We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Understanding the Void Options

friken
#1 Posted : 12/21/2016 4:44:15 AM

I have gazed into the eyes of insanity and returned the smile

The void is a place out side of the singular thought..... And let there be light. For in light there is dark and the pain or elation of duality are spawned. Every soul seeks to be free. Free from what? Free from the duality we create from birth. Mother, father, son, daughter, right, wrong. All the hooks of duality are the hooks of humanity. Duality is the absence of freedom. In stillness, find the void and find the rejection of the singular thought.... and let there be light. To accept the notion of good one creates the notion for evil. In stillness one just is... in stillness the chains of duality have no hold.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 12/21/2016 1:31:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Reminds me of the Tibetan concept of the bardo...

-eg

D.REYx420
#3 Posted : 12/21/2016 4:27:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Glad I had a random urge to click this
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 12/25/2016 3:03:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The experience of the void has been described as, "limitless, negative(clear), feminine, light". Obviously an attempt to convey the translinguistic, particularly to the uninitiated. In this context "negative" implies not black, not white. "Feminine" conveys creative/nurturing/sustaining.

The medicines may give an experience that could be described such.

Merry Christmas Nexus.

Peace

friken
#5 Posted : 1/10/2017 9:55:09 PM

It is interesting for me to go back and read this.... It was typed within the minutes of coming down from a vaped dmt trip. It seemed really important to write down at the time. What I find most interesting is how impossible it is to describe a state outside of duality (the void) without using words which are a duality... ie stillness / freedom / etc all have their opposite of non still, not free. Nice little paradox of trying to convey the state of existing in the void or not existing without describing it w duality terms.

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 1/11/2017 2:13:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

friken wrote:
It is interesting for me to go back and read this.... It was typed within the minutes of coming down from a vaped dmt trip. It seemed really important to write down at the time. What I find most interesting is how impossible it is to describe a state outside of duality (the void) without using words which are a duality... ie stillness / freedom / etc all have their opposite of non still, not free. Nice little paradox of trying to convey the state of existing in the void or not existing without describing it w duality terms.

Quote:
Metaphorically, DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once one knows about it, it is very hard for others to understand what one is talking about. One cannot be heard. The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand. This is why I think people who attain enlightenment, if we may for a moment comap these two, are silent. They are silent because we cannot understand them. Why the phenomenon of tryptamine ecstasy has not been looked at by scientists, thrill seekers, or anyone else, I am not sure, but I recommend it to your attention.

~ Terence McKenna, The Archaic Revival: Speculations on Psychedelics, Mushrooms, the Amazon,
Virtual Reality, UFO’s, Evolution, Shamanism, the Rebirth of the Goddess, & the End of History. (1991).

Quote:
Any attempts to begin to describe the DMT experience is fraught with the immediate dangers of either over-simplification or a swift flight into metaphor since it is almost impossible to describe with words alone the fantastic swirling multi-faceted gateway visions that are only the beginning of the DMT experience. Intrepid travelers report that past these jeweled-gates can be found mechanical-Elves, Aliens, Egyptian Gods, temples, pyramids, and palaces of pulsating light, and some would say, the entire possible population of the Collective Unconsciousness. A magical place where the totality of phenomenal existence can be experienced in an often terrifying transpersonal flash. No two DMT experiences are alike, and no two people should expect any similarity in their individual experiences. (Unless, in one of the many mysteries of the DMT zone, two experiences are indeed shared as One!) It is commonly said that DMT causes far many more questions than it does answers; for it is a flowerbed for all the mystery in the Universe. Mystery is an increasingly difficult thing to find in our Fact-or-Fiction society but the on-going mapping of this tryptamine accessed Inter-Zone may ultimately lead to the birth of powerful new spiritual metaphors for Mankind, and a new Mythology great enough to both resonate within us and encompass the incredible Universe we all occupy. So in this section, you will find collated here a number of DMT accounts as recounted by different psychonauts over the last 40 years, each one mapping out a small piece of this mysterious 8th continent of the Mind.
http://www.dmtsite.com/d...tions_of_experience.html

-eg

friken
#7 Posted : 1/11/2017 8:05:25 PM

Quote:
Metaphorically, DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once one knows about it, it is very hard for others to understand what one is talking about. One cannot be heard. The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand. This is why I think people who attain enlightenment, if we may for a moment comap these two, are silent. They are silent because we cannot understand them. Why the phenomenon of tryptamine ecstasy has not been looked at by scientists, thrill seekers, or anyone else, I am not sure, but I recommend it to your attention.

