We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
caapi & khat Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#1 Posted : 1/27/2017 2:52:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would not mix any of the beta-keto amphetamines with harmala alkaloids...I still think that's asking for a hypertensive crisis...

-eg

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 2/5/2017 2:30:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seconded, even with RIMAs amphetamines are very dangerous potentially lethal combinations. Cathinone the main ingredient in khat is a naturally occurring form of amphetamine so give it a pass.

If I may ask, why would you even consider such a combination? Caapi is rarely used on its own for its psychoactive effects and I'm not so sure it enhances any form of psychoactive drugs besides tryptamines. It might synergize with some that it hasn't got an dangerous interaction with, but that's about it.

TGO
#3 Posted : 2/5/2017 7:32:47 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Off topic:

BTW, Caapi and/or harmala alkaloids are used on their own quite often and for many different reasons, from traditional to modern day usage:

Vine Only - Ayahuasca without DMT

On topic:

I must agree that it is better to be safe than sorry. Mixing those two could potentially be asking for trouble so why would you want to take the risk?
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 2/23/2017 9:00:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Looking into this a little, Dale Pendell in Pharmako/Gnosis states:

Quote:
Small quantities of khat, Catha edulis, along with harmel, are not at all unpleasant.

Although he starts that same paragraph:

Quote:
Some of these combinations are dangerous, particularly combining harmel (or any other MAOI) with amphetamines or amphetamine-like compounds. The sympathomimetic effects of such compounds, with their usual metabolic degradation inhibited, could be unpleasant or life-threatening.

so there's every reason to be cautious.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli