We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
recent news: california college incident bringing spice attention Options

azrael
#1 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:14:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was searching for news stories relating to DMT this morning over coffee and found something.

[EDIT: deleted link and posted article as per Madcapv2's advice.]

From the Sacramento Bee:
Sacramento State officials released a detailed timeline Friday of the response to this week's deadly violence inside a campus dormitory that suggests Quran Jones started his rampage before his victim got home.

At approximately 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, a resident assistant reported hearing noise and windows breaking in the suite, said Gloria Moraga, vice president for public affairs. Records from an electronic lock on the door to the suite indicate that roommate Scott Hawkins entered the room six minutes later.

"We do know that something was going on before he entered the room," said Lori Varlotta, vice president for student affairs.

Dorm residents said Wednesday they saw Jones through a window, smashing up his room and hitting himself with a baseball bat. He is accused of beating Hawkins to death and charging at campus police with a knife. Officers shot him after he failed to respond to pepper-ball volleys.

Campus officials said nothing indicates Jones was using drugs, despite a roommate's account that Jones had recently expressed curiosity about a hallucinogenic drug called DMT.
"There is no evidence of any drug use," Dan Davis, chief of university police, said Friday during a news conference outside the American River Courtyard dorms.

A toxicology report might shed more light on what fueled the attack, but the results are not yet available, he said.

The Sacramento Police Department has interviewed Jones – who is in serious condition at UC Davis Medical Center after being shot by university police – but can't say what started the outburst.

When he's released from the hospital, Jones will face one charge of murder and one count of attempted murder of a police officer.

Spencer Dirrim, 19, who shared the five-bedroom suite with Jones, Hawkins and two others, said Jones had been researching DMT as part of a larger quest for spiritual meaning.

"He implied he might want to try it, but he never outright said he was planning on it," Dirrim said. "He believed it might be a path to a plane of higher consciousness."

DMT, or dimethyltryptamine, is a powerful psychedelic drug that has effects similar to LSD or hallucinogenic mushrooms, but is more intense, said Gordon Taylor, assistant special agent for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in Sacramento.
"It's popular in club scenes in some areas, but we haven't seen it in the Sacramento area," Taylor said.

DMT can be smoked, snorted, injected or brewed into a tea, he said. It is derived from a plant, but synthetic versions are produced in illegal labs. In recent years, authorities have busted DMT labs in Mendocino County and Hollywood, he said.

Unlike drugs such as methamphetamines or PCP, DMT is not associated with violent behavior, Taylor said.

Jones was known on campus as a peaceful person, quiet and well-mannered. A professor described him as a devoted student; friends and roommates said he was thoughtful and a bit reserved.

Jones is the foster child of a San Francisco couple who have said Jones is a kind, loving son. His biological father, Willie Jones, said during an interview late Thursday night at UC Davis Medical Center that he had talked to his son just a few days before.

"It's hard to believe what happened," Jones said. "I really, really feel bad about the other people's son. I wished he hadn't died."

Willie Jones said his son is an inquisitive young man who had talked about entering the military.

"He's a really good kid," Willie Jones said. "(His) life's just getting started."

Dirrim said Jones "was looking for the greater truth in life."

"He had a feeling there was something greater he could be a part of, some form of ascension to a higher form of consciousness," Dirrim said.

Jones told his roommate DMT might lead to the type of experience he sought, Dirrim said. He said he never saw Jones take any drugs or drink alcohol. But "he mentioned a book called 'DMT: The Spirit Molecule' that talked about this extensively," Dirrim said.

The author of that book is Rick Straussman, a psychiatry professor at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine who conducted a large study on DMT in the early 1990s to see what kinds of reactions it caused.

Most of his subjects experienced visual hallucinations and out of body sensations, Straussman said. Some went into extreme emotional states, or felt anxious. But none of them became violent, he said.

"I've never heard of anybody attacking anybody after smoking DMT," Straussman said.

Dirrim said he didn't mention Jones' interest in DMT to police when they questioned him Wednesday following the attack. He said it didn't occur to him until later that night as he ruminated on the day's events. He sent Sacramento police a follow-up e-mail at 11:33 p.m.

