We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mdma at home therapy? Options

Infectedlsd
#1 Posted : 1/12/2017 11:29:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am personally very fond of MDMA. Too fond actually. It's allure to just take it nilly-willy can show its face in my mind except I find it's best use is in combination with other drugs for some very interesting experimental purposes or certain mental practices I guess. But I can not find much examples of it's use in my life. Even tough I think it's a very powerful and versatile substance. And I have some very good memories from it. Also some difficult and bordering on weird but interesting. I can't help but see potential in therapeutic use. Besides, they are used professionally. My thought is why not be my own professor and learn how to use it properly. Who knows, I would like to keep it in my inventory as a sort of alchemist. In-case someone can use it's effect I would like to offer this as an easy solution.. In comparison to psychedelics MDMA is much lighter and much less existential. And perfect on occasional use. So really to wrap this up however crudely, I encourage you all to take a stab at finding a therapeutic home use for MDMA. Nothing serious, just a fun round-about of ideas if you are up for it.. Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 1/12/2017 1:41:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infectedlsd wrote:
I am personally very fond of MDMA. Too fond actually. It's allure to just take it nilly-willy can show its face in my mind except I find it's best use is in combination with other drugs for some very interesting experimental purposes or certain mental practices I guess. But I can not find much examples of it's use in my life. Even tough I think it's a very powerful and versatile substance. And I have some very good memories from it. Also some difficult and bordering on weird but interesting. I can't help but see potential in therapeutic use. Besides, they are used professionally. My thought is why not be my own professor and learn how to use it properly. Who knows, I would like to keep it in my inventory as a sort of alchemist. In-case someone can use it's effect I would like to offer this as an easy solution.. In comparison to psychedelics MDMA is much lighter and much less existential. And perfect on occasional use. So really to wrap this up however crudely, I encourage you all to take a stab at finding a therapeutic home use for MDMA. Nothing serious, just a fun round-about of ideas if you are up for it.. Thanks

You may want to research the work of Ann shulgin, who was a "folk psychotherapist" with particular interest in MDMA, she actually developed some methods which have been very benneficial and helpful to others.

You must be very careful though, the last thing you want to do is end up causing harm and trauma, which can happen regardless of good intentions.

Fortunately, MDMA psychotherapy is a hot issue in the research world, and eventually may be moved to schedule III, where it can be better researched and used by therapists. MAPS has had much success, specially in Colorado, where I have been following the research since it began.

I have taken MDMA for recreation, and had life changing experiences and realization, it can be a therapy tool on accident, and definantly has much potential in therapy in general. It also has a high abuse potential and carries certain risks, meaning it must be used very carefully.

Any way, here are a few links on the topic:

https://www.erowid.org/p...es/guides_article1.shtml
The new psychotherapy: MDMA and the Shadow
BY ANN SHULGIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CTXQ2kLQmg
Ann shulgin -MDMA psychotherapy

http://www.maps.org/mdma-boulder
MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for PTSD: Boulder, Colorado (Intern Study)

-eg

Infectedlsd
#3 Posted : 1/12/2017 3:07:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting article eg. Will keep it in mind. Who knows, perhaps I will follow into her footsteps and become a "lay-therapist" so to speak just like Ann Shulgin. We do seem to have an affinity to the same kind of drugs. haha. I'm especially interested (and haven't endaevoured personally) into the different psychological effects of MDMA's closest analogues such as MDA etc. would certainly look forward to start experimenting as soon as I had the chance

jma182
#4 Posted : 1/12/2017 3:36:25 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Infectedlsd wrote:

My personal view on this is that you need to know your own body and understand that no one experiences these substances exactly the same,it may roam in a similar spectrum but not the same, in my case i get much more from LSD than MDMA, But in my best friends case it's MDMA that works better for him, i made another post were i rant about it since it messed with my DMT experiences hahaha.

also keep in mind that even if your substance test positive for mdma, there's a likelihood that its cut with RC's or caffeine, so rarely can you get pure crystals in the streetz; but if you can get em more power to ya! remember to pace yourself, i over did it once and now im out hahaha. im sticking with DMT and LSD.

