We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Resin. The way to go. Options

The Traveler
#41 Posted : 10/27/2009 11:08:44 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi House,

Thank you for the write up. I made an Wiki entry for this:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ouse%27s_Cacti_Resin_Tek

After 69ron's post and the rest of the thread I really wonder how this feels compared to pure Mescaline. My San Pedro should arrrive this week. Razz

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Macre
#42 Posted : 10/27/2009 12:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks like quite an interesting tek, which I've spoken to Jorkest and House about over the last few days. I'm certainly going to give this a try very soon, as well as carrying out full extractions in the near future.

My results and comparisons shall of course be posted here, I'm certainly looking forward to experimenting though.

Peace,

Mare.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Seven
#43 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:11:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim tried this years ago. He reduced down 24" of fresh san pedro to 2 doses. We consumed this tar like substance and no effects were felt at all. Is it possible to over heat, and cook off all the mesc? Swim would like to try it again after hearing good reports though. It was swims first attempt and he probably screwed it up somehow.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

69ron
#44 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:03:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The main downfall in this tech, as with many other similar techs, will be heat. If too much heat is used the mescaline comes apart.

If you do it right and watch that the temperature doesn’t get too high, this tech will work. There have been lots of people who have successfully used this tech long before it was posted here. This tech appears in one of my old books on cactus, which is decades old. I believe this tech also appears on Erowid, as I do recall seeing it there.

The results are similar to taking whole cactus unless too much heat is used. If too much heat is used the effects become more sedated, less magical, as the mescaline gets lost to the heat. So watch the heat.

You’ll need to ingest quite a bit of this tar to get a trip. A trip worth will not fit in a single capsule. You’ll need maybe a dozen or so for a trip. I know in the opening post they mention 5, but that is not SWIM’s experience at all. For SWIM, 1 capsule did nothing. He needed at least 10 for some effects. Perhaps if you have super potent cactus, 5 would be enough for a good trip as stated in the opening post.

This is a simple tech. It’s just making tea, filtering, and evaporating it down. That’s it. The difficult part of this tech is filtering the slimy cactus.

It will not result in anything near the potency of what you’ll get with a real extraction, nor will the strength be at all consistent. With a real extraction, you can fit a gigantic dose of mescaline in 1 capsule no matter how impotent your original cactus was. This method solely depends on the potency of your cactus so the tar will vary greatly from batch to batch depending on the potency of the cactus. This is the main reason SWIM prefers pure mescaline. With pure mescaline you know exactly how much you’re using. There’s no guess work.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ginkgo
#45 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
The main downfall in this tech, as with many other similar techs, will be heat. If too much heat is used the mescaline comes apart.

What would qualify as "too much heat"?

۩
#46 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:37:58 PM

yes 69ron, those are the differences,
but let us not argue here.

after working with pedro numerous ways for years, I've found the simplest most effective way to work with my ally.
I was rewarded greatly for this.

yes, the trick is to not boil too hard. do a light, and long, simmer. results are absolutely profound.

OriginalFace
#47 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:48:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, House,

Do you use any special technique for filtering the goo. This seems to be a stickyWink point for many.

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

jamie
#48 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

does cactus really varry that much?..is it just pachanoi? I have never had pachanoi only peruvianus..and 10 grams dry is ALWAYS very powerful for me..complete with visual hallucinations..5 grams even gave me visuals and a VERY nice trip.

I have only used 1 single vendor though..but the cactus is always good..and I never buy pedro..only torch. Now I grow torch becasue of those reasons..so do people really get that much of a difference between even true torch cacti?

It would really suck to have to eat 50 or 60 grams of dry cactus just to trip..

When I hear about some of the ammounts of cactus people need to consume it sounds just horrible! I couldn't imagine having a pleasant trip with that much cactus in me!

10 grams of my cactus could certainly fit into 2 or 3 capsules when extracted I think..I wouldnt want cactus that is weeker..I am glad I started with torch!
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#49 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:51:03 PM

OriginalFace wrote:
Hi, House,

Do you use any special technique for filtering the goo. This seems to be a stickyWink point for many.

OF

just a t shirt was sufficient.

69ron
#50 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Filtering took SWIM at least an hour. A few minutes? How did you filter it? (EDIT: NEVER MIND. THIS WAS ANSWERED WHILE I POSTED THIS)

Nausea is a tricky thing with cactus and mescaline. Some people are more prone to nausea from pure mescaline, others are more prone to nausea from a whole cactus extract, and others are more prone to nausea from fresh cactus. Everyone is different. SWIM doesn't get nausea or stomach problems from any of these so it's a non-issue for SWIM.

As to the effect you get, they are very different and SWIM greatly prefers pure mescaline.

SWIM is not a fan of sedatives and in San Pedro, in particular, the impurities are sedating to SWIM. He’d rather not have them mess up his mescaline experience. He normally extracts and isolates the impurities from the mescaline. The impurities with the sedative effect are soluble in IPA and acetone as hydrochlorides but mescaline is not, so they are easily separated from mescaline. One of the impurities has some sort of MAOI activity, and for that reason they can make the mescaline a little more potent.