~ Terence McKenna, The Archaic Revival: Speculations on Psychedelics, Mushrooms, the Amazon,
Virtual Reality, UFO’s, Evolution, Shamanism, the Rebirth of the Goddess, & the End of History. (1991).

So very true. The crazy making of dmt and entheogens in general is one usually gets the idea that sharing their new found knowledge is a good idea but then quickly learn how difficult that really is.

null24
#8 Posted : 1/11/2017 9:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes, therein lies the rub. Many of us, experiencing this profound state desire to communicate it. We experience total understanding, however brief, and want to convey it's terrifying beauty yet by the very nature of a non dual transcendent reality it is impossible to translate into language.

One who has been there perfectly understands, but just as i closed the cover of many books on mystical spirituality, and shook my head in frustration at my inability to grasp thethe obtuse language before i fell myself into the void, others who have not will look askance at our descriptions.

Perhaps only poetry and art are the tools that we have been given to communicate the uncommunicatable.

And these (∆from "yes" to "God"Pleased are just words of a monkey who thinks it saw God.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#9 Posted : 1/12/2017 12:30:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Every time im there deep deeeeeep in the thick of a powerful breakthrough, the thought of:

"Hahaha, to ever think that anything that I ever said had any sort of grasp on this experience, yeah right!!" Laughing Twisted Evil

Linguistical stumble-on-my-face x1000, try as we/I do, it will never draw That out into our primnate-domain.

The only way that i've felt was possible to understand it - is to experience it. That's it. To understand It, you got to become it.

Art and poetry can touch it occasionally.

Speaking in paradox and riddles can sometimes come awful close..

friken
#10 Posted : 1/12/2017 4:32:26 AM

tatt wrote:
Every time im there deep deeeeeep in the thick of a powerful breakthrough, the thought of:

"Hahaha, to ever think that anything that I ever said had any sort of grasp on this experience, yeah right!!" Laughing Twisted Evil

Linguistical stumble-on-my-face x1000, try as we/I do, it will never draw That out into our primnate-domain.

The only way that i've felt was possible to understand it - is to experience it. That's it. To understand It, you got to become it.

I wish you guys/gals lived next door.....Oh the great conversations over a cup of tea we would have Smile words would fail us but we would keep at it. Maybe make some art and poetry

#11 Posted : 1/12/2017 10:50:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

friken wrote:
tatt wrote:

I wish you guys/gals lived next door.....Oh the great conversations over a cup of tea we would have Smile words would fail us but we would keep at it. Maybe make some art and poetry

Thumbs up

As much as we've probably reiterated things over the years on this forum, it's still a good time to talk about these things, despite the major inadequacies we present in our ability to language and put form to the formless.

To quote an awesome nexian from one of my experience report threads several years back, and something I completely agree with and has stuck with me since:

Felnik wrote:
I feel you man I know exactly what your saying. An experience like that is life changing
I have never looked at the world the same since that happened to me.

I find it amusing when people say its just a drug or its all a hallucination or a product of the mind.
Or people that have done it once or sometimes not at all coming up with these definitive theories etc.
Its quite humorous really.

Its a sacred secret that very few know. Its a precious jewel to hold close to you for the rest of you life.
You don't have to understand it . SImply knowing it exists is all you need.

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 1/12/2017 2:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

friken wrote:

Quote:

So very true. The crazy making of dmt and entheogens in general is one usually gets the idea that sharing their new found knowledge is a good idea but then quickly learn how difficult that really is.

