We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV91011
The Mescaline Extraction Thread Options

doubledog
#201 Posted : 6/13/2023 9:19:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dasein wrote:
So I mixed the toluene from the previous pull with dilute HCl, then I put it back into the extraction bottle, heated it up in water bath, shook it vigorously and for long periods of time and I did that for several times over more than an hour. Then I pulled it out and added some benzoic acid, no clouding!

Your situation could be different, but last time it took me one week to do 9 pulls, ime few hours are not enough.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

modern
#202 Posted : 6/21/2023 6:58:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does mescaline acetate always go gooey/oily? I dried my vinegar pull and it was completely dry but I let it sit and it turned oily I assume either pulling moisture from the air or because not cold enough since acetic acid melting point is 16.6C?
modern attached the following image(s):
IMG_8180.JPG (2,236kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
IMG_8178.JPG (3,034kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#203 Posted : 6/22/2023 1:15:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

modern wrote:
Does mescaline acetate always go gooey/oily? I dried my vinegar pull and it was completely dry but I let it sit and it turned oily I assume either pulling moisture from the air or because not cold enough since acetic acid melting point is 16.6C?
It is very common to observe crude mescaline acetate as being gooey.

Hygroscopic salts ("pulling moisture from the air") are not exactly uncommon. Any small excess of acetic acid could enhance liquefaction too. This could occur through the formation of a biacetate anion which subsequently dissociates in the presence of atmospheric moisture, at least maybe. It's also to do with how mescaline and acetic acid are relatively weak as a base and an acid, respectively.

The bit about the temperature and the m.p. of acetic acid is something of a red herring. If you dried with heat, surely it would have stayed melted. And take a look at mesc sulfate - the m.p. of sulfuric acid is far lower than that of acetic acid and yet mesc sulfate crystals are nice and stable.

What's all the brown powdery stuff in your product? It looks as though you could have done with being a little more careful in the separation of various phases during the extraction.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Wolfnippletip
#204 Posted : 6/22/2023 2:37:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FWIW I inadvertently freeze-dried some sticky full spectrum mescaline acetate by storing it in the freezer in a mat finish type silicone container. Over the course of about 4 months it went from about 10 grams to about 8 grams and became much more dry and crumbly.

https://www.amazon.com/V...-1594483532820&psc=1
Wolfnippletip attached the following image(s):
71oq4-jlajL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (129kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

modern
#205 Posted : 6/22/2023 3:58:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
modern wrote:
It is very common to observe crude mescaline acetate as being gooey.

Hygroscopic salts ("pulling moisture from the air") are not exactly uncommon. Any small excess of acetic acid could enhance liquefaction too. This could occur through the formation of a biacetate anion which subsequently dissociates in the presence of atmospheric moisture, at least maybe. It's also to do with how mescaline and acetic acid are relatively weak as a base and an acid, respectively.

The bit about the temperature and the m.p. of acetic acid is something of a red herring. If you dried with heat, surely it would have stayed melted. And take a look at mesc sulfate - the m.p. of sulfuric acid is far lower than that of acetic acid and yet mesc sulfate crystals are nice and stable.

What's all the brown powdery stuff in your product? It looks as though you could have done with being a little more careful in the separation of various phases during the extraction.

Yea I didn't use filter paper nor cotton balls at any point and only decanted and siphoned each phase.

Someone on reddit shared that lab test showed it was mostly carbohydrates and after a cold MEK wash it was around 70% impurities but ended up with clean white crystals. I did a wash (not MEK) and it seems to have cleaned up my product quite well. I'll see if another wash helps and try crystallization but due to the same scale and lack of glass to accommodate the size might prove too difficult.

modern
#206 Posted : 6/24/2023 4:58:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I did a filtration and a pull of the goo and it seems that the goo is from the impurities. I'm currently on my 5th pull to remove impurities and here is what was removed. After a while it turns oil/gooey. I'm gonna end up with around 300+ mg which I will try to crystalize. The photos show the original goo acetate extract, the brown shavings are the impurities which have been pulled and filtered once
modern attached the following image(s):
IMG_8391.JPG (2,626kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
IMG_8390.JPG (1,987kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
IMG_8239.JPG (2,011kb) downloaded 62 time(s).

«PREV91011