Where is Coatl? Coatl would probably love this tech.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

۩
#51 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:54:16 PM

well another trick is to use whole live chunks, not blended cacti, it is very easy to filter!

jorkest said he just tilted the crock pot to filter...!!!

69ron
#52 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:58:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
does cactus really varry that much?

SWIM found they all vary greatly in potency, with torch varying the most out of them all. I think you’ll find everyone has a different view on this because everyone gets their cactus from different sources, and genetics plays a big part of this, as does growing conditions, time of year, etc.

۩
#53 Posted : 10/27/2009 7:59:10 PM

You may find it hard to scrape the resin up from the pan. If so, let it stand for a day.

balaganist
#54 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to do this tek with dried cactus?

I have some fresh pedro, but would rather use dried chips for now...
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

antichode
#55 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well swim wont knock it till he tries it.... He is super greatful to ron because he has a nice pile of almost pure hcl that is without a doubt leaps and bounds ahead of acetate... 250 to 300mg is in SWIMS eyes, entheogenic bliss in itslef. For SWIM, he didnt like the other alkaloids that were in the acetate, he also tried them on their own after converting to hcl and didnt like them then either, muscle tension, sedation and dizzyness..... It will be interesting to see how the full unadulterated spectrum of the cactus works for SWIM

69ron
#56 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:27:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
well swim wont knock it till he tries it.... He is super greatful to ron because he has a nice pile of almost pure hcl that is without a doubt leaps and bounds ahead of acetate... 250 to 300mg is in SWIMS eyes, entheogenic bliss in itslef. For SWIM, he didnt like the other alkaloids that were in the acetate, he also tried them on their own after converting to hcl and didnt like them then either, muscle tension, sedation and dizzyness..... It will be interesting to see how the full unadulterated spectrum of the cactus works for SWIM

You will feel the other alkaloids for sure with this tech. Less so if you use Torch.

Keep in mind that HEAT is your enemy here. The less heat you use, the better the results. The more heat, the more of the other alkaloids you'll experience. Sedation, tension, dizziness, etc., those are from the non-mescaline alkaloids present. They are apparently more heat stable than mescaline is, so really go easy on the heat, or your end product will not be so good.

The non-mescaline alkaloids greatly alter the effects of mescaline, being that they are sedatives mostly. There is one that is not a sedative though, and it is quite nice. I don’t know the name of it, but it is euphoric, stimulating, similar to mescaline, but short acting. Sometimes it’s present in greater amounts than the sedative ones, and in those cases the trip can be very nice.

One thing is for sure, with this method, you’ll get varying results all the time. The alkaloid ratio will vary, and the potency will vary. So the effects you get are highly dependent on the cactus you use. If your cactus is high in mescaline and low in the other alkaloids, like some Torch cacti are, then you’ll experience a trip like that of pure mescaline. But if your cactus is high in the other alkaloids, then you’ll experience a trip that is very unlike mescaline.

This extraction method is most interesting when Achuma is used as the source cactus. Achuma contains a lot of non-mescaline alkaloids that are active. It’s an interesting experience, but SWIM still prefers pure mescaline HCl.

Kannamate
#57 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:36:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does SWIM prefer achuma over the others, is achuma sedating at all?

۩
#58 Posted : 10/27/2009 9:25:09 PM

Kannamate wrote:
does SWIM prefer achuma over the others, is achuma sedating at all?

achuma is bridgesii right? or am I wrong?

quite the zapper of electricity if you ask me.

Quote:
Is it possible to do this tek with dried cactus?

I have some fresh pedro, but would rather use dried chips for now...

not sure! someone needs to try to let us know.

Jorkest
#59 Posted : 10/27/2009 11:05:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i have some dried cacti im going to try this with...but yes...filtering took all of 20 seconds..because i didnt blend the cacti...i used live chunks..

AND today before work i took ONE cap...and felt the amazing anti-depressant effects of cacti all day...this is from one little cap...

while working i had an idea for those of you that like your pure mescaline....do this cacti tea...with low heat as has been said...then once you get a reduced liquid...freebase it and then pull with d-limo...this way..you wont be squeezing d-limo from your cacti..and all you have to work with is this resin filled water...which seems like it would be way easier..

personally i like this tek a lot...its simple...its natural...and you are taking the cacti as what it is...and nothing else...no removing parts that you rather not experience....its an experience..just like eating mushrooms...sometimes you dont know what to expect...but i have never felt so much healing from cacti before
it's a sound

۩
#60 Posted : 10/27/2009 11:27:33 PM

Quote:
sometimes you dont know what to expect...but i have never felt so much healing from cacti before

My faith is with san pedro, always.
I have not done this much healing with any other entheogen ever.

(physically and emotionally)

PREV12345NEXT»