We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can you use Extracted DMT with a MAOI for aya? Options

learningtofly
#1 Posted : 10/24/2007 5:41:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So for example if someone had extracted DMT and ingested like 3g Rue prior to ingesting ~30mg DMT, would it act like aya or would it just be a smoked DMT trip but a little bit longer?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DZ-015
#2 Posted : 10/24/2007 2:37:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes it would be like Aya, but i'd up the dosage, 30 mg won't do much.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 10/24/2007 3:35:20 PM

John Murdoch IV

How about 100mg.? And do you get as much nausea with rue as with caapi?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

DZ-015
#4 Posted : 10/24/2007 4:08:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

100 mg is good. I get more nausea with rue than with caapi. Caapi is generally pretty gentle IME, but rue isn't so bad that it's undoable.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

El Ka Bong
#5 Posted : 10/24/2007 7:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes it works very well ! Let me say it again here! Doing a shot of rue-extract before any use of dmt, smoked or eaten, is the way it should be done every time ! Rue seed is cheap like borscht, so I make 200ml batches every week I plan to launch by inhalation - filtered extract stays 'fresh' in the fridge for days! If my data and body-type is like everybody else's, I'd wouldn't exceed the ratio of 1.4mg dmt per kg of body weight - so a 75 kg person would eat 107mg of dmt for a strong effect. It's a bit of an over load for a 75kg newb' to eat 150 mg dmt, and EAT 3.5 g rue ..! (Don't eat the rue seed - the seed coats contain "abortifacient" and nastier alkaloids and tannins !) . Rue is strongly inhibitory to MAO enzymes at 3.0 - 3.5 grams extracted - do this much seed for sure, BUT DON"T EAT IT ! Have I warned everyone yet? You will puke like a champion, if you eat it, and you're like me... And you'll be tripping like a champion too ! So instead now I soak 3.5g of pulverized seed in (50ml lemon juice + 150ml water) overnight. Then filter this lemony-extract (it takes another 8 - 12 hours going drip by drip), and drink the 200 ml in 2 100ml shots, mixed in with a glass of orange juice. Ideally drink the rue extract about 6 hours after your last meal. After 30 minutes of drinking the Rue-juice one feels relaxed, and very lightly spaced, with no trippiness or visuals as MAOI sets in. You'll feel NO nausea with the extract, and it's worth trying the extract all on it's own - great dreams afterwards, and it's a hypnogogic kind of sublte 'high'. Then withinn 40 minutes eat the ~100 mg dmt (maybe go for 80..!) or try to smoke 30 mg dmt - in just one slow, long drawn lungful ... ! The MAOI from the Rue seed extract makes the WHOLE experience so much more relaxed, and the veil just glides off ! The veil is brighter, and I have not been to a 'dark' space when Rue extract MAOI are working, The duration will be enhanced too ! (30 mg inhaled lasts 40 minutes until at baseline again) The Rue wears off so eat or smoke the dmt within 60 minutes of drinking the extract of Rue Seed (Pergamun harmala, it's called right..?!). Excercise will metabolise the MAOIs from a rue extract, and reduce the desired effect, so once the dmt peak hits, drink another 200 ml extract if you're not too high, and are going to be 'active' and you want to prolong the dmt effects. At the peak ... it feels like you can keep the oral dmt dose 'circulating through you' longer when it's not getting broken down. The peak returns in amazing 'waves' ... I guess it always take 'practice'. I remember when all I wanted was my MAO enzymes back..! ...

sippyj
#6 Posted : 10/24/2007 8:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Question for you EKB. A friend of a friend went through the process of brewing up some rue seed extract using the preparation you've described here before. He had planned to use the rue in combination with some MHRB 'tea' that he had brewed up using powered bark and apple cider vinegar. This prep was done on a weekend afternoon, but the process took longer than he had planned and by the time he was finished it was late in the evening and motivation to partake the brews had left him. As he didn't want his work to go to waste, the two potions were filtered multiple times and stored in individual containers in the fridge for later use. In addition to running the rue extract through a series of cotton filters, he added egg whites to heated rue extract with the goal of removing some of the nasty tannins from the drink, a technique he had read about on forums.ayahuasca.com. It seemed to work pretty well as far as he could see. Skip ahead to some time the following weekend, the rue extract had been in the fridge for about 7 days. This foul liquid was ingested with nose held and washed down with some guava juice. My FoAF waited 30 minutes after ingesting the rue extract before taking a capsule filled with ~60mg of extracted DMT. (A more palatable option, as he couldn't bring himself to drink the mimosa 'tea'Pleased The results were unsatisfactory. None to mention, actually. He didn't feel much of anything after ingesting the rue extract, after 30 minutes he expected heavy limbs and a head change but did not experience those. The DMT trip never happened, and after 2 hours had passed he considered the experiment a failure. His best guess is that the potency of the rue extract had been negatively affected by the week in the fridge. You stated that from your experience the filtered extract stays fresh in the fridge for days, how long exactly have you stored it and still gotten the expected results? Prep of the rue was basically as you described: a 3 gm portion of rue seeds were ground down using a mortar and pestle to a fine consistency. This powder was added to a small glass to which fresh lemon juice and distilled water was added. Exact measurements were not used, it's possible that the solution was not acidic enough I suppose, not sure. This solution was stirred well and left to sit, covered, overnight in the fridge. The following day the extract had taken on a rich yellow color, the liquid was filtered to separate the solid particles. Finally the egg whites were added to heated extract (heated using a water bath) and the solids that formed subsequently filtered out. At this point the resulting yellow liquid was placed in the fridge for storage.