Quote:
I’ve paid very close attention when these experiences were happening to me, and there always seems to be loose ends that argue against whatever hypotheses seems currently most attractive, and though Jacques didn’t mention it today I recall in his book The Invisible College he stressed the absurdity that seems to attend the contact experience. That if the contactee will truly tell the unvarnished truth then there will be elements in the story which will make the contactee look like a moron, in other words, the invalidation of the experience is an inimical part of its structure, almost as though the entities were saying, well you may tell this story if you wish, but if you’ll tell it truthfully you’ll be taken for a fool. Well there’s nothing wrong with being taken for a fool except that it does peal the phenomenon rather nicely away from the very sober ladies and gentleman who are making there careers in some branch of science. They are not interested in investigating the kinky, the anecdotal, the possibly pathological. -terence McKenna

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 1/12/2017 2:22:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

friken wrote:

Like a linguistic Coincidentia oppositorum

(Though opposites define one another rather than negating each other, and without an opposite and contradicting force, something in it self could not exist, as it would be known as an unchanging constant)

This union of opposites is an inimical piece of our existance...

Going off topic, sorry.

-eg

friken
#14 Posted : 1/12/2017 9:17:44 PM

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

This union of opposites is an inimical piece of our existance...

.... and yet dmt very often provides an experience outside of duality. The futility of trying to use a human brain, human language, to convey what experience outside of duality is like is maddening.

#15 Posted : 1/13/2017 11:00:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

From Book 9 of the Corpus Hermeticum, something that is in line with what I mentioned above:

tatt wrote:

Book 9: Corpus Hermeticum wrote:
“If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like. Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can apprehend God. But if you shut up your soul in your body, and abase yourself, and say “I know nothing, I can do nothing; I am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know not what I was, nor what I shall be,” then what have you to do with God?”

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 1/15/2017 5:06:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

All you that faine philosophers would be,
And night and day in Geber's kitchen broyle,
Wasting the chips of ancient Hermes' Tree,
Weening to turn them to a precious oyle,
The more you work the more you lose and spoil,
To you I say, how learned soe'er you be,
Go and burn your books and come learn of me...
-Ed Kelley

I've been fairly disorganized the last few days, I'm invested in quite a few projects at the moment and things tend to get fairly hectic, any way, I apologize fir the disorganization, and while I could not find the initial.excerpts which I was seeking, I feel there is still some valuable information in the following post

Quote:
tatt said: The only way that i've felt was possible to understand it - is to experience it. That's it. To understand It, you got to become it

To me this statement made above is the basis of all shamanism...

Quote:

I have been a slender sword
A drop in the air
A shining bright star
A letter amoung words
-6th century bard taliesin shamanic writing

such statements were for a long time seen as poetic bombast, But in more recent times they have been accepted as accounts of actual experiences, when a taliesin speaks of having "been" a sword, or a drop of rain or a star, he means that he has literally experienced what it means to be so completely at one with the things he sees and hears in such a way, that he feels as if he were indeed one of them.

-Mathews;shamanism bible

Shamanism from all times and places was based on experience, observation, and interpretation.

I see the alchemists as seeking the lapis philosophorum, while the Entheogenic shamans were in possession of it all along...but this is another thread all together.

For some reason I felt this (below) applied, I apologize for its length, and would also like to mention that who ever transcribed it made several mistakes, not necessarily grammar, but placing in the wrong word where they did not understand was terence was saying...any way:
Quote:

http://www.mysterium.com/tmalchemy1.html
The two distinguishing factors that stand out, at least for me, that I think you need to incorporate into your thinking about hermeticism, two very important concepts. The first is the divinity of human beings-an extraordinarily radical idea in the context of late Hellenistic thinking. We all operate under the spell of the concept of the fall of man. Man is an inferior being, errors were made in the Garden of Eden and that we are far, far from the nature of divinity. All magic, and all magic in the West is derivative from this tradition, takes the position that man is a divine being, men and women are divine beings. The Corpus Hermeticum actually refers to man as God's brother and this is a double-edged perception. It gives tremendous dignity to the human enterprise but it also raises the possibility of the error of pride and hubris.

In the Renaissance, Marcello Ficino boiled this notion down to the aphorism "man is the measure of all things." And you may notice that this is the position of science, that man is the measure of all things, that it is up to us, we can decide the course of the cosmos. All magic stems from this position. This is why the church was so concerned to stamp out magic-because it assigns man an importance that the church would rather reserve for deity. So that's the first great division between Christian thinking and hermetic thinking. An entirely different conception of what human beings are and when we get into the text, I'll read you some of these passages.