“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

Infectedlsd
#5 Posted : 1/12/2017 5:30:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In my experience Mdma works differently in different timeframes. And for different purposes. I think it's weird that it messed you're DMT experiences. How did it so? I always thought Mdma uses up certain energy substances and tryptamines help rejuvenate or even heal the so-called damage. But.. I think when you're in a stressed environment there's much more risk for oxidative stress and that might do more harm than good.

jma182
#6 Posted : 1/12/2017 6:13:38 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Infectedlsd wrote:
In my experience Mdma works differently in different timeframes. And for different purposes. I think it's weird that it messed you're DMT experiences. How did it so? I always thought Mdma uses up certain energy substances and tryptamines help rejuvenate or even heal the so-called damage. But.. I think when you're in a stressed environment there's much more risk for oxidative stress and that might do more harm than good.

Well it messed with my weed tripping that had been unlocked by DMT, so while i trip the same when i vape DMT the after effects were altered, even after using DMT last week, my mood hasnt improved that much, wich it had in the last 2 times i experimented with DMT. to this day i smoke weed and cant see jack, used to be i smoked and tripped my balls off for as long as i wanted. but now the magic is gone, even after vaping some more DMT its not back, hopefully shrooms will give the juice back to cannabis XD, i will pop some in a few months.

i think it does work in timeframes too, personally i can handle people for around 6 hours or so, after that i start getting tired and all i want to do is be alone, lay down, listen to music and think. its an interesting substance but its not for everyone. dunno if thats what you meant though

as far as stress goes im actually in a pretty good place in life, i've gotten rid of a lot of anger and causes for it. but MDMA almost sent me back to times prior to experimenting with psychedelics. and that i did not like one bit, i can control myself better when i start getting angry, a skill gained with LSD, but the 2 months prior to MDMA my mood was 95% good rarely got mad, now its like im walking on the edge once again, i get easily annoyed, i've never gotten the depression linked to mdma, it feels more like a drain of energy and health and at this time i dont have enough sauce in the noggin to sustain the changes gained from LSD and DMT. hopefully a healthier life style will help get the groove back
“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

Infectedlsd
#7 Posted : 1/12/2017 8:41:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for bringing this up mate

btw, Try tonic herbs. I hear people actually use those to increase visuals.

What I meant by stressed environment. Is not the stress on a personal level. But the bad habits in other people that reflects in ur brain possibly and in combination with mdma might cause damage but.. since you are talking about visual effect maybe there is more to say for actual 'energy'. I once saw my friend's first roll and from 50m I could see an aura surrounding him 5 mins after I gave him the mdma. And that's when I knew he took it. It's probably this same energy that gives you visuals on weed. Light milky substance

Secretly hope more people chime in with MDMA stories. And how it healed in their personal life. You know who you are. Don't be afraid to chime in and so I don't have to keep making comments and monitor it every day and I hope this thread kinda rolls off into itself Very happy

jma182
#8 Posted : 1/12/2017 9:05:10 PM

Infectedlsd wrote:

What I meant by stressed environment. Is not the stress on a personal level. But the bad habits in other people that reflects in ur brain possibly and in combination with mdma might cause damage but.. since you are talking about visual effect maybe there is more to say for actual 'energy'. I once saw my friend's first roll and from 50m I could see an aura surrounding him 5 mins after I gave him the mdma. And that's when I knew he took it. It's probably this same energy that gives you visuals on weed. Light milky substance

Secretly hope more people chime in with MDMA stories. And how it healed in their personal life. You know who you are. Don't be afraid to chime in and so I don't have to keep making comments and monitor it every day and I hope this thread kinda rolls off into itself Very happy

yeah that's coool the more the merrier!! it can indeed help a lot of people if it offers what you need to improveThumbs up

well i've never seen auras as such, that's awesome did you take some md as well or were you at base line when you saw his aura? a friend of mine saw auras on LSD.
– Friedrich Nietzsche

skoobysnax
#9 Posted : 1/12/2017 10:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A very close friend of mine was cured of disabling agoraphobia when a friend gave him MDMA. He shared this with me when we were talking about the work MAPS is doing. He is in recovery now and totally clean from all drugs but respects proper use.

I abused MDMA and every drug I could take in a former iteration of myself. After some years of recovery myself I learned of the work the Shulgins had done and about MAPS and set about my own re-entry into psycedelics from a non-recreational perspective. It has been rewarding and challenging.

