We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Salvia Divinorum Plant Options

PsyDuckmonkey
#21 Posted : 12/16/2016 3:11:05 PM

witch

Bancopuma wrote:
Hmmm that's a curious message to have received! I think the opposite situation is true, if anything. Apparently ayahuasca is being over-harvested in parts of the Amazon, and there some long term sustainability issues that need addressing, especially with the ever increasing interest in it and people using it.

Actually, if we look at plant analogues - eg. syrian rue (cultivated for its seeds in the ME), mimosa hostilis (cultivated for its wood in South America), the MAOI+DMT combination itself (should we term it "neohuasca"?) is quite sustainable.

Bancopuma wrote:
Psilocybe mushrooms however have benefited and continue to benefit markedly through the actions of humans on the biosphere...a few days ago I just stumbled upon a fruiting patch of Psilocybe cyanescens, and they aren't even native here (UK based).

Cyans are in fact a native species across most of the northern temperate range throughout Eurasia and America.

BecometheOther wrote:
If I received that message in ceremony I would take it as the truth or at least consider it with some weight. At least with more weight then the words on a forum. So chin up.

Don't listen to anyone in a hurry to pick apart and deny things you say from your own experience.

That's a very valid perspective. Mystical work needs an open mindset ready to accept and interpret as opposed to dissect and criticize, and I don't think that aggressive shutdowns of subjective visions presented with humility are a mature or useful way of communication.

BecometheOther wrote:
You are the smartest person you will ever know.

That, however, is a dangerous viewpoint, bordering on hybris. Never let anyone question your validity as a being, but never be too sure of the correctness of your beliefs.

BecometheOther wrote:
This forum is amazing and many great and brilliant minds here but I would say at times spirituality gets shot down and the forum favors a more empirical scientific mindset. I hypothesize this is because of all the drug geeks making their own dmt Smile

I challenge your hypothesis.
It's because if we let subjective spiritual viewpoints run rampant, things quickly devolve into spiritual penis size contests, conspiracy theories and just plain unchecked crazy.

Terry Pratchett wrote:
The plural or wizard is war.

unknown wise man wrote:
If two spiritualists meet, within five minutes they will reach a common conviction: that the other is completely insane.

But yes, having several scientists with a good grasp of philosophy helps. Note though that there are quite a lot of quite spiritual discussions here. Debating something is not the same thing as shooting it down.

Bancopuma wrote:
Sorry I don't buy this. There is a fair amount of delusion and illusion in the psychedelic experience, and just taking it all as gospel truth is not the path to greater knowledge or understanding, I think...it's like panning for gold. There is definitely insight and wisdom to be gained from the content of these experiences, but the key thing is sorting the valid insight from the invalid.

I find that a very good approach.

maranello551 wrote:
I deem these plants and their spirits as wiser beings than myself with a higher dimensional perspective than we.

Well that goes into worldview and beliefs territory. What is the source of visions? Some kind of plant / shroom spirit? God? Angels? Random passing spirits? The literal Devil? Your own subconscious?

If I pass a random stranger on the street, and he tells me something, I'll of course consider it, but take it as coming from an untrusted source. Personally, I find that to be the safest and most useful approach to take with psychedelic visions.

Who knows if the source of these visions is actually wiser than myself? And if it is, who knows if it has my best interests at heart? As with any other untrusted source, the message itself should "validate itself". A wise and benevolent being can be recognized by their wise and benevolent messages.

maranello551 wrote:
I do give it critical thought, and it is clear. Mushrooms are/more scarce than ayahuasca. They grow in more places, but that is not what scarcity is about. Mushroom patches come and go, while ayahuasca vines remain in the same place, and grow into huge beings with pounds and pounds of material. Especially for people before our time, it was far easier to grow a plant than it was to proliferate mushrooms. Mushrooms had to be waited for....seeked out....ayahuasca vines were just around and people knew where they were. They were large....they weren't an occasional treat. They were always available. One had to stumble upon mushrooms (during the right time of year, mind you) - this simply isn't the case with ayahuasca.

From the viewpoint of primal man, that does indeed ring true.

maranello551 wrote:
Now, Salvia has taken me to realsm that the deepest doses of ayahuasca have only just touched upon barely.....furthermore, it is a plant that grows year-round, like aya, but that unlike it, and like mushrooms, requires no alchemical processing.

