We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Seedo - Automated Hydroponics Options

Praxis.
#1 Posted : 12/2/2016 2:53:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.seedolab.com/

Personally, I think it'd take all the satisfaction out of growing. Interacting with the plant is half the fun! But still, this seems like a cool idea with some great potential for sure.

Thoughts?
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 12/2/2016 7:40:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:

http://www.seedolab.com/

Personally, I think it'd take all the satisfaction out of growing. Interacting with the plant is half the fun! But still, this seems like a cool idea with some great potential for sure.

Thoughts?

Would be great for people that cant even grow mold on food Razz

arcologist
#3 Posted : 12/3/2016 12:41:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm very skeptical, this seems like another useless money-maker for the capitalists. I have a few grow boxes of similar size and they still require constant tending/training/adjustment of nutrients to maximize yield. E.g. you need to recognize/correct for deficiencies, nutrient excesses, flushing, topping, training, scrog, etc. I don't see how an automated system can handle all of those tasks in any more than a preprogrammed manner, even with integrated EC/pH. It would make it unable to handle different nutrient needs of different strains (e.g. my Neville's Haze shows signs of burn at half the EC of other plants). With 2 boxes of that size I am barely able to produce at my consumption rate (1 ounce/month), and that requires happy plants, it wouldn't be enough for heavy smokers, and yields would suffer a lot if the machine gets it wrong. I bet the price would be much larger than the ones I built (mine were about $300 in materials/lights each, plus the ~15 hours labor to put it together).