We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drug interactions Options

IntoTheVoid
#1 Posted : 12/14/2016 3:14:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I take Lexapro for anxiety and depression and trazadone for falling asleep at night. Not sure if there are any doctors in the house but i thought I would check to see if there would be any interactions with changa. I'll be infusing caapi leaves 1:1 with x10 caapi IPA and deems.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IntoTheVoid
#2 Posted : 12/14/2016 3:15:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've scoured the internet and Google looking for specific answers but couldn't come up with anything definitive.

Ulim
#3 Posted : 12/14/2016 5:11:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lexapro is a drug of the class called SSRI.

SSRI should never be mixed with MAOI because the mix is known to be lethal. It can cause serotonin syndrome which is extremly unpleasant and deadly at the same time. So even if you dose non lethal you will still get an experience that is like the flu but way worse.

Trazodon is an Antagonist at the 5-HT-Receptors. DMT is an agonist. Use of Trazodon will potentially fully block all effects of DMT.
Trazodon acts as an SSRI too so it would be lethal in combination with MAOI too.

If you want to lay off those drugs to use Caapi+DMT you should probably look up the withrawal symptoms of those first and try to be clean of them for a long time for your body to readapt to be without them.

Also please dont call DMT deems. That name is awfull.

IntoTheVoid
#4 Posted : 12/14/2016 6:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that is not something I wanted to hear but I'm glad to have asked. I'm going to stop taking these medications anyway as I am at a point in my life I don't need them anymore. Used mainly to get over and through the early stages of recovery.

DMT is what deems was suppose to be. Autocorrect due to posting from my phone likes to step in and put what it thinks I want to say.

So after finding the withdrawal symptoms of both medications it will take roughly 5 days to get over and a few weeks for the brain to level out. Really bummed about the ordeal but I want to be safe. I wish there was a safe timeframe of knowing when I can ingest caapi after stopping my medication. My first journey will have direction now though as I want to be rid of depression and anxiety.

Thanks for your input!

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 12/14/2016 6:38:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Lexapro is a drug of the class called SSRI.

SSRI should never be mixed with MAOI because the mix is known to be lethal. It can cause serotonin syndrome which is extremly unpleasant and deadly at the same time. So even if you dose non lethal you will still get an experience that is like the flu but way worse.

Trazodon is an Antagonist at the 5-HT-Receptors. DMT is an agonist. Use of Trazodon will potentially fully block all effects of DMT.
Trazodon acts as an SSRI too so it would be lethal in combination with MAOI too.

If you want to lay off those drugs to use Caapi+DMT you should probably look up the withrawal symptoms of those first and try to be clean of them for a long time for your body to readapt to be without them.

Also please dont call DMT deems. That name is awfull.

I think we discussed this in another thread once...

I can imagine that a 5HT2C antagonist like trazodone would block the effects of DMT, I think you mentioned a related medication doing just this...but I can not remember Which thread this was.

-eg

Every time I hear the term "deemz" I think of the attached meme:
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
o4q4c.jpg (57kb) downloaded 116 time(s).

Ulim
#6 Posted : 12/14/2016 8:53:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Well that is not something I wanted to hear but I'm glad to have asked. I'm going to stop taking these medications anyway as I am at a point in my life I don't need them anymore. Used mainly to get over and through the early stages of recovery.

DMT is what deems was suppose to be. Autocorrect due to posting from my phone likes to step in and put what it thinks I want to say.

So after finding the withdrawal symptoms of both medications it will take roughly 5 days to get over and a few weeks for the brain to level out. Really bummed about the ordeal but I want to be safe. I wish there was a safe timeframe of knowing when I can ingest caapi after stopping my medication. My first journey will have direction now though as I want to be rid of depression and anxiety.

Thanks for your input!

Smile

@eg
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=773000#post773000

IntoTheVoid
#7 Posted : 12/14/2016 9:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, ok.... I'm never gonna live the "deems" comment down am I! Lol
Honest mistake, roast away. I can handle it

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 12/14/2016 9:38:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Ok, ok.... I'm never gonna live the "deems" comment down am I! Lol
Honest mistake, roast away. I can handle it

Oh, no, it's no mistake, I honestly don't judge any person for what they call a compound, I just always think of that meme when I hear the term, I know it's seems kind of rude to say, and I'm honestly not trying to say that all people who use that term resemble the meme, it's just what it makes me think of...

Sorry if I came off as being rude.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 12/14/2016 9:44:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
IntoTheVoid wrote:

Thanks for your input!