I have found MDMA best used in 3 month intervals apart or more. 125mg or less to start and re-dosing 75mg or less 2hrs after effects if at all. Re-dosing increases the chance i will have a rough recovery IME. 12 to 20mg 2CB is better instead of more MDMA when the inevitable urge to re-dose comes. DMT on the comedown is remarkable in resetting my brain. The urge to re-dose leaves.

Set and setting for me are important because I have learned that MDMA puts me in an emotionally vulnerable state. It is possible to find oneself inapproriately bonding or becoming sexually vulnerable to the wrong person which can cause much more harm in the long run. I usually choose to be at home and have my journal and art supplies handy as well. Some headphones and a classic deep house mix and i am good to go. This regimen can snap me out of the funk life throws on me in a lasting way.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 1/12/2017 10:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also urge heavy caution with combinations and MDMA. The wrong combo can be deadly and i am tired of reading those horror stories.
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Infectedlsd
#11 Posted : 1/13/2017 8:58:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jma182 wrote:
Infectedlsd wrote:

yeah that's coool the more the merrier!! it can indeed help a lot of people if it offers what you need to improveThumbs up

well i've never seen auras as such, that's awesome did you take some md as well or were you at base line when you saw his aura? a friend of mine saw auras on LSD.

Thumbs up Thumbs up
I just took a lowdose md at the time but I also see it when on baseline in people who abuse crack-cocaine for example. and it's not so much an aura tbh it's more of a feint flashing that seems to emit from the head area. And it was much fuller saturated when my friend took md then when I saw it on a guy who regularly takes crack. Also the emotions reveal that he/she struggles to define what is felt. Although I don't think the crack-guy was aware of anything unusual happening.

jma182
#12 Posted : 1/13/2017 11:01:31 PM

Hmm that's very interesting, seems like you unlocked a powerful skill, and the fact that it changes from individual is peculiar, i wonder why crack users in particularly show that light. does it change in consistency or color normally or was that just with ur buddy?

Crack dude probably was halfway thru Andromeda fighting with his own shadow or something, most def he didn't notice, i've seen em run around with an open wound gushing blood like its nothing, then fight off paramedics and run off.

hell even with coca leaf you can get to those hallucinatory states, a peruvian uber driver told me about how his grandfather lost part of his cattle, got blasted on coca leaf to have visions, found the cattle within that realm and according to this guy his grand dad went to the point were he saw the cattle was in vision and presto there they were stuck in a hole, granted you have to know what you're doing, i doubt that if i ate coca leaf i would get so deep, or it can go like that doctor dude living with the witotos as told in True Hallucinations by T. Mckenna, that dude was all paranoid and shit all abusing coca leaves.

It does seem that a lot of people cant relay back what they saw or felt, while other remember pretty much all of it, funny how that works.
– Friedrich Nietzsche

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 1/15/2017 2:21:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jma182 wrote:
Infectedlsd wrote:

My personal view on this is that you need to know your own body and understand that no one experiences these substances exactly the same,it may roam in a similar spectrum but not the same, in my case i get much more from LSD than MDMA, But in my best friends case it's MDMA that works better for him, i made another post were i rant about it since it messed with my DMT experiences hahaha.

also keep in mind that even if your substance test positive for mdma, there's a likelihood that its cut with RC's or caffeine, so rarely can you get pure crystals in the streetz; but if you can get em more power to ya! remember to pace yourself, i over did it once and now im out hahaha. im sticking with DMT and LSD.

MDMA is beneficial for therapies where LSD would not be appropriate, in cases of PTSD, MDMA allows individuals to revisit their trauma in a healing and productive manner, where trying to work through the same trauma without the MDMA would likely be ineffective or would force the patient to revisit the trauma in a counter-productive or harmful manner. It allows people to become open in a very therapeutic way, it allows one to drop certain barriers which are preventing progress through their issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTABfdRqGAA
The link above is the MDMA section of "neurons to nirvana"
it's only 7 minutes long, however I feel it makes clear the therapeutic distinction between MDMA and other forms of psychedelic therapy. MDMA is an entactogen or an empathogen, not a psychedelic (though it does have psychedelic features), and is used in a slightly different manner in regards to psychotherapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vBt5KqaZQ
Neurons to nirvana (full documentary)