However as far as I understand it's nearly sterile, with a rather limited gene pool, and a very limited geographical range.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hashketchum
#22 Posted : 12/19/2016 7:01:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia is a pretty interesting lady. I've smoked it only two or three times at various strengths however ive never taken it orally. From my understanding keeping leaves in your mouth for an hour or so produces a more tolerable salvia experience. Takes longer to kick in, not a rocket launch into another realm. If your have the TV channel Viceland Hamilton pharmacopia has a good segment on it, I'm sure you can also find i on YouTube or somewhere online as well.

BecometheOther
#23 Posted : 12/19/2016 11:46:56 PM

metamorhpasizer

Salvia is very interesting and different indeed. But it is not sterile more and more people are achieving seeds these days, although I still don't think there has been a technique to produce seeds every time, but it is doable. The more seeds we make the more we are strenghening the gene pool, and despite its limited geo range, it's really pretty easy to grow and very tolerant of varying conditions. I live almost near Canadian border and I can grow it without problems. This means it could easily become established in places outside its known range
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Bancopuma
#24 Posted : 12/20/2016 2:32:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Actually, if we look at plant analogues - eg. syrian rue (cultivated for its seeds in the ME), mimosa hostilis (cultivated for its wood in South America), the MAOI+DMT combination itself (should we term it "neohuasca"?) is quite sustainable

Yes but here we were discussing the ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi) vine in particular. For sure, Syrian rue is a much more sustainable source of MAOI's...its seeds are much more potent MAOI sources than caapi vine, they are produced in abundance, and the plant does not need to be destroyed in order to harvest them. Both Syrian rue and Mimosa hostilis are known to be invasive species in some parts of the world...wild stocks certainly running out anytime soon!

Quote:
Cyans are in fact a native species across most of the northern temperate range throughout Eurasia and America.

Are you sure about this? There are certainly members of the wood-loving Psilocybe species complex native to Europe, but as far as I'm aware, P. cyanescens is an original native of the American Pacific northwest which has expanded its range markedly in recent years.

Quote:
You say objective evidence should not be ignored in favor of whispers from experiences. I would tend to agree, but instead of allowing me an open set of beliefs you have now put me in a box of delusion.

I am certainly not putting you in a box of delusion. I just think we should engage a little more rational or critical thought when interpreting inner voices or insights. Remember that schizophrenics listen to their inner voices unquestioningly, so I think a little caution is advised, that's all, I don't believe all inner voice communications will comprise insightful, valid wisdom or should be taken as undisputable gospel truth.

Quote:
I'm not sure it can be objectively proven wich is more scarce... In my mind to do so you would need to weight all the aya vine available on earth right now and also weigh the amount of mushrooms available currently. I bet you there is more aya available right now for use if you broke it down to an amount of doses.

This I think is a pretty crude way of measuring scarcity. Firstly, mushrooms tend to be a great deal more potent than ayahuasca vine, and are consumed in much smaller doses, so I don't see weight as a valid method for comparing scarcity. I also think range and accessibility should not be ignored...ayahuasca is primarily found in Amazonia, while psilocybin mushrooms can be found in pretty much all tropical, subtropical and temperate zones of the world, making them a lot more accessible to more people. As mentioned number of the more well known species have also benefited greatly and expanded their ranges and abundance markedly through human modification of ecosystems.

If you are going to take the view these plants have genuine personalities or characters, does it not follow they can have their own views on things or agendas and may themselves not be infallible or infinitely wise? Maybe they can get stuff wrong too.

Quote:
And this gold panning you speak of how do you go about it

Well as mentioned, simple by vetting any insights or messages received with some rational and critical thought...record any lessons by all means, and see if they hold up the cold sober light of day...would be a good start I think.

Quote:
If I am told something straight up in a vision and it feels true And authentic to me I am darn right going to accept it as the gospel truth because that is my gospel communion with plant spirits and the higher selves is where the ultimate truths come from from my perspective.

Fair enough, but just because something feels true, doesn't necessarily make it so, no matter the source. Look at the vast majority of the human population across the world, who are all convinced of the truth of their particular take on their religious faith...clearly they can't all be right as many of these beliefs are not compatible. Just be careful taking things on blind unquestioning faith, as this is what the religiously brainwashed do.

