We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acetone impurities in changa Options

Psychedelic Energy
#1 Posted : 12/6/2016 4:16:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've made some changa from acacia confusa goo and dissolved it in 100%acetone, this is Aussie acetone I've had in the garage for a while. Now I would of Evap tested this back when I got it, but I've done it again along side a new bottle of acetone (which Evaps fine) and the old bottle is leaving a white like residue (there was a few specs of dirt in my acetone bottle, but I'd prefer to be more safe than not). I have smoked and vaped this changa and everything seems fine, not harsh or anything weird, but now I am worried about it and was thinking of trying to extract the dmt back of off the changa.

I was thinking of a fresh A/B extraction and re-pulling.

The procedure would be:-
Heat changa in vinegar water and filter, maybe two cooks.
Base with sodium carbonate, filter, add to fresh acidic water, filter, re-base and pull with shellite.
Freeze precip.

What do guys think? Should I try re-extracting it or should I just dump it and call it a lesson learnt?

Update:

13th June 2017

So I thought I should update this to clean the thread up a bit.
I did re-extract it and got clean DMT from it, but the DMT feels like it pulled some harmalas along with it. Every time I vaped a bit of it I would yawn heavy and my eyes would well up, just like the harmalas do.
At the same time it could just be lots more other alkaloids in the bark as well that are altering the effect, it could be low quality bark.

I didn't like the effects I was getting and have gotten mimosas DMT since. I still have some of that acacia bark and will one day extract more to see if it was the bark, or harmalas being pulled with the DMT - I will update that info again here when I finally extract it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ulim
#2 Posted : 12/6/2016 4:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The impurities are from the bottle it was stored in. What is that made out of?

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/6/2016 8:24:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The impurity might be bitrex.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 12/6/2016 11:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Ive got a bad batch of changa made with ipa. Always gave me a headache. Switched to using methanol and no problems since. I thought maybe the ipa had bitrex added. If so, is there any way to remove it? I was reluctant to throw the whole batch away so its been on the back shelf for years.

Psychedelic Energy
#5 Posted : 12/7/2016 3:23:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
The impurities are from the bottle it was stored in. What is that made out of?

Yes I have heard of this mentioned before, the bottle is made out hpde. Do you think it degraded it over time?

The bottle doesn't say it has bitrex in it, it's from a hardware store.

Psychedelic Energy
#6 Posted : 12/8/2016 5:16:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So would you you think a A/B extraction on the changa will remove any impurities? Whether it's from the acetone bottle or less likely bitrex, or anything else for the matter?

Ulim
#7 Posted : 12/9/2016 1:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

But then it would have shown up on the first evap. And acetone on its own is really bitter and is used to make ethanol undrinkable on its own.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 12/10/2016 9:48:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ulim wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

But then it would have shown up on the first evap. And acetone on its own is really bitter and is used to make ethanol undrinkable on its own.

There was no first evap Big grin

Yeah, I wouldn't drink acetone either! MEK is preferred as a denaturant as its BP is very close to that of ethanol thus making it virtually impossible to remove by distillation. It's easy to remove with sodium metabisulphite, though Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli