We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eastern Mysticism Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 1/14/2017 7:14:32 PM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

Lately, I've been looking into different aspects of spirituality, and Eastern religions, specifically Hinduism and Buddhism, and these religions resonate with me greatly.

Now, I haven't studied these religions too deeply, so I'm by no means an expert on them, however, the things I have learned appeal to me immensely.

What I like about these two religions is that they teach that humans can transcend the dualistic nature of materialistic reality rooted in ego and suffering, and reach a higher state in which one realises the interconnected nature of existence.

They also teach that the Divine is present in all creation, and is not separate from it, which I feel is a very empowering thought.

I also like the fact that each religion has specific practices that one can incorporate into one's own life to attain higher levels of spirituality. Things like the different forms of meditation, yoga, Tantra and so forth.

I'm also fascinated by the Hindu deities. Especially Shiva and his consort, Kali. They are both said to be powerful, but benevolent deities, representing both creation and destruction. I love how they are represented in the artwork. Both of them with their third eyes open, with a variety of different weapons and accoutrements. Kali looks especially fearsome, with the lolling tongue, the scimitar and all the human heads. Shocked

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the topic, what do you guys think? Are any of you practitioners of Hinduism or Buddhism, and if so, am I on the right track here? Like I said, I don't know much about these religions, so feel free to correct me if take issue with something I said.

JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.