Now, the second distinguishing factor, and notice that position on man empowers tremendous freedom, man is the measure of all things, the second distinguishing factor in hermeticism is the belief that we can control fate, that we can escape from cosmic fate. The late Hellenistic mindset, and what you get in the Gnostics, is the belief that because of astrology, because of the stars, we are subject to control from these exterior forces. In most Gnostic thinking the whole concern is to somehow evade what is called the hemarmeny (sp?), cosmic fate. And in the Gnostic systems, the only way it can be done is by ascending through the shells of cosmic, ordering forces-the archons, the planets, the planetary demons, and so forth and so on, and then beyond the hemarmeny, which is actually thought of as a place in space that you burst through when you transcend fate. What the hermetic thought is is that these fates become personified as the decans, as stellar demons, and then it is held that there is a magic, a magical system, which is possible where you can call these archangels to your side and work with them and not be subject to the inevitable working of the cosmic machinery and this burst like a revelation over the late Hellenistic world because there was such philosophical and emotional and political exhaustion that this comes, this is a counterpoint to the message of the New Testament, which is a similar message, that you can be saved in the body, that you can escape the inevitable dissolution and degradation laid upon us by time. So, these are the two distinguishing factors: the divinity of man and the possibility of using magic to evade the machinery of fate.

So, I want to read some of the Corpus Hermeticum to you to give you the flavor of it, but before I do, I want to say something about the history of these texts. You're all familiar, more or less I'm sure, with Apuleius' The Golden Ass, which is a novel of initiation which is late Roman. Apuleius also put together what is called the Asclepius and the Asclepius is true hermetic literature that was not lost. It was the only one that was available throughout the Dark and Middle ages. All the rest was lying untranslated in Syrian Monasteries until Gemistus Plethon in 1490 brought these manuscripts to Florence, to the court of the Di Medicis and then the translation project began. The only other hermetic material that was accessible throughout the high Gothic period was a book of magic called the Picatrix. And the Picatrix was probably written in the 1200's although this elicits screams of dissent from the burning-eyed faction. But reason dictates that we consider Picatrix 12th century so only the Asclepius and the Picatrix represented this strain of thought before the 1460's. And the importance of hermetic thinking can be seen by the fact that Gimistis Platho brought Plato to the Florentine council as well as Hermes Trismegistus. And when Marcello Ficino sat down to do this translation work Cosumo Di Medici said "Plato can wait, I'm getting old. You do the Hermetic Corpus first. That's much more important. We'll sort out this Plato business in a few years." And so it was done. It was completed in 1493 and in 1494 Cosumo died so he never saw the translations of Plato but felt that the Corpus Hermeticum was more important. I mention this to show you the importance that was attached to this stuff.

Here is one of the key passages on man's nature. This is from Book one of the Corpus Hermeticum: "But mind the father of all, he who is life and light gave birth to man, a being like to himself and he took delight in man as being his own offspring for man was very goodly to look on, bearing the likeness of his father. With good reason then did God take delight in man for it was God's own form that God took delight in and God delivered over to man all things that had been made." This is the basis of the Ficinian statement man is the measure of things. "And man took station in the Maker's sphere and observed the things made by his brother who was set over the region of fire. And having observed the Maker's creation in the region of fire he willed to make things for his own part also. And his father gave permission having in himself all the workings of the administrators." This is a reference to the angel heirarchary "And the administrators took delight in him and each of them gave him a share of his own nature."

So man is the brother of God and a creature at home with the angels. This idea is echoed in the Asclepius which you'll recall was available throughout the Middle Ages. "The range of man is yet wider than that of the demons" meaning the angels - this term is transposable in its hermetic thought "The individuals of the human kind are diverse and of many characters. They, like the demons, come from above and, entering into fellowship with other individuals they make for themselves many and intimate connections with all other kinds" and then the famous passage "man is an honor then, Asclepius, honor and reverence to such a being. Man takes on him the attributes of a god as though he were himself a god. And he is familiar with the demonkind for he comes to know that he is sprung from the same source as they. And strong in the assurance of that in him which is divine, he scorns the merely human part of his own nature. How far more happily blended are the properties of man then those of other beings. He is linked to the gods inasmuch as there is in him a divinity akin to theirs. He scorns that part of his own being which makes him a thing of earth and all else with which he finds himself connected to by heaven's ordering he binds to himself with the tie of his affection."

