We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Divinorum Toxicity to animals? Options

sheep
#1 Posted : 1/5/2017 2:37:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all.

This may come across as a benighted request of information.

However.

I was wondering if anyone has ever read up or experienced Salvia Divinorum leaves being exposed to small animals. Specifically small reptiles or rodents. Has there been much research with animals regarding salvia and if so was it found to be toxic? Has anyone here experienced this personally with a pet they've had that may of been exposed to it?

I was just interested to know if there is any in depth research on just exactly how toxic (if at all) a salvia divinorum plant could actually be to different types of organisms, specifically smaller reptiles.

Thanks and I apologize if this comes off as an unlettered topic.

Twisted Evil

- sheep

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 1/5/2017 3:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

That's actually a good idea for people with animals that share their living space who foster psychoactive plants as well.

I don't know if any research on animal toxicity in and of itself, but most, if not all human research is preceded animal testing. Rick Doblin often bemoans this fact as a unfortunate necessity. However, beyond simple lethality, i doubt there's much useful information in published papers.

Sorry i couldn't be of any help with info, i just want to support the idea of compiling a companion animal/plant safety database
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 1/5/2017 4:10:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Single injection of novel kappa opioid receptor agonist salvinorin A attenuates expression of cocaine induced behavioral sensitization in rats

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC3306836/

Bonus if your pets have a cocaine problem
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken