We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ondansetron + Ayahuasca Options

Legarto Rey
#1 Posted : 1/22/2017 8:40:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ondansetron(Zofran), 4-8mg po can be a safe and effective anti-emetic that primarily addresses the n+v associated with the central(CNS) emetogenic effects of tryptamines(DMT, psilocybin, LSD...). The gastro-intestinal irritant(early) n+v from ingested crude plant extracts is more effectively mitigated with lemon balm, peppermint, etc...

As long as SSRIs and non-reversible MAOIs are not "in the mix", ondansetron is safe to co-administer with aya/anahuasca. But always, ask your physician!

Peace

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 1/23/2017 11:28:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tend to almost always take ondansetron (4mg) alongside any oral psychedelic these days; the synergy is excellent. It selectively antagonises the SERT receptor responsible for some pathologies behind Serotonin (SERT)-induced nausea/vomiting/purgation. IME, 4mg of ondansetron coadministered with a nauseating psychedelic (e.g. mescaline, LSD/MDMA, psilocybin mushrooms, etc) almost entirely eliminates the nausea whilst not affecting the trip itself whatsoever.

I have not tried combining it with changa (AND given MAOI drug interactions, I wouldn't suggest using harmalas with it at all; If I take ondansetron with a psychedelic, I don't take harmalas, and vice-a-versa.)

It's a godsend for me; but please remember: One Man's Medicine is another Man's Murderer.

Stay Safe,
-Godsmacker
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Legarto Rey
#3 Posted : 1/25/2017 10:04:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The propensity of 5-HT3 antagonists(like ondansetron) to induce SS is, nil.
http://www.psychotropica...ty-and-5-ht3-antagonists

Peace