-eg

jma182
#14 Posted : 1/15/2017 6:31:05 PM

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
jma182 wrote:
Infectedlsd wrote:

MDMA is beneficial for therapies where LSD would not be appropriate, in cases of PTSD, MDMA allows individuals to revisit their trauma in a healing and productive manner, where trying to work through the same trauma without the MDMA would likely be ineffective or would force the patient to revisit the trauma in a counter-productive or harmful manner. It allows people to become open in a very therapeutic way, it allows one to drop certain barriers which are preventing progress through their issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTABfdRqGAA
The link above is the MDMA section of "neurons to nirvana"
it's only 7 minutes long, however I feel it makes clear the therapeutic distinction between MDMA and other forms of psychedelic therapy. MDMA is an entactogen or an empathogen, not a psychedelic (though it does have psychedelic features), and is used in a slightly different manner in regards to psychotherapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vBt5KqaZQ
Neurons to nirvana (full documentary)

-eg

yep i do agree for most MDMA might work better for PTSD, but then again you need to know yourself, i only speak for myself and based on my personal experience, i think that LSD gives the entactogen factor but much effectively, but it is easier for it to go south if you're not prepared to deal with the experience. my advise is research and when certain test for yourself, i was slightly disappointed the first time i did LSD cause i had false expectations about the substance, but now i really appreciate it for what it is and what it has done in my life.
– Friedrich Nietzsche

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 1/15/2017 10:16:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sub-psychedelic doses of mescaline can also have an overlap with MDMA in terms of the subjective effects. What's not to like? Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Infectedlsd
#16 Posted : 1/16/2017 9:32:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
A very close friend of mine was cured of disabling agoraphobia when a friend gave him MDMA. He shared this with me when we were talking about the work MAPS is doing. He is in recovery now and totally clean from all drugs but respects proper use.

I abused MDMA and every drug I could take in a former iteration of myself. After some years of recovery myself I learned of the work the Shulgins had done and about MAPS and set about my own re-entry into psycedelics from a non-recreational perspective. It has been rewarding and challenging.

I have found MDMA best used in 3 month intervals apart or more. 125mg or less to start and re-dosing 75mg or less 2hrs after effects if at all. Re-dosing increases the chance i will have a rough recovery IME. 12 to 20mg 2CB is better instead of more MDMA when the inevitable urge to re-dose comes. DMT on the comedown is remarkable in resetting my brain. The urge to re-dose leaves.

Set and setting for me are important because I have learned that MDMA puts me in an emotionally vulnerable state. It is possible to find oneself inapproriately bonding or becoming sexually vulnerable to the wrong person which can cause much more harm in the long run. I usually choose to be at home and have my journal and art supplies handy as well. Some headphones and a classic deep house mix and i am good to go. This regimen can snap me out of the funk life throws on me in a lasting way.

Awesome, I'm glad you had such a positive experience with psychedelics in the end. Perhaps one dose of MDMA is simply not satisfying to most people. I personally find it enough but I also see it in my friends who urge to redose and I have to tell them no more. I have also used mushrooms on the come-down and found it a tremendously breaking-through experience in terms of enjoyability. It's on my top 5 for sure.

Certainly a positive environment. Ideally a closed safe space. MDMA definetely can make you vulnerable. I remember feeling secluded amongst friends at the fun-fair and put my body face-down in a scarily depressed fashion. Did not feel good. But atleast it showed me true emotions. But having to have restraints and inhibitions on MDMA sounds even worse. is not a good thing for sure.

One thing that comes to mind is it's confidence-boosting factor. This in turn makes people seem to like and respect me. It's a very alluring feeling for me. Since I am generally shy and awkward. God I wish I was always liked and respected by strangers like I am on M. This is actually exactly what I hope to heal.

Quote:
I also urge heavy caution with combinations and MDMA. The wrong combo can be deadly and i am tired of reading those horror stories

Definetely. I only use tested and tried methods such as MDMA+Ketamine combos. And am certainly weary mixing in different stimulants or cross-interacting drugs. For you readers: Be careful! Don't be stupid!

