We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
EROWID WARNING - Bad 2-C-B-Fly Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 10/24/2009 7:04:44 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello Friends,

If you haven't already seen it, there is a rather dire warning on Erowid's site about some bad 2-C-B-Fly that is causing deaths in Amsterdam and California. It comes from a research chemical company in China and is labelled "b1."

Here is the link: http://www.erowid.org/ch...fly/2cb_fly_death1.shtml

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 10/24/2009 7:11:10 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's not bad 2CB-Fly, or even 2CB-Fly at all (look at the mass spectra caption)

it's Bromo-D-fly
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

narmz
#3 Posted : 10/24/2009 7:39:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

it's Bromo-D-fly

They are the same thing.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/24/2009 7:40:04 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

narmz wrote:
benzyme wrote:

it's Bromo-D-fly

They are the same thing.

no, they're not.
2-CB-Fly has an ethylamine moeity, Bromo-D-Fly has an isopropylamine.

Bromo-D-Fly is about 10X more potent, and the duration is much longer.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Touche Guevara
#5 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:00:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
benzyme wrote:

it's Bromo-D-fly

They are the same thing.

Laughing You wouldn't happen to work at a research chemical distributor, would you?

narmz
#6 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FAIL / damn my bad
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Dwhitty76
#7 Posted : 10/24/2009 8:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even though it's we're not suppose mention rc vendors, i think in this case it might be appropriate. Anyone who has puchased this chem, should not take it. the owner of hauptrc, died from his own product, and who know's what other companies he was selling to.

Someone gave me some good advice, that if you ever buy a synth, skin test it,or just test 1mg before going all the way.

This is scary shit. a chemist can make a simple mistake by mis labeling something, which can result in multiple deaths.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

polytrip
#8 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:11:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I've heard nothing but bad news about bromo-dragonfly so far.

I don't like the notion of importing RC's from china as well. In china, the general consensus about consumer-safety, especially i think with semi-legal goods, is somewhat different then in most western countries.

We all remember the milk scandal, i think, where all these babies died because some company sold milk that was diluted with some cheap chemical that also had a white colour.

Touche Guevara
#9 Posted : 10/24/2009 9:58:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I've heard nothing but bad news about bromo-dragonfly so far.

I don't like the notion of importing RC's from china as well. In china, the general consensus about consumer-safety, especially i think with semi-legal goods, is somewhat different then in most western countries.

We all remember the milk scandal, i think, where all these babies died because some company sold milk that was diluted with some cheap chemical that also had a white colour.

Well in all fairness the guys responsible for that one were executed. But I agree that China is a good example of why industry regulation is a necessity.

narmz
#10 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:
the owner of hauptrc, died from his own product

Did he really? Do you have a link to the story on that? Would be interested to read it.

Dwhitty76
#11 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.drugs-forum.c.../showthread.php?t=103538
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I apoligize to everyone, i should have posted this sooner......my head has been elsewhere. Embarrased

benzyme
#13 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:01:33 PM

analytical chemist

mislabeling = really bad

this is akin to mistaking 5-MeO-AMT for AMT, and insufflating it as such. the result could be disasterous

PerPLexED
#14 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:13:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
mislabeling = really bad

this is akin to mistaking 5-MeO-AMT for AMT, and insufflating it as such. the result could be disasterous

imagine 5-meo-dmt for dmt O_O
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

69ron
#15 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PerPLexED wrote:
benzyme wrote:
mislabeling = really bad

imagine 5-meo-dmt for dmt O_O

SWIM did that one time. He smoked 30 mg of 5-MeO-DMT in one shot thinking it was DMT. It was probably the single most frightening experience of SWIM's life. Fortunately 5-MeO-DMT doesn’t last that long. SWIM would never take that much on purpose. There was nothing in the experience that was positive. It was like being made temporarily insane. Nothing made sense. It was complete mental chaos, with no visions to make it even worth while. A terrible, terrible experience. It was like putting SWIM’s brain in a blender. Complete madness for 10 minutes and then thankful it came to an end. It’s nothing “psychedelic” at all at that does. Your brain is so fucked up that nothing makes sense, so any “psychedelic” effect would not even be noticed. It’s complete “mind fuck” and I cannot imagine anyone liking it at all at that dose, but apparently some people do!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 10/24/2009 11:40:11 PM

analytical chemist

that would be overwhelming too, but the AMT/5-MeO-AMT could be even more catastrophic.
AMT is an MAOI, and 5-MeO-AMT is much more potent

bufoman
#17 Posted : 10/25/2009 2:05:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
narmz wrote:
benzyme wrote:

it's Bromo-D-fly

They are the same thing.

no, they're not.
2-CB-Fly has an ethylamine moeity, Bromo-D-Fly has an isopropylamine.

Bromo-D-Fly is about 10X more potent, and the duration is much longer.

Br-Bromo-D-fly has an alpha-methyl (amphetamine) and also has aromatic furan rings whereas 2c-b fly has no alpha methyl (phenethylamine) and has saturated (non-aromatic) "wings" (tetrahydrofuran rings).

This was a really bad mix up. It is really terrible and it could have been much worse. Luckily information was made available in a rapid manner via the internet. This definitely saved lives.

psychosisdoses
#18 Posted : 10/26/2009 8:22:54 AM

Derek

great more deaths linked with rc sites ;[
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses