We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Resin. The way to go. Options

freethinker
#81 Posted : 10/29/2009 9:00:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
freethinker wrote:
This is not open to interpretation. Be careful with your body and cautious of following the advice of random people on the internet.

you'll need to provide a little more than merely your opinion there partner. Mescaline and peyote/san pedro etc. are extensilvely studied and I can't find anything that shows it is overly toxic to any part of the body

A Bolivian healer (in Bolivia, who has had far more experience with these plants than anyone on this forum) cautioned me in the use of cactus in moderation as the plant is hard on the liver. Believe what you want. I'm not interested in arguing.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#82 Posted : 10/29/2009 9:48:54 PM

So a guy who's consumed far more cacti than all of us
says WE should be worried about a little divine healing every once and a while?

/me giggles

OriginalFace
#83 Posted : 10/29/2009 10:15:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

" A Bolivian healer (in Bolivia, who has had far more experience with these plants than anyone on this forum) cautioned me in the use of cactus in moderation as the plant is hard on the liver. Believe what you want. I'm not interested in arguing. "

Personally, argument by authority just pi55es me off; it demonstrates poor critical thinking abilities.

The smart ( and nice ) way to say this would be something like,

" A Bolivian healer (in Bolivia, who has considerable experience with these plants) cautioned me in the use of cactus in moderation as the plant is hard on the liver. He impressed me and so I brought this to the attention of you people, who I care about a great deal.

What are your opinions in this matter, is he correct? "

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

jamie
#84 Posted : 10/29/2009 10:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have also heard quotes from amazonian shamans saying that really only the shaman should take ayahuasca and not the patient and critisize aya tourism becasue ayahuasca is hard on the liver.

I dont really believe that though.
Long live the unwoke.

antichode
#85 Posted : 10/30/2009 12:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think people just need to listen to their own bodies for the answers. Shamans dont know any better than you when it comes to the workings of YOUR body. Wise guides of consiousness, and masters of natural remedies they may be.... But at the end of the day it is just their opinions, they are no closer to the answers than you or I

'Coatl
#86 Posted : 10/30/2009 2:16:43 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm so behind... I need to read this whole thread, but from the looks of it you guys have found a great 100% organic method for ingesting cactus.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Espiridion
#87 Posted : 10/30/2009 4:46:29 AM

--who.??..ME??--

OriginalFace. Wholeheartedly agree with your spin on proper tact and etiquette. There is a way to present information in this forum and most here respect it.

Thank you,

J

P.S. Considering the amount of APAP I ingested in the darker days a little cactus healing is worth the risk!

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

'Coatl
#88 Posted : 10/30/2009 5:06:03 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
I'm not interested in arguing.

Me neither.

Your wrong.

Peace.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Touche Guevara
#89 Posted : 10/30/2009 5:19:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
I think people just need to listen to their own bodies for the answers. Shamans dont know any better than you when it comes to the workings of YOUR body. Wise guides of consiousness, and masters of natural remedies they may be.... But at the end of the day it is just their opinions, they are no closer to the answers than you or I

Eh. Sometimes you want to trust a professional. For example, you might not notice heavy metal poisoning until it's too late, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen if scientists advise against eating fish from a certain source.

۩
#90 Posted : 10/30/2009 5:54:25 AM

where I come from,
san pedro is the professional.
Cool

Phlux-
#91 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:21:03 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

nice one hut Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Seven
#92 Posted : 10/30/2009 1:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of doses are you swims working with? Or do you just dose throughout the day until you feel the glow?
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

antichode
#93 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:

Eh. Sometimes you want to trust a professional. For example, you might not notice heavy metal poisoning until it's too late, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen if scientists advise against eating fish from a certain source.

Not doubting you there Touche, I will always listen to any well thought out and prepared study or findings of a scientific nature, I was more referring to the snake oil physical healing that a shaman can offer you.... In this instance I think you should take it all with a grain of salt and listen to your own body first. What he has to offer you in terms of perspective and insight I think is very valuable tho

69ron
#94 Posted : 10/30/2009 8:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At first I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get involved with this debate or not. But I’ll add a few words.

Many doctors believe that isolated drugs are healthier than herbal drugs. The main reason being that an isolated drug can be well studied, doses easily controlled, and the effects will be more consistent. Herbs contain many compounds other than the drug desired. Some of these other compounds are beneficial such as vitamins, minerals, etc., but some of the compounds present are toxic.

Most food contains toxic compounds that if taken in concentration would be dangerous. For example, acetone is present in a lot of fruit (found in bananas and others), but if isolated, and taken in sufficient quantities, it is toxic.

