We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1617181920NEXT
Resin. The way to go. Options

Nzym
#341 Posted : 2/26/2010 11:21:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone. My friend tried using sugar to stabilize the mass and that did the trick. Unfortunately he finds the taste of the resin to be extremely repulsive, so any easy method of eliminating the taste is worth it to him, especially given the volume necessary to achieve a strong trip.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#342 Posted : 2/26/2010 1:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

why are you tasting the resin? as I said, roll it in pellets, roll around flour, swallow like pill... the flour will coat it and you wont feel anything

Nzym
#343 Posted : 2/26/2010 5:45:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a good point. My friend ran out of capsules anyways, and there's still at least half the resin mass left, so I think he'll give that a try as well.

coalescentdivide
#344 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:04:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM read through this entire thread last week and given all the wonderful things everyone has to say, he obtained yesterday two san pedro cuttings approximately 2 feet each and 3 inches diameter. SWIM spent a good deal of time reading about cacti in the past week and is very excited since this is the first time he is working with cactus, and nobody has anything bad to say about it.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." -Blake

coalescentdivide
#345 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so my imaginary friend told me that last night he put 2 ft of cactus chunked in a pot to simmer for about 6 hours, then strained and put the chunks in the freezer. He asked me to find out if he should do the second simmer with fresh water and lemon, or with the liquid from the first simmer?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." -Blake

endlessness
#346 Posted : 2/28/2010 11:03:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fresh water... and do a third simmer too!

coalescentdivide
#347 Posted : 2/28/2010 1:26:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats what he ended up doing, figured it was a silly question in retrospect. He was extremely stoned when he asked Razz

Also was going to do a third one, need to get more lemon so it will have to wait til tonight. Resin is drying in the oven, its at 170 cause thats the lowest temp it goes...thats not a big deal right?

coalescentdivide
#348 Posted : 3/3/2010 5:56:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So swim tested his resin the other night, alone, before embarking on a journey with his friend. He figured he would start low, just to see what the effects would be like. He ate about 3 and a half grams of the resin (2 at first then another 1.5 2 hours later) which were balled up in (about) 1 gram sized balls that very much resembled cocoa puffs or bunny turds. Swim couldn't tell if he was actually feeling anything, or if it was just placebo, but he felt very relaxed, open, and awake but slightly sedated. He had some heartburn from eating the resin (he had an empty stomach eccept for some raisins and fruit punch), but it gave way into a mild euphoria. It was very late at night when taken and he had no trouble falling asleep 6 hours later. He was smoking bud all night as well, so it could have been just that. Smoking a small amount of spice also seemed to last a little longer than usual.

Swim is wondering if his cactus is just not that strong, or he did something wrong? Swim left it on a low simmer and at one point he caught it boiling JUST ALITTLE and immediately corrected it. When he goes on his journey tomorrow night he is planning to split the rest of it with his friend which will be about 10 grams each. Even if it is weak, should that be enough to feel something?

Bancopuma
#349 Posted : 3/4/2010 5:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yo dude,

I don't want to lower morale, but I personally wouldn't risk drying my resin at those temperatures...just to be on the safe side. I use a heat mat, the kind used for reptiles, bought off Ebay, which is perfect.

Obviously, potency of your resin depends entirely on the potency of the cactus you are working with...however I have used this tek with profoundly successul results.

I used a homegrown Peruvian torch, that wasn't particularly old, so I didn't think it would be particularly potent. Also, I was at university when the resin was drying, so it was exposed to the heat mat for 3 days, when it was likely already dry. Thus, working with this likely not particularly potent cactus, and heating the resin for a prolonged time, I didn't think my resin would show much activity. However, unlike everyone else here it seems, my resin dried to this hard, crystalline, glass like consistency, which made it easy to powder and put in capsules.

