We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Acuminata Lost All Leaves (HELP!) Options

floribunda
#1 Posted : 1/16/2017 11:23:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

I have three A.Acuminata plants that I grew from seed and one of them recently lost ALL of its leaves. I am now worried that it is going to die which would be quite sad given the time and effort I have put in to growing this species.

It is in a 40lt pot and has not been replanted in about a year. It is about 1.2m tall and seemed healthy until all leaves dropped off. The other two seem fine. I went away for three weeks over summer and came back to a bare plant. It was sitting in direct sunlight but did not get much water.

Any idea of how I could bring this plant back to life?!?

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 1/18/2017 2:44:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have watched this happen to other plants before after drought and sometimes if they remain well watered some leaves will pop out again. It all depends on how much of the cells got completely dehydrated, when they dehydrate the cells die. The internal layer might still be ok. Give it a month in the shade and water every day. If the bark/branches start to dry out and snap easily then throw it out.

Koornut
#3 Posted : 1/18/2017 7:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also keep all those dropped phyllodes for "research" purposes Smile
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

--Shadow
#4 Posted : 4/12/2017 7:14:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm... a.acuminata do pretty well in a dry environment. I've grown around 50 from pots of a.acuminata now (both phyllode variants). I've grown a.cyclops and a few others as well, and the only thing I've found with the ones that died was to do with the roots becoming root-bound.
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder