to swim over. I'm holding my breath this whole time as I'm not aware that I'm sleeping, and was quickly running out of oxygen, though I did not want to leave, I remember swimming by an astonished girl with dark brown hair, who was staring as me as I swam by with wide and surprised eyes, for some reason I thought it was because of my hair, which doesn't make much sense now, but the incident was cemented into my mind containing that seemingly random thought as I left the astonished girl.

...This dream was rare, I have only had a few of these dreams where while it was occurring I was honestly uncertain if I was dead, in a psychedelic state, or dreaming, where I could honestly not figure out what was going on, these states are always intense, always very brightly colored, and usually the whole field of my vision is tinted by fluorescent yellow or orange.

In the first type of this dream I ever had I was on wheels, or skate like things, speeding down a pink and florescent green spiral slide, I was miles in the sky, surrounded by clouds, and was well aware that a fall would mean certain death, whether I fell over the edge, or whether I crashed i would be dead. There were these elf like females wearing bright stripped florescent clothing in skates in front of and behind me, they trying to keep me calm through the disorientation of flying in a spiral at such high speeds, I'm not sure if they were singing, or if there was music playing, but there was this strange audio phenomena, the closet description I can generate is "music", though it was "bending" and altering the feeling of my physical head and consciousness with each note in the melody, and I was surrounded by it, it was almost like an entirely new sense or perception, regardless, I can't adequately describe it...through the strangeness of it all I kept thinking "what the fuck" in complete astonishment, it's almost the only sentence I could muster as I was in a state of pure confusion and awe...."This is impossible!" ... "What is going on?!"...

I'm not sure if these stares qualify as hypnogogia...I'm not sure what they qualify as.

I suffer from sleep paralysis, which aside from being horrifying, also induces a state where I'm unable to breathe, or my head will fall into a position obstructing my air-flow, and I will not be able to move it...often times I will be able to move my foot just slightly, it takes every ounce of my will just to move my foot from side to side, I can feel these "electrical" shock feelings as my mind strains to move my body, if I'm able to move my foot to the point where my leg falls into a new position it will often "snap me out of it"... so you are in a life and death struggle (it feels like), you can't breathe, you can't move, you can't even scream for help...often times I can see, and hear what's going on around me, but it's also a fight to stay conscious, as drifting into sleep would mean suffacation...whether I'm ever actually in any danger, I'm not sure, but it's horrifying.

Any way, sometimes if I can't move, or wake up, I will go into a state analogous to a DMT flash, which sounds great, but since I was in a "life and death" struggle just prior, being unable to move or breathe, I often think that I actually died, and while this is hypnogogia, it's not something I enjoy...

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
f1eb8143d0a275094d809e028e9ce99d.jpg (78kb) downloaded 102 time(s).

JustAnotherHuman
#5 Posted : 2/1/2017 2:38:26 AM

You create your own reality

Those are some crazy dreams your having there eg!Big grin

I've never had dreams like that, although I usually have vivid dreams and I usually remember them.

I've also experienced sleep paralysis, many times. Nothing as terrifying as what you describe though.

When I get sleep paralysis, it's usually a heavy feeling in my body, like I can't move(obviously), like something is pressing on my body. This is sometimes accompanied by significant, but not extreme, fear. Usually I also feel intense vibrations pulsating through my whole body, starting in my brow, or third eye chakra. (If you believe in that stuff)
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Intezam
#6 Posted : 2/2/2017 7:38:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we sometimes experience the hypnagogic states concsiously in a slowed down, stretched out, layered variety i.e. the jerk slowed down and stretched out into it's component parts, or, that which causes it.......Razz

...and its pure dread and terror, it's loike the youniverse coming to a halt Stop .....
There is nausea, trumpet-horn (all sounds combined), heart racing and palpitations amd extreme (inner/outer) wibbly wobblyness and the certainty of death (arrival) or (death) continuing (coming) in a never ending loops.

Loike the خاتم_سليمان...Shocked

Can't really enjoy (any of) this. Nor have we wanted any of it, it really sucks....mainly due to we having very little control (not a great-boday-control-jogi here). Thanks gawd it's not every night......

Anyway....there is gateways* there and access breathing (aka: pās-e anfās) and matras: Dam Madar Beda Par (lit: the breathing of Madar rafts One(1) across )......we think

*not exactly those, try read between the lines...

Swayambhu
#7 Posted : 2/2/2017 10:49:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
we sometimes experience the hypnagogic states concsiously in a slowed down, stretched out, layered variety i.e. the jerk slowed down and stretched out into it's component parts, or, that which causes it.......Razz

...and its pure dread and terror, it's loike the youniverse coming to a halt Stop .....
There is nausea, trumpet-horn (all sounds combined), heart racing and palpitations amd extreme (inner/outer) wibbly wobblyness and the certainty of death (arrival) or (death) continuing (coming) in a never ending loops.

I've experienced things like this.
Usually when I am tired, stressed, or have been drinking or eating or smoking something I shouldn't have.
I actually had one the other night. Pure horror show dream, which flowed into semi-conscious state, which flowed into a conscious state.
I put this down to an ill-conceived saturday night cocktail of psilocybin fungus + entire bottle of red wine + nasty, cheesy pizza with factory torture meat pepperoni on it.

More commonly I get fractal paisley weirdness, usually after smoking weed.

These episodes are usually very short-lived. I have learnt to surrender to the process, and am quickly rewarded with sleep.

Otherwise I regularly enjoy states which -might- be described as hypnogogic, involving exploration of the borderline between conscious and unconscious. This mostly happens;

During cat nap

For about half an hour before falling asleep at bedtime (I experience this lying on my back, then "wake up", turn on my side and fall asleep properly)

During attempted concentration/meditation. I would consider this "bad meditation".

When I was in my twenties, while on the verge of sleep, I used to experience the ability to willingly induce the physical sensation of a light being shone into my eyes. I always thought it must be significant, but nothing ever really came of it, and I can't do it anymore.

Anyone experience that?