We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-Meo and MAOI Options

Tian604
#1 Posted : 12/17/2016 12:44:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians,

I´m new here and first of all I wanted to thank everybody in the Forum for sharing this great knowledge! Keep up spreading it!

I was readind a lot in the forum for a long time and now decided to sign in here because I have a specific question...
A few months ago I got a smal sample of pure white 5-Meo-DMT, about 25mg.
After testing a little bit (~5mg) of this really powerfull stuff I stored the rest.
For certain reasons I decided to put it together with the noraml spice (dind´t want to get deeper in the 5-Meo anyways) and thought this smal amount wouldn´t be even recognised for it´s own, when mixed with 1,4g normal DMT when consumed.

Now here is the point:
I want to try Pharma now for the first time and wanted to use this mixture for it. But after checking the forum I came along a lot of warnings, that 5-Meo could cause real problems, if ingested oral with MAOI (in my case full range Harmala-HCL-Extract).
I was thinking about starting my first experience with 200mg Harmala-Extract and 50mg Spice and make my way up from there to find the right dose.
I read, that also very smal amounts (like 0.25-0.50mg) of 5-Meo may cause effects and even might be uncomftable.

Because it´s my first try of oral activ DMT I really don´t want to worry about any health problems or serious discomforts.

So my questions are:
Will this dose of 5-Meo (~0,7mg per 50mg DMT) be dangerous in any way for the body?
How much will this smal amount alter the normal DMT experience and create discomfort?
And will the MAOI Problem also exist when Changa is made with this mixture and Freebase Harmala-Extract?

I know, about 5-Meo there is a lot of discusion going on and diferent opinioins exist. But maybay there is someone around who has tried the combination of DMT/5-MEO/Harmala oral and could say something specific about dosage, especially for 5-Meo and Harmala ingested and in how much the normal DMT-experience will be altered. Also if not I apreciate every advice and opinion on this.
I couldn´t find any threat here that gave me these informations clearly, but maybe I just didn´t find... if so I apologize for that and links to that topics are also welcome.

Thank you in advance!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Chaska
#2 Posted : 12/17/2016 10:23:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if possible dose with new and un spliced dmts
if not possible, id get your rue in and take tiny sips of some the dmt blend dissolved in oj water, until you feel it

be safe and if for any reason you don't feel confident in this, dont do it
grow plants, make tea, love life

AwesomeUsername
#3 Posted : 12/18/2016 12:56:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd strongly advise against it. You might not die or be in any sort of bigger physical danger if you do decide to mix it with an maoi at low doses.

However, the experience mixed with the maoi if it doesn't kill you (which it probably won't) will just add unnecessary body load so why bother?

Some don't even like the effects of 5-Meo on it's own, but vaporizing it is the way to go IMO. You get pass the nasty interactions and get all you really need out of the substance this way as it lasts longer the N,N-DMT.

The same goes for bufotenin and toad venom too.

If you already threw it all in, there is no way you could get it out now, at least not that I know of... So I sincerely hope it won't be an issue, it shouldn't anyways.

Keep us posted.

TGO
#4 Posted : 12/18/2016 5:40:24 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I'd advise against it as well, just to be safe. If that 5meo is mixed up with the regular DMT, there is no way of knowing how much 5meo will actually end up being in your dose. Even if it seems negligible, why take the risk?

picatris wrote:
69ron wrote:

However, if 5-MeO-DMT is taken with an MAOI orally, much less is needed and the effects are much nicer. It’s almost like DMT but more mental and less colorful, less visual.

I apologize 69ron but that is not a good advice! here's a better one:

Do not use 5-MeO-DMT orally with a MAOI.

5-MeO-DMT is of known toxicity when used orally. Not everyone is affected in the same way, but there several cases ending up in Hospitals. You can find several reports in the scientific literature, where even some FATAL cases are documented. The problem is complex and different people are affected in different ways. Current research points to different allels of Cytochrome P450 2D6, that Demethylate 5-MeO-DMT into Bufotenin. This compound for several people can be highly toxic leading to extreme vasoconstriction even on low dosages of 2mg

I have been researching 5-MeO-DMT for some time, specifically on that ROA. If someone really wants to explore that perillous path I would advise to start really low and measure the way up. Starting with possibly 100 mg harmaline and 1 mg 5-MeO, and very gradually, over several days, increase the dosage of 5-Meo-DMT.

An important caveat is that, no matter what someone finds to be good for them with this compound, results should never be extended to other people for the reasons above.

Also do check this:

Hong-Wu Shen, Chao Wua, Xi-Ling Jiang and Ai-Ming Yu. Effects of monoamine oxidase inhibitor and cytochrome P450 2D6 status on 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine metabolism and pharmacokinetics. Biochemical Pharmacology Volume 80, Issue 1, 1 July 2010, Pages 122-128

A really state-of-the-art paper.

From this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13240

This is a good thread as well:

5 MEO DMT and Harmalas

Whatever you decide to do, be safe!

Smile

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Tian604
#5 Posted : 12/19/2016 1:17:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First thanks for your answeres and the links...

Yes, as everybody sugests, I won´t do it. It´s not worth any bad mindset, wondering if the stuff is safe and it will obviously alter the experience. Specialy as it will be my first.

But I have some Changa left without any 5-Meo and so I´ll start an experiment with taking 200-250mg of the Harmala-Extract oraly and smoke some Changa after 30 min. Thought about starting low and makeing my way up. With the oral Harmala the experience should be significantly longer and stronger than Changa alone, right?

Before my first Anahuasca I have to get some fresh MHRB and then brew safely and more comftable with that...

About the DMT/5-Meo-Mixture: If made Changa out of it and Harmala-Freebase (450mg) on Damiana the problem with any toxic metabolism should not exist. Am I wrigt with that?
I think such smal amounts as ~0,3mg 5-Meo vaped with 20mg N-N and ~6,4mg Harmala-Freebase should not cause any problem. Althoug the experience might be different, I guess.

So I´ll keep updated if there´s any news!

AwesomeUsername
#6 Posted : 1/8/2017 9:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked this post for the reply but yes this change recipe should be safe.

You could still notice the difference in effects with such a small amount, but otherwise no real issue. The amount of harmalas is too low to cause any sort of reactions this way except extending the duration of the trip of coarse.

Don't take my word for it, but it seems quite a few people like to add small amounts of 5-meo and bufo to their changa to make the experience richer. Nobody has complained that changa had adverse bodily reactions ASAIK.