We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How pure is this harmine ? Options

kemist
#1 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:21:29 AM

John

Who can comment about purity of this harmine, isolated from rue simply by checking out this pictures.
It`s a freebase as an off white powder with little of tan tint

Please
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/27/2009 10:26:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it looks nice, but thats as accurate as my statement can go Smile

what procedures was done? I always love hearing about people's rue extractions

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 10/27/2009 4:51:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

yea looks good, can't comment on % purity or anything, but nice-looking product. How much rue did you use/how much did you yield? Oh, and bump on the method.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:07:03 PM

The Great Namah

Looks great, but without more details who can say. It might be 80% salt contamination from a Manske (though doesn't look like it).

How much rue did you start with?
what type of extraction did you do?
What type of clean up did you do?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

kemist
#5 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:03:17 AM

John

acolon_5 wrote:
Looks great, but without more details who can say. It might be 80% salt contamination from a Manske (though doesn't look like it).

How much rue did you start with?
what type of extraction did you do?
What type of clean up did you do?

No no isn`t salty at all, is in freebase form firstly tastless after while it become bitter bud not badly.It means that only major contaminants would be plant matter from rue and sodium carbonate. So far ILPT tried 100 and 150 mg orally and can`t go higher today as testing of cacti extracts would be plan for tomorow and he doesn`t wanna any interaction btw those substancies.

Guys extraction was pain in the arse Crying or very sad and massive one Crying or very sad .

He has to do about 10 Manske and 3 a/b to clean that shit up.
Seriously, he obtain seeds from india (endlesness recomended) and after first manske all collected precip. looked like elephant poo. Nothing like lovely seeds from Iran he use before where result simillar to this he got just after 2 Manske and only 1 a/b.
Indian venda, neva again !

Sorry he doesn`t remember details because he hasn`t finished extraction in limited time so has to keep it in hydrochloride salt form and finished it off after couple of months. It`s about 11 grams of this harmine and 1,5 g of harmaline. He think he ordered 1kg and used only 500 grams for this yields. That`s roughly 2,2 % of harmine and only 0,3% harmaline and ILPT is not complaining hahahah. It`s second time when he got significantly higher yield on harmine because he was toasting. He need to find notes (if he has any) and check at what temperature he toasted. Surely it was higher then last time with seedss from Iran.
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

kemist
#6 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:09:22 AM

John

For manske he used rock salt cleaned by crystalization and for a/b sodium carbonate(from baked bicarbonate simply and food safe LOL) polish vinegar and last step he done with citric acid(from wine shop)
No ethanol methanol, isopropanol or any other non lol fancy crap were used Cool

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 10/28/2009 5:32:49 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

planning on re-xing any of it ? i would dig to see a harmine/harmaline re-x tek Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry if you were unhappy with the rue, kemist Sad

Its just so cheap, 5 dollars for 100g shipping included and I usually get a product im happy with, with 3-5 manskes and then carbonate precipitating, I thought others would enjoy it.. Didnt know there could be much better rue out there, so now im interested

Care to share with us the other vendor you are more happy with? Smile

btw, what about the filtering, how did you do that?

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 10/28/2009 1:21:09 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i would be interested in that vendor too.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Im confident that maya is probably the best source for good rue at a good price... well, that I know of anyway.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 10/28/2009 2:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

but good in what sense? have you had experience with different vendors, comparing yield and things like this? Did it have significantly less impurities/oils, and was filtering and cleaning up better?

This is definitely some information we need out there , if people did compare Smile

kemist
#12 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:45:09 PM

John

Phlux- wrote:
planning on re-xing any of it ? i would dig to see a harmine/harmaline re-x tek Smile

Would like to, but don`t wanna use denaturated alcohol or shitty metanol but he thinking about using food grade vodka for rex. Maybe! It`s 40% ethanol with several adulterants(e.g.) sugar.
He`s not sure whether to crystalize it as is, or turn it to hydrochloride salt first. Although turning it into HCl salt first(via Manske)and then rex precip. from little bit of vodka ,seems more logical

NEVER FORGET! ILPT lost his `home` in chem lab a few years ago(where he used to `borrow` glass, solvents and chemicals even machines like elektromagnetic stirrer on hotplate) and turned to `McGyver` ever since
He cannot distill, he doesn`t even dream about using vacum . It`s a hard work and it sucks Crying or very sad

kemist
#13 Posted : 10/30/2009 9:27:42 PM

John

endlessness wrote:
sorry if you were unhappy with the rue, kemist Sad

Its just so cheap, 5 dollars for 100g shipping included and I usually get a product im happy with, with 3-5 manskes and then carbonate precipitating, I thought others would enjoy it.. Didnt know there could be much better rue out there, so now im interested

Care to share with us the other vendor you are more happy with? Smile

btw, what about the filtering, how did you do that?

No problemo ende, it`s not your fault. SWIY has good experience with Mr. Ashvini`s seeds, told ya and you shared that info. Maybe parrot just got unlucky batch, or perhaps contamination. If he can found pix he will post it. It looked nasty almost all the time, like some sort of grease everywhere.

Seeds from Mr. Mauricus seemed to be better to work with and cost almost the same . They parcels are untouched by customs and arriving promptly.
BTW. Why some vendors (say from NL ) shipping cacti or even truffles to UK and some not. Also some parcels taking forever to arrive and arrive opened by customs and some untouched(Maya)
Does UK custom have any vendor`s adresses blacklisted or something?

Filtration was done trough big plastic funell with long (pressed coton fibre) plug on the bottom (overnight)
It was extremely slow, last time he tried maya`s seed,it was much quicker.
Have to say, that with maya seeds he has more time and let everything settle nicely(30h or more) then just decanted clear stuff, filter it once, then did one manske,decanted and drained them before did one crystalization from lightly acetic water(very nice x tals),then just dissolved this dried xtals of hydrochlorid in distilled water and freebased to two different pH values, to seperate most of the harmine from harmaline.

This time he was impatient, (let settled just few hours) has problems as filters get clogged and that greasy shit was everywhere. Think that quality of seeds wasn`t as good and ILPT should be more patient before comence filtering.
Ashivini is good and polite lad , but parrot is not gonna risk it for a bisquit anymore.

teotenakeltje
#14 Posted : 10/30/2009 11:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ordered some rue too from Mr. Ashvini and some blue lotus, 4 weaks ago...still waiting!

kemist
#15 Posted : 10/31/2009 7:35:02 AM

John

teotenakeltje wrote:
ordered some rue too from Mr. Ashvini and some blue lotus, 4 weaks ago...still waiting!

Don`t order his ridiculously cheap HBWR as he had it misslabeled and actually selling Argyrea Speciosa Sad ,but willing to give refund, after politely asked. Smile