However, 2g of this resin was the most potent extract of cactus I have ever ingested. It was stronger than 250mg of torch acetate, and it had a smoothier and fluffier high, with a more pronounced body high that was very pleasant. To be honest I would have considered it too good to be true, had I not experienced it myself. Of all the expeirences I've had with cactus extracts, this also produced the strongest euphoria, being very similar to MDMA. So after this experience I am a fully fledged resin convert... Wink

soxy bastard
#350 Posted : 3/5/2010 3:37:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rule of thumb; If the alkaloids will withstand boiling they will withstand 170f oven to dry the resin.I do not go over 200F drying anything that will withstand boiling. If it cant take boiling( shroom extractions) then I cool dry over dessicant for H2O based extracts and reduced pressure for solvents(hydrocarbon)
SB

PlainCoil
#351 Posted : 3/6/2010 4:37:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is currently evaporating a very clear cold water extraction of dried torch chips.

He ground up 20g of torch chips and put them in a jar with a substantial quantity of room temperature citric acid water. He waited a while, then noticed an amber-green water layer separating from the chunks.

"Holy shit," he thought, "I could filter this!" And he did. It slowly, but surely, passed through a coffee filter yielding a very nice looking transparent green-brown tea.

He then added more acid water to the powder, and added it all to an improvised herbal percolator (just an alcohol bottle with cotton balls) through which it drained very slowly.

After an hour of draining, he was left with a pretty large quantity of this tea, which is in a dish now, evaporating.

Apparently the cold water does not pick up much slime, allowing for easy filtering. SWIM is hoping that this tea evaporates into a nice, crystalline resin.

The evaporation is taking forever, though. It has been in front of a fan for 15+ hours, and is still painfully far away from dryness. He has a space heater set up next to the dish, but it is only to remove moisture from the air - it does not heat up the dish or the liquid at all.

SWIM is almost ready to bust out the blow drier.

mew
#352 Posted : 3/7/2010 7:31:51 AM

huachumancer

why a cold water extract?

why a cold water extract plus a hair dryer?

id try a room temperature extract with something like everclear, not water though, and preferably id have double boiled the ethanol anyway.

im sticking with lemon tea's and raw flesh as of now though, they do the trick, never less than 15 hours from chew to snooze

though these methods are pretty gross, its just what i have to work with

Ginkgo
#353 Posted : 3/12/2010 10:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a rather large amount of cacti in powdered form. Will I be able to filter out this with a coffee-filter, to yield a tea I can reduce to a resin? As mescaline is very heat sensitive, how much heat should I use? And last, how long should the tea be allowed to cook? Is around two hours enough?

Thank you in advance.

Ginkgo
#354 Posted : 3/13/2010 1:58:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the San Pedro powder became a slimy goo, likely not possible to filter even if I gave it a full day. I am just going to evaporate the water and get the powder back. The Achuma powder on the other hand, did not become as slimy at all. It takes some time to filter, but it is manageable. I'm looking forward to try the resin!

Touche Guevara
#355 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:24:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The powder should work, just add more acidic water. Maybe strain it through a metal screen before the coffee filter.

Ginkgo
#356 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even the Achuma powder takes a looong time to filter, I see now. I will leave the two coffee filters to be done, and evaporate the water from the rest. It just takes too much time after some of the slimy goo is stuck in the filter.

Touche Guevara
#357 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:39:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

To get technical, filtering isn't even necessary. Decanting the water would work fine, you'd just want to do pulls until it was no longer bitter and then you'd have a lot to evap.

panoramix
#358 Posted : 3/24/2010 9:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hola i made my resin. but you are tolking aBOUT 5 caps for candyflip affect but what size caps do you use i have (000) caps.

greedr panoramix
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

obliguhl
#359 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:21:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

400g of san pedro has been simmered for over 10 hours and soaked for way longer. And it was still bitter. Yield: 7-8g of slimy resin. With 120mg, i can feel the "other" alcs, double that dose and there is a definite sense of mescaline. But its very hard to actually compare acetates to resin, it feels different. Stronger in a way, weaker in another way. Looking foreward to taking 1g resin next.

obliguhl
#360 Posted : 5/3/2010 8:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2g resin is fantastic, much stronger than 350mg acetate for me. Coffee is key as always...it got really nice after a cup. The day was spent in the park, lying around in joy, walking around in joy...saving those little precious moments for darker times. Its foggier than acetates, but stronger and feels fuller....no nausea. Very nice ...like 0.6g mushrooms without visuals and with a soft, euphoric edge.

«PREV1617181920NEXT