We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NSA to share data with the DEA (and other agencies) Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 1/16/2017 2:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone see this? Anyone concerned?

https://theintercept.com...-just-in-time-for-trump/

and the reddit comment thread about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r...nald_trump_takes_office/
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

JustAnotherHuman
#2 Posted : 1/16/2017 3:27:30 PM

You create your own reality

I am extremely concerned, however, I'm not surprised. The US government has been slowly destroying the freedom of American people for a looong time now and this is only the latest iteration of this. Meanwhile, people just carry on in their state of waking sleep, content with their hamburgers and soap operas, as little by little, their freedom gets whittled away.

It's funny, everybody knows that the NSA collects their personal information, it's not even a conspiracy theory. Yet no one cares. People should be up in arms, there should be riots in the streets. But no, as long as people have their Big Macs and their reality TV, they're content to keep their heads buried in the sand.

The police state is real folks. I wonder what George Orwell would be saying right now.Thumbs down
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 1/16/2017 6:07:22 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Internet security 101:

0. Read Snowden
1. Install TOR.
1a. Config the TORRC file. I only trust torservers.net exit nodes.
2. Buy VPN with tumbled Bitcoins.
3. Get anonymous email with protonmail.ch
4. Read Internet Security Walk-Through Tutorial v2.2.6
5. Use Signal
6. Get ready for Internet security 102, because there's always something new.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 1/16/2017 6:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I understand that TOR is encrypted and all, I honestly think that suddenly going off the grid and using TOR, which the authorities already have a pretty good grip on using anyway, would be more of a red flag than just staying out in the open.

I'd say the more you try to cover up your business the more they'll be interested in it.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 1/16/2017 6:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think they have shared info for quite zome time. IMO the SR bust and Liberty Hosting were NSA parralel constructions. Think The Imitation Game, let the little fish swim so they can get the big ones. Remember that TOR was created for the military to secure communications and with the advent of quantuum computing most current encryption techniques are probably nearing obsolesence.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Ufostrahlen
#6 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:17:04 PM

RhythmSpring wrote:
While I understand that TOR is encrypted and all, I honestly think that suddenly going off the grid and using TOR, which the authorities already have a pretty good grip on using anyway, would be more of a red flag than just staying out in the open.

That's right. How to become a obedient citizen 101:

1. Stop doing illegal drugs.
2. Solely alcohol and SSRIs!
3. Don't visit the Nexus in the first place, because it's filled with leftists, druggies, hippies and anarchists.
4. Be a good Christian/Muslim and pray to God daily!
5. The authorities know what's good for you.
6. No homo sex either!
7. Watch out for obedient citizen 102.

skoobysnax wrote:
I think they have shared info for quite zome time. IMO the SR bust and Liberty Hosting were NSA parralel constructions. Think The Imitation Game, let the little fish swim so they can get the big ones. Remember that TOR was created for the military to secure communications and with the advent of quantuum computing most current encryption techniques are probably nearing obsolesence.

Good to know. I think the Travler hasn't got the briefing yet. Please mail him, so he can turn off the encryption. We better communicate in the open, because encryption raises red flags! Encryption also uses more CPU time, thus more CO2 emissions. Two birds killed with one stone Thumbs up
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
RhythmSpring wrote:

That's right. How to become a obedient citizen 101:

1. Stop doing illegal drugs.
2. Solely alcohol and SSRIs!
3. Don't visit the Nexus in the first place, because it's filled with leftists, druggies, hippies and anarchists.
4. Be a good Christian/Muslim and pray to God daily!
5. The authorities know what's good for you.
6. No homo sex either!
7. Watch out for obedient citizen 102.

What is your point??? I'm not saying any of this...
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:35:45 PM

RhythmSpring wrote:
What is your point??? I'm not saying any of this...

The point was that being an obedient citizen raises no flags. Since you are concerned with raising red flags (downloading and using TOR), stay away from drugs & the Nexus in the first place. Because what's the point of the Nexus? Well... psychedelic drug use, right? Your ISP knows what URLs you visit and the company is happy to share. With TOR they know that you use TOR and with a VPN they know that you use a VPN. But thanks to skoobysnax we now all know that encryption is useless. Better stay obedient, otherwise the Feds will get ya!

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not talking about trying to be obedient. I'm talking about taking the path I think is actually safest by raising fewer red flags. There's a difference. I don't care if you disagree, but I do want you to understand what I'm saying.

EDIT: I don't do drugs anyway, so
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Ufostrahlen
#10 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:44:07 PM

RhythmSpring wrote:
I'm not talking about trying to be obedient. I'm talking about taking the path I think is actually safest by raising fewer red flags. There's a difference. I don't care if you disagree, but I do want you to understand what I'm saying.

Yes, I understand your point. To answer your inital question:

Quote:

Nope, I'm not concerned. But you should. Because with using a VPN, you are exercising your right to privacy. With no VPN, you're already in the dragnet. But do whatever pleases you.

Edit:
Quote:
I don't do drugs anyway, so

Hey, me too!

nexalizer
#11 Posted : 1/17/2017 12:07:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
g=posts&m=749087#post749087]TORRC[/url] file. I only trust torservers.net exit nodes.

While well intentioned and reasonable on the surface, over time this will quickly result in a very unique network fingerprint that can be more easily tied to you.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

nexalizer
#12 Posted : 1/17/2017 12:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:

I'd say the more you try to cover up your business the more they'll be interested in it.

What we need is precisely more "normal" people to use Tor, so that it can't be targeted on the grounds that only "shady people" use it.

If you don't want to protect your privacy because you're afraid this will make you a target, then I'm afraid that The Man has already won.

Anyway, to doubly stick it to the man, you can use obfs4 bridges and that will conceal the fact that you're using Tor.

For extra paranoid points, download the browser from a cafe and set up the bridge settings (obfs4 bridge) while not at home. Never connect directly from home.

But really, if you ask me, all this stuff should instead be legitimized, it's a damn shame that people are being intimidated into not protecting their privacy because they're afraid they'll stand out.

How about we all stand out? Smile
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Ufostrahlen
#13 Posted : 1/17/2017 9:19:23 AM

nexalizer wrote:
While well intentioned and reasonable on the surface, over time this will quickly result in a very unique network fingerprint that can be more easily tied to you.

I know, that's why I use 2 Tor configs, one for "special" cases.

nexalizer wrote:
How about we all stand out? Smile

Thumbs up It's so weird, that people are afraid to protect their basic human rights. Freedom of speech, privacy, etc.

MachienDome
#14 Posted : 6/23/2018 9:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:

https://theintercept.com...-just-in-time-for-trump/

That is the point of them collecting all that data in the first place - to disseminate it to other federal agencies that cant legally or financially do it themselves. Read up on the East German Stasi and you will find many parralels.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."