"Quran takes an interest in hallucinogens in a spiritual context," Dirrim wrote.

"In particular, he has often discussed the compound Dimethyltryptamine or DMT as a gateway to powerful spiritual experiences. He had never taken it, though he has often expressed interest in the compound and the hallucinations and spiritual experiences that it produces. He has also extended this interest to other psychedelic compounds, though had never used any (to my knowledge)."
END OF ARTICLE

Apparently, there was some violence at this campus and DMT has been mentioned. The article posted above doesn't rely on scare tactics or look to lay blame. It even quotes Straussman regarding non-violence. I'm not even sure why DMT's even mentioned except that "it makes the story hotter", but it calls attention to the molecule. I don't think any attention is good, especially when it's linked to crime, but the journalist did a great job given the circumstances.

Other articles on the incident were not written as completely, and in my five minutes of searching I didn't come across any outrageous misinformation that raised a red flag.

Thoughts?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stupid article. I see NO..absolutely NO reason to even mention DMT. It's not even a STORY.
My guess: It's gonna slip away. For this time. But it'll get hotter and hotter..till the day comes, where DMT gets serious press. Then we can all take a second look at this thread:

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=6147

antrocles
#3 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

your link didn't show up. try and repost it cuz i for one would be very interested to see what the heck went down and how spice is protrayed in the scenario...... violence on DMT is about as possible as threading a needle whilest having an epileptic seizure...
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Madcap
#4 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:39:30 PM

illudium Q-36

The link worked for me but but maybe the OP should edit his post and just quote the whole article so you don't generate a bunch of hits for the article. We don't want to give them a reason to go deeper.

In case that doesn't happen,. I will do it myself. I will delete the article if it becomes a duplicate.

Here it is: ***removed, Read above***
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:18:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I also find violence on DMT an unlikely thing, for someone who doesn't already has a long history of using serious violence.
I can imagine it would be different with 5-MeO-DMT. I find that 5methoxy just makes you temporarily insane if you take a little too much.

transitory
#6 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:20:01 PM

currently intergrating

A terrible tragedy.

I feel for all involved at this moment.

Quote:
I'm not even sure why DMT's even mentioned

Me neither

Quote:
...nothing indicates Jones was using drugs ..."There is no evidence of any drug use,"...Willie Jones said his son is an inquisitive young man who had talked about entering the military...takes an interest in hallucinogens in a spiritual context.

Why then was the article not written about the military. I beleive the military have been linked to violence. DMT has not.
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

polytrip
#7 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:30:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The guy might have taken some hallucinogenic other then DMT. The article sayd that he had interest in other psychedelic substances as well.
Maybe some RC.
Also the notion that DMT is popular in local 'club-scene's' sounds a bit unlikely to me.

Madcap
#8 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:03:50 PM

illudium Q-36

Its not even stated that he had taken anything at all.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

SoCal
#9 Posted : 10/25/2009 1:31:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

misinformation is a powerful drug

antrocles
#10 Posted : 10/25/2009 3:11:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"It's popular in club scenes in some areas, but we haven't seen it in the Sacramento area," Taylor said.

are you fucking kidding me???? DMT is popular in some club scenes????? what the heck kind of clubs they got up in Sac?

yowlza this burns my rump.....SoCal- you got it pretty much pegged...
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

MagikVenom
#11 Posted : 10/25/2009 2:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lots of DMT talk but no evidence of anything. I would think one would cite a more logical assumption like anger for all we know the dude just found out his room mate screwed his girlfriend. Sound like some type of psychotic break for sure. I will be waiting to hear the perps version of it when he wakes up in hospital.

Sound like a text book PCP intoxication, beating himself with a baseball bat, pepper spray did not stop him of course no evidence of that either. If he was smoking DMT or had taken Aya the cops should have found evidence of that.

Wait for the blood test I guess. Since there is no link give us a update if new info arises.

PEACE
MV

polytrip
#12 Posted : 10/25/2009 2:52:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could it be salvia? i have never taken it because i heard stories of people becoming like zombies. I also heard that in america DXM is a popular drug.

