We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alkaloides de Acacia simplicifolia: full text of the ONLY phytochemical study on A. Simplex Options

Godsmacker
#1 Posted : 1/20/2017 12:27:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've spent the better part of the evening crawling accross the literature, looking to find this gem of a study, and would like to share the full text with my peers (this is the ONLY official study into the alkaloid content of A. Simplex, and is the first documentation of N-Formyldimethyltryptamine in the scientific literature); Shulgin, Schultes, Trout and Ott, among many other authors always allude to this rather crude and superficial analysis (done in 1976).

It has been 41 years since this single study emerged, and has since remained uncontested and/or revised via modern methods of analytical chemistry. I would like to know if anyone on the forum boards with access to high-grade analytic chemistry machinery (e.g. HPLC, fluroscopy, LC-MS, GC-MS, tandem GC-MS/MS, H1/C13/any kind of NMR, immuhistochemistry in order to detect potential MAO-inhibitory properties in never-analyzed regions, etc. etc.); if anyone with access to such analytical techniques is interested in analyzing various regions of acacia simplex, the time is NOW.

I hope this full text helps,
-Godsmacker
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 1/30/2017 3:31:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently collaborating with analytical chemists in my locale to update the literature concerning the phytochemical content of A. Simplex (with the contents of seeds & seed pods included), and will update this thread with whatever data this investigation yields.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Rhiozan
#3 Posted : 2/13/2017 3:05:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm growing some seedlings at the moment (N. Caledonia variety). Some patchy data available at the (that is mostly shared by the enthusiast nexians after their attempt of extractions) is definitely insufficient, yet suggesting of a very high alkaloid content. This specie is of a great interest as alkaloid source and more info is needed.

Godsmacker, just want to say that your efforts are very much appreciated.
Repeating ever softly verses of alchemic truth, all transfigured into eons.