So this is an incredibly radical conception of what it means to be human. So radical that it is unwelcome even in the present context. Notice the modern feeling of this stuff. This is not biblical rhetoric. This is philosophical discourse as we know it and carry it out ourselves. This is a passage on the adept and initiation. Let me see who's speaking here, Thoth speaks to Pimondres, this is book one, "But tell me this too, said I, God said 'let the man who has mind in him recognize himself' but have not all men mind?" And then Pimondres replies "Oh man, said mind to me speak not so, I even mind come to those men who are holy and good and pure and merciful and my coming is a succor to them and forthwith they recognize all things and win the father's grace by loving worship and give thanks to him praising and hymning him with hearts uplifted to him in filial affection." Again the reference to being God's brother in filial affection. "And before they give up the body to death which is proper to it they loathe the bodily senses knowing what manner of work the senses do." This introduces the theme of asceticism.

Like the Gnostics, there is in much of hermetic literature a kind of horror of the earth, a desire to ascend and to get away from it. Scott makes the distinction between what he calls pessimistic Gnosis and optimistic Gnosis. And within the 20 texts of the Corpus Hermeticum you get vacillation on this point. In some cases the Mandaean, the Cebian(?) tendency is there and the world soul is invoked and the whole of creation is seen as a living being involved in this soteriological process, this process of salvational mechanics through magic. In other texts this Gnostic horror of matter is strongly stressed. It's very clear that the Hellenistic mind was ambivalent on this point. Even as we are ambivalent on this point. It's a real question, are we here to be the caretakers of the earth or are we strangers in the universe and is our task to return to a forgotten and hidden home no trace of which can be found in the Saturnine world of matter. It's very hard to have it both ways. You're going to have to take a position on that and these people were forced into the same dilemma. There's no middle ground between those two positions and so that dichotomy, that conundrum, haunted a lot of hermetic thinking. -terence McKenna

-eg

#17 Posted : 1/15/2017 5:13:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

^^^ Yeah I liked that talk alot. Good stuff

#18 Posted : 1/15/2017 5:50:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

Quote:
tatt said: The only way that i've felt was possible to understand it - is to experience it. That's it. To understand It, you got to become it

To me this statement made above is the basis of all shamanism...

Yeah, honestly that's what it comes down to for me - having to experience/become it.

As powerful as DMT is to plunge us deep into the other side, it's also incredibly powerful at staying divorced from the rational/analytical/compartmentalized primate brain, masterful at keeping it's hands clean from our attempts in pinning it down.

Gotta jump in.

JustAnotherHuman
#19 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:07:35 PM

You create your own reality

Whenever I think of the Void, the always completely just melts my mind.Big grin How does one conceptualise something that exists outside space and time. How does one wrap one's brain around the idea of something that has no beginning and no end?

And if the Void really is the singular Source of everything the infinite nothingness from which the whole universe was created, which I believe it is, then how can possibly even begin to fathom the idea of something out of nothing?

When I think about these things, I feel as if humans, from our limited perspective, will never know all that there is to know about what this reality. Yet part of me refuses to accept this.

Maybe my problem is that I only have an intellectual understanding of these topics. I have never experienced DMT, or any other psychedelic for that matter, so I have no experience of "becoming one with the Void" , so to speak.

Anyway, that's my two cents.Big grin

JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Anamnesia
#20 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman wrote:

When I think about these things, I feel as if humans, from our limited perspective, will never know all that there is to know about what this reality. Yet part of me refuses to accept this.

The part of you that refuses to accept this is too an aspect of the ultimate reality. Whatever resistance we have to the notion that we may never never never comprehend fully the total nature of what there is itself a manifestation of the void. Our attempts to catch hold of IT is IT Itself. We must accept ourselves completely. It is the mind that cannot grasp the eternal, not the infinite intelligence within us. We need not know how we beat our own hearts, grow our hair and shape our bones, how we birth ourselves and die in due course. We need not know how we do these things, for we do them in the same way we shine the stars and spiral the galaxies. You manifest. You disappear. You manifest. You disappear. That form, that void. That void, that form. For-never and always.

JustAnotherHuman wrote:

Maybe my problem is that I only have an intellectual understanding of these topics. I have never experienced DMT, or any other psychedelic for that matter, so I have no experience of "becoming one with the Void" , so to speak.

You cannot become one with the void. You are the void!
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

12NEXT