And i also want to get to know these clubs in sacramento where apparantly people smoke DMT a lot. Seems a great place to me where they have many such clubs, sacramentoWink

MagikVenom
#13 Posted : 10/25/2009 3:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip
#14 Posted : 10/25/2009 5:33:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

But still...
If i'd go to sacramento. How do i find these clubs? Do you just ask anyone on the street: "hey dude, where are the clubs where they smoke DMT?"?
Do you follow the UFO's and flying saucers, hovering over the town?
Do you follow the smell?

I bet that they have realy fantastic steaming orgies there as well, with hot naked girls with beautyfull breasts with hard nipples. Oh, how i'd love spending the night there, smoking DMT and licking those great nipples all night long.

But how do you get into these clubs? Do you have to be a member?
There probably is some secret word, you have to say at the entry.
Something like 'rosebud'.

Does anybody have any clue what the secret word to get into the DMT clubs in sacramento where they have all the orgies, is?

۩
#15 Posted : 10/25/2009 6:33:42 PM

"rosehips"

MagikVenom
#16 Posted : 10/26/2009 2:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The best way to find the clubs would be to set up surveillance at the airport. Wait until you see The Master of Plants get off of a plane from Europe. Then simply follow him to the Club. Get ready for the time of your lifeLaughing

PEACE
MV

PS MOP you know I joking good to see you back on site time to time my Brother Laughing
even if you say it Aint you.

jamie
#17 Posted : 10/26/2009 2:19:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

antrocles wrote:

are you fucking kidding me???? DMT is popular in some club scenes????? what the heck kind of clubs they got up in Sac?

yowlza this burns my rump.....SoCal- you got it pretty much pegged...

I think this is becasue some ill-informed people equate the psy-trance hippy scene with the club scene becasue of it's rave connection...maybe some clubs used to be boarderlione raves..and some people think that psy-trance parties and festivals are raves..not quite the same.

Sure I had seen lots of DMT at weekend-long electronic and psy-trance festivals..sitting around late at night by the campfires etc..but not the club sceneConfused .. could you imagine..some dude gets up on the dancefloor with his freebase pipe reasy to go, takes a hit and falls down and spends the next 5 minutes on the floor in trance!..I dont think so!
Long live the unwoke.

Aegle
#18 Posted : 10/26/2009 2:23:21 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

SoCal wrote:
misinformation is a powerful drug

SoCal

So sad, but so true. Crying or very sad

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

soulfood
#19 Posted : 10/26/2009 3:07:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It's still a silly report. They may as well have said "the guy was known to be very fond of cookery, but there is no evidence to suggest that cookery took part in the incident. we just thought we'd mention cookery in a power of suggestion kind of way. It may hve been fugu. At this stage we have no information on the matter of any sort of evidence, hard or soft".

Still though it's tragic.

MagikVenom
#20 Posted : 11/4/2009 8:59:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There will be no information updates until murder investigation is complete according to recent reports. It would seem from these reports the Guy was indeed going around talking about DMT and all sorts of mumbo jumbo watching UTUBE trips ect to the extreme prior to his murderous rage. There is no evidence of any drug use in dorm they found nothing not even a seed or stem so I bet none of them used drugs. No college kids who party are that clean!

What most articles do not mention is that he has a sealed juvenile police record. So for all we know the guy has already gone on such RAMPAGES in the past and the record is SEALED. If that is the case it should be a crime because it cost the fellow his life. It was know ahead of time this kid was unstable and could be dangerous. Put him in a dorm with others who are strangers to him away from home for the first time and he snapped again. Not surprising at all if he was already mentally ill. That would also be a good murder defense for a insanity plea.

http://media.www.stateho...ive.Sought-3815333.shtml

"Dirrim said Jones showed an interest in mixed martial arts, Transcendentalism and chakras, and often watched videos of yogis in India. Dirrim said Jones expressed an interest in hallucinogenic drugs in the weeks leading up to the incident."

It could be quite some time before the facts are released to the public.

12NEXT