I’ve talked with herbalists who believe that whole plant drugs are healthier for you, saying that concentrated isolated drugs are more damaging to the liver, and that taking the drug in it’s natural state helps protect the liver.

There are lots of conflicting views here and most of them do make sense.

As far as cactus goes, long term regular Peyote use has been shown to produce no known health problems. It seems to be healthier than alcohol use.

I don’t know of studies done on long term Torch, Pedro, or Achuma use.

Mescaline extracted and isolated using xylene, if not properly cleaned up, is definitely unhealthy. Xylene is very toxic.

Mescaline extracted and isolated using d-limonene, if not properly cleaned up, should be just fine. D-limonene is edible and present in a lot of fruit in high quantities. It’s actually recommended by some to use 1 gram of d-limonene a day for some of it’s known health benefits.

Mescaline extracted via water and not isolated will be mixed with a ton of other compounds present in the cactus. That includes proteins, waxes, fats, oils, vitamins, minerals, all of it. So if all of it is healthy, then you’re fine. But if there’s something toxic present, then you’re better off doing a real extraction and isolating the mescaline.

There are no studies that I’m aware of that show that anything present in Torch, Pedro, or Achuma is toxic in the doses consumed for the mescaline effects.

Some people get stomach problems from whole cactus, but not from pure mescaline. Some people get stomach problems from mescaline, but not whole cactus. No one knows exactly why.

Natives have been using these cacti for hundreds of years and they appear to be just fine.

Until studies are done, we will not know one way or the other.

Mescaline has been studied as an isolated drug. It’s been studied longer than any other psychedelic. It was been shown to be relatively safe. This is known. The other alkaloids and other compounds present in the cactus have not been as extensively studied. We know very little about them.

Because of the long tradition of their use by natives who appear to be just as healthy as others, I think the health risk from using whole cactus is extremely small.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

۩
#95 Posted : 10/30/2009 9:01:01 PM

Seven wrote:
What kind of doses are you swims working with? Or do you just dose throughout the day until you feel the glow?

Well lets say you chopped up 10 inches of pedro into 1/4 inch slices and cooked it for 3 hours in some lemon juice, filtered, and evaporated.
You would have a beautiful tan resin that you could scrape up and put into 00 capsules.

I've heard that when you eat these things you can feel their golden glow instantly....!
I've also heard it's not best to take them all at once, but you can.

I've also heard so far an estimated 100mg mescaline was found in a dream to be in each capsule from a T. Pachanoi.

Remember folks, this is only recommended in places where it is legal to do so.

Jorkest
#96 Posted : 10/30/2009 9:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you also want some water in with your lemon juice Pleased
it's a sound

۩
#97 Posted : 10/31/2009 7:09:51 AM

I know a gal who was able to get over 6 visionary doses of resin (over 30 capsules) from about a foot of pachanoi!
She even reports to have spotted crystals forming in the membrane-like-resin.

I gotta say, that's pretty damn good for just evaporating some tea.

5 caps of the light tan and flaky yellow crystalline resin were reported to be VERY potent!

69ron
#98 Posted : 10/31/2009 7:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
5 caps of the light tan and flaky yellow crystalline resin were reported to be VERY potent!

Let’s be a little more informative so that people don’t get the wrong idea about what these kinds of techs are capable of. It's not like mescaline where 300 mg is the same potency no matter what cactus you extracted it from. With this easy tech, 5 caps could be a nice trip or do nothing at all, all depending on the potency of the cactus used. So don’t be surprised if you use this tech and get no effects from 5 caps.

Some cactus contains extremely small amounts of mescaline. SWIM has seen potency ranges from 0.01% to 0.5% for outer cactus flesh. If you have the high end then this tech is great. If you have the low end potency cactus, good luck getting any effects at all with 5 caps.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

۩
#99 Posted : 10/31/2009 7:46:43 AM

Maybe so, but I have only heard of amazing results so far...

My friend even suggests taking 2 of these for a good dose. 5 was on the heavy side...

Know your pedros! It's like knowing how good your aya vine is before you brew it. Get to know and form a relationship with your pedros if possible.

If this isn't possible and you're working with some random chips then improvise. It's not like you have anything to be afraid of. If you're a super precise person and don't want to risk a little bit of bliss then don't...lol...

either way, the resin is medicine.
this isn't just some amazing psychedelic and empatheogenic drug.
anyone who works with it will see what I mean by this.

happy hauntings + healings

Jorkest
#100 Posted : 10/31/2009 3:09:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

absolutely...this medicine is something else...

the great thing about this tek is that you can eat one cap..and find out its potency...if you feel nothing from one cap..then most likely your cacti isnt too much...but if one cap makes you feel really nice...then 5 will work even better!
it's a sound

«PREV34567NEXT»