El Ka Bong
#7 Posted : 10/24/2007 9:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm... my first thoughts are that the extra egg-white thing and especially heating the solution are what could have broken down the MAOIs. Also have an empty stomach - this makes the effects come on as quick as possible ! I have observed that the clear yellow rue-extract lasts 1, 3, 5 and days stored in the fridge, covered to keep oxygen out (saran wrap). I just never stored it longer. It is non-nauseating when drank on it's own - don't worry about that ! I have felt 'unsatisfactory' results from the effects of 75 mg dmt taken orally with Rue extract. But this was sort of deliberate - I purposfully delayed taking the dmt for about 90 minutes and drank the rue-juice in two portions separated by 90 minutes and a bout of excercise. So I had metabolized all the MAOI effect and the dmt's effects were slight, at 1/10. This suggested the dmt should follow the rue-juice quickly, so I'd eat the dmt after 30 minutes of drinking the rue seed juice on an 'empty' stomach. The dmt will be chasing the MAOIs in your blood, and coming on in 20 minutes. I think the MAOI effect 'peaks' in 60 - 90 minutes and then wears off. Try timing the MAOI peak just as the full dose of dmt is suddenly in your blood steam, but not all at your blood-brain-barrier yet. On an empty stomach, with dmt in juice again, I'd guess that it takes 5 minutes to leave the stomach and enter the intestines, and be fully absorbed in 15 more minutes, given the 20 minute onset of visuals. The peak is coming on in 40 minutes, and that's when the MAOIs are doing their most 'work'...

sippyj
#8 Posted : 10/24/2007 10:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! SWIM will surely try again, this time skipping the egg whites and extended storage in the fridge.

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 10/25/2007 2:28:04 AM

John Murdoch IV

I've also tried the egg white trick with caapi and I'm not doing that again. It maybe takes some bad stuff out but defenitely leaves somthing else and very probably takes away some good stuff. At least the end product was not how it was supposed to be. p.s. Gooood thread Very happy I know a guy that has been thinking about caapi and DMT extract. He has both and want's to try this combo Very happy But what about smoking caapi leaves with the DMT or before smoking or eating DMT?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.

XENONSION
#10 Posted : 10/25/2007 5:25:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a question... Friend has yet to partake in any oral dmt sessions...but was thinking of this.. http://basementshaman.st...oo.net/syrruepeghar.html 10 grams of extract for 17 bucks. says 1 gram is equal to over 4 grams of seed. So let's say you cap up 1 gram of rue extract, along with another capsule of your favorite spice (100mg or so?) would this be a good strong trip? Would want a for sure breakthrough trip everytime..but isn't familiar with dmt/rue dosages.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 10/25/2007 9:37:31 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I prepare the rue like this (takes about half an hour to complete): 1. Boil +- 400ml of water 2. Grind the rue seeds 3. Put the grinded rue seeds in the (still) boiling water 4. Boil down to about 50ml 5. Filter the remaining liquid through a coffee filter READY! Just drink the filtered liquid (about 30-40ml) and after about 15 minutes take the DMT extract, works like a charm. This way you don't need to store the rue but you can prepare it whenever you want.

magic clown
#12 Posted : 10/25/2007 8:20:11 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Top tips from The traveler. I would do all that, with the addition of the juice of one fresh lemon. I would then drink the foul and bitter juice in two seperate hits allowing 10-15 mins between each. This reduces the toxic shock on your body allowing it to be digested more easily. Then I sit back and wait. It dosnt take long for the rue to make its affects known, at that point hit your spice.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

El Ka Bong
#13 Posted : 10/26/2007 1:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

...fresh Rue Juice is easy ! a tasty, special preparation you can make the 'day before'. A brilliant yellow colour ! Nutritious on its own ! But what's the heating for..? just to disinfect the H2O of nasty bacteria, or to extract something from the seed.?. I thought the Harmala-type alkaloids were broken down by heat but easily soluble in acid, but I guess not...? I wonder where the Rue is grown, and if most seed we find around is fungicide-free...?

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 10/27/2007 1:48:52 AM

John Murdoch IV

[quote:a5abfd5621="magic clown"]Top tips from The traveler. I would do all that, with the addition of the juice of one fresh lemon. I would then drink the foul and bitter juice in two seperate hits allowing 10-15 mins between each. This reduces the toxic shock on your body allowing it to be digested more easily. Then I sit back and wait. It dosnt take long for the rue to make its affects known, at that point hit your spice.[/quote:a5abfd5621] Toxic shock! Why do you say toxic?
––––––

The Traveler
#15 Posted : 10/27/2007 2:59:05 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

[quote:ed86399380="El Ka Bong"]But what's the heating for..? just to disinfect the H2O of nasty bacteria, or to extract something from the seed.?. I thought the Harmala-type alkaloids were broken down by heat but easily soluble in acid, but I guess not...? I wonder where the Rue is grown, and if most seed we find around is fungicide-free...?[/quote:ed86399380] The heating is to speed up the extraction, first you got plenty of water to contain the alkaloids then you boil down to have less gusty liquid to drink. As far as I know (and have experienced) the alkaloids aren't broken down in this proces. Rue is also grown at my home, I've got three little ones, about 10cm height now. I hope to have my first harvest at the end of next year, al without pesticides etc of course.