Anyway, I do appreciate this thread, and it definitely has inspired me to want to work with Salvia in the future, Mazatec style.

BecometheOther
#25 Posted : 12/20/2016 3:30:31 PM

metamorhpasizer

There is psilocybe cyanescens the wood lover from Pacific Northwest, and panaeolus cyanescens the tropical dung lover. As far as I know Liberty caps or p. Semilanciata Are the Ones most common in Europe

That was partially my point, that it would be hard to objectively prove scarcity either way. But I said weigh them and divide by number of doses available so that does indeed take into account the potency of both aya and mushrooms. But that would be absurdly impractical anyways that's basically what I am trying to say is that you in fact cannot say which is more or less scarce. The waters become even more muddied if you consider aya analogues etc....

and about using some degree of critical thought and common sense and applying that razor to the insights and or visions is just plain obvious, of course I am in favor of doing that, and that's why I said you were putting me in a box, because I do use critical questioning thought and common sense but because of one comment I made saying I would listen to the visions, you have it seems placed me in a category of not using critical thought at all, when that is really not what I was trying to say... You are arguing to use critical thought and that is a valid point, no one is disagreeing with you here... Yes use a fair degree of both critical thought and faith would be the approach I favor Just so we're clear. In general I believe a lot of visions or insights have real substance behind them but translating them to concrete messages is not an exact science, it's more of an art.

It's all good. Salvia oral style is really awesome, I have plants and have been working my way up 1 leaf at a time, the goal being at some point soon to engage in a high dose ceremony. But it is equally as useful for ceremonies and meditations at smaller doses as well. In fact for me it's definetly the plant that fits in best with nice little meditations at night or little prayer or majick ceremonies. Allowing a ritual/trance state of mind to gently take over with not too much intoxication but a very clear type feeling. Or if your ready for something heavier you can always use more.

It's also really cool to mix roas and get a good baseline going with a few quid leaves and meditate then when you want more you can take a few puffs of the smoke and inch deeper and deeper, already being on the oral salvia makes the effect of smoking much more like the oral just kind of boosting it and potentiating it a lot.

Going for a high dose orally is quite a commitment and you should work way up with adequate caution some people never come back from the most extreme of salvia trips. What I would consider high dose is one where you fully leave the body and enter a new fully immersive space. This is easy with smoke but more caution is needed with oral not to overshoot too much. For me it is the least recreational and most spiritual plant I have had experience with.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

PsyDuckmonkey
#26 Posted : 12/21/2016 4:04:28 PM

witch

Bancopuma wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure about this? There are certainly members of the wood-loving Psilocybe species complex native to Europe, but as far as I'm aware, P. cyanescens is an original native of the American Pacific northwest which has expanded its range markedly in recent years.

It's hard to tell much about the "real" origins of such aggressive and unassuming saprophytic mushrooms. There are so many small brown saprophyte species in the world, and they are so uninteresting if not for their psychoactive nature, that such mushrooms were often misclassified as other species... also mycologists tend to underreport or actively hush up the presence of psychoactive species even if they are aware (though more than often they aren't, see above), in a misguided attempt to "keep the junkies out of the woods".

I own an Eastern European mushroom collecting manual published in the late 80s, and it lists cyanescens as a poisonous species.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps...Habitat_and_distribution

I also remember reading that the use of psilocybin mushrooms growing in conifer woods (which probably means azurescens or cyanescens) might have been an important ritual of Siberian shamanic cultures.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 12/26/2016 10:15:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There are also the wood loving species P. bohemica and P. serbica which may be found in eastern Europe, to name but two. And regarding whether P. cyanescens is native to Europe or not: firstly, how far can a microscopic spore blow on the wind? and secondly, let me assure you all that, whichever way, P. cyanescens is far from rare in the UK! I doubt that all of the occurrences were deliberately planted, although there is certain to be a fair few cheeky landscapers and arboriculturalists.

Quote:
I also remember reading that the use of psilocybin mushrooms growing in conifer woods (which probably means azurescens or cyanescens) might have been an important ritual of Siberian shamanic cultures.

Any idea where you read this? It would not be altogether surprising if there were also a P. sibirica, especially given the vast size of the region.

Given the mild winter we're having, it wouldn't seem that difficult to expand the outdoor range of S. divinorum to western Europe, either!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12