What I mean for interesting combo was from personally mixing MXE by accidant without realizing there was mdma in the system from 2 hours earlier. And ended up expanding awareness to include the sound vibrations into a synesthetic experience of sound waves just in a fashion that mxe by itself could never do. Such intense pure happiness. I thought I was having Samadhi experience.

If this is reproducable it might be of use to someone who has never realized such states are even possible. I even find that MDMA use in my past comes to fruit only years later. Now I am sober. And try to reproduce it's effect naturally. Like it showed me the way that reality could be. And now I work towards making it a lasting effect..

Infectedlsd
#17 Posted : 1/16/2017 10:18:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jma182 wrote:

yep i do agree for most MDMA might work better for PTSD, but then again you need to know yourself, i only speak for myself and based on my personal experience, i think that LSD gives the entactogen factor but much effectively, but it is easier for it to go south if you're not prepared to deal with the experience. my advise is research and when certain test for yourself, i was slightly disappointed the first time i did LSD cause i had false expectations about the substance, but now i really appreciate it for what it is and what it has done in my life.

Yea LSD puts me into full-blown daemonic posession. Perhaps it is just the vulnerability of my mind but I am very weary in dosing strangers/friends since I do not have the capacity to handle my own trips.

entheogenic-gnosis
#18 Posted : 1/16/2017 2:16:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand that everybody is unique, and that you must know yourself, however, entactogens such as MDMA have unique pharmacological actions which distinguish them from other psychedelics. I distinguish entactogenic compounds from psychedelic compounds, and feel that entactogens and their unique pharmacology serve very well for certain types of psychotherapy...where I feel other psychedelics would not be appropriate...though I feel like I am repeating myself at this point, so I will just leave this one at that.

-eg

jma182
#19 Posted : 1/16/2017 5:41:46 PM

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I understand that everybody is unique, and that you must know yourself, however, entactogens such as MDMA have unique pharmacological actions which distinguish them from other psychedelics. I distinguish entactogenic compounds from psychedelic compounds, and feel that entactogens and their unique pharmacology serve very well for certain types of psychotherapy...where I feel other psychedelics would not be appropriate...though I feel like I am repeating myself at this point, so I will just leave this one at that.

-eg

and i do agree, theres a broad difference between enctactogens and psychedelics, i just get all of the good effects given by entactogens with psychedelics substances, however most of my friends dont get the same effects, most can barely function on acid, at least for a few hours, im there all happy and my friends are half torn between dimensions hahaha.

the entactogen factor of MDMA is great, it can help but also under the right settings, i've heard about people that were participants on rick doblin's studies who tried MDMA (or so they thought at least) outside of a therapeutic environment, one lady almost came out with more stress and a heavier psychological load to deal with it, others pulled thru the problems and had a good night but still it was not as benefitial as before, people rarely understand that entactogens can exacerbate any emotion you have, i've seen people getting pissed, sad, overall depressed and pretty much ruin their evening cause they cant turn off the switch and don't know how to process the emotions, I've never gone clubbing on any of these substances but just like with LSD it can go south quick if you do it wrong, heed the advice of those with more experience.

since i already abused it once i can tell ya its not worth messing with it in that manner, dont treat it like its a cup of coffee or something, and if you do abuse maybe it wont be on the first few tries but you will get your ass kicked after a while and this happens to EVERYONE, for instance my friend who had been using a lot just ran out, 2.5 grams in 6 weeks or so, and now he can barely stay conscious, he starts fainting from drinking water or just sitting on his cubicle, has a lot of memory problems, very irritable, his system got wrecked by the abuse.

treat MDMA with respect and it indeed can be a powerful ally, abuse it and it will knock you on your ass faster than young Mike Tyson was putting em to the ground in the late 80's, experiment and seek what works best for you, im personally moving towards shrooms, the benefits are intriguing particularly neurogenesis.
– Friedrich Nietzsche

skoobysnax
#20 Posted : 1/16/2017 6:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most people dont understand the mechanism of action for MDMA and think that taking more will take tbem back to repeat the experience. The 3 month interval is necessary to retain the magic and avoid nerve damage. My daughter's best friend was taking a gram a week to self treat depression only to make it worse and ending up in ICU after blacking out.

Why am I here?

12NEXT