Smile

@eg
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=773000#post773000

Thanks.

(Thats actually a good thread for the OP to review.)
In the thread ulim posted this excerpt was mentioned:

Quote:
A few antidepressant drugs (nefazodone, trazodone, mirtazapine) are antagonists of certain receptors, such as 5-HT2A or α2-adrenoceptors, a property that may underlie their therapeutic properties. https://www.anoniem.org/.../pmc/articles/PMC446220/

The above compounds should block or greatly diminish the DMT experience.

(Its also said that if you eat large amounts of nicotinic acid it will reverse an LSD experience, though this isnt really on topic)

-eg

IntoTheVoid
#10 Posted : 12/14/2016 10:20:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never took it as rude. I like a good meme session. Still getting used to being able to openly discuss DMT as DMT and for what it is. I personally can't stand the "swim" expression used. Kinda the same situation I think in regards to that so no harm no foul.

The trazadone does indeed block the effects of DMT... Earlier in the year after making a batch and getting halfway through the stash I started trazadone and noticed a different turn the journeys I took. No matter the dosage or method of ingesting I couldn't get passed a certain point. The trips also became slightly demonic as I'm sure it was frustration from not getting over my newly found tolerance. I ended up putting it down for awhile.

Trazadone will take a few days to leave my system with minimal side affects so my baseline and full on trips should return. Lexapro however is a different animal all together.

Ive been taking 10mg for close to 6 months now. Maybe less.... There are some subtle withdrawals but there are some other major ones. Considering the small dosage I've been on once a day I estimate a couple of weeks till they subside but a month before an maoi will be safe to take. I'm wondering if smoking caapi would not be a serious as say ingesting it orally... But I'm not sure I want to find out. Curiosity always gets the best of me.

I'm quitting cold turkey as I have quit worse things and lived. Nothing life threatening about cold turkey, it will just make for a few long days.

IntoTheVoid
#11 Posted : 12/14/2016 10:25:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I may just infuse with something profound like parsley until I can roll with the maoi packed caapi. Use my trips to detox and reprogram my body to function without pharmaceuticals.

Ulim
#12 Posted : 12/14/2016 10:35:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The method of administration doesnt decide if something is toxic or not.

In this case its actually worse. If the MAOI enteres your brain directly through the lungs it can trigger an even stronger response directly at the place where a severe serotonin imbalance can do the most damage.

Make sure you arent doing something really wrong there. Cold turkey and antidepressants is usually not good.

IntoTheVoid
#13 Posted : 12/14/2016 11:02:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll have some Lexapro on hand to help ease the withdrawal symptoms... But if I don't have to use them I won't. I really despise pharmaceuticals.

I just realized I intermittently take Metoprolol from time to time for blood pressure. Reading into that medication I didn't come across any interactions that may come from it. Does anyone have a different experience or heard differently about it?

EDIT: Metoprolol is a beta-blocker... There is a section that reads, "Some medicines can affect how metoprolol works. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following: ..... a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)"

I'm wondering if this also affects DMT or caapi. Man the struggle is real

Ulim
#14 Posted : 12/15/2016 7:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IntoTheVoid wrote:
I'll have some Lexapro on hand to help ease the withdrawal symptoms... But if I don't have to use them I won't. I really despise pharmaceuticals.

I just realized I intermittently take Metoprolol from time to time for blood pressure. Reading into that medication I didn't come across any interactions that may come from it. Does anyone have a different experience or heard differently about it?

EDIT: Metoprolol is a beta-blocker... There is a section that reads, "Some medicines can affect how metoprolol works. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following: ..... a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)"

I'm wondering if this also affects DMT or caapi. Man the struggle is real

MAOI will hinder your body getting rid of Metoprolol so it will build up. And then you will have problems with your blood pressure because it gets lowered way to much.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 12/15/2016 9:25:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There are two main types of MAO: MAO-a and (surprise!) MAO-b. They act on different substrates - Haramala alkaloids act as reversible inhibitors of one of the subtypes, pharmaceutical MAOI's typically act as irreversible inhibitors of the other subtype - the data is available around here somewhere, just not off the top of my head.

Be informed, and reduce your chances of adverse pharmaceutical interactions.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 12/15/2016 9:35:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Also: check this thread as there's more to life (metabolism) than MAO...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#17 Posted : 12/24/2016 11:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sorry, posted to wrong thread, won't allow me to delete, fsr
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*