We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Ringing in the ears and healing it with entheogens? Options

kreen
#1 Posted : 11/21/2016 6:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 11/21/2016 6:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try this:

1) Place your palms on your ears with your thumbs on your jawbone and your fingers wrapping around the back of your head.
2) Lift you pointer and middle finger up and cross them, like you're hoping for good luck.
3) Strain your pointer finger up and your middle finger down: they should press against each other.
4) Eventually they will 'pop' past each other and your middle finger will quickly crash down on the back of your head.
5) Do this a few times.

It might help - it works for my partner and her tinnitus. Found it on reddit once before I blocked it (so I couldn't pull up the original post). No idea why it works.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

kreen
#3 Posted : 11/21/2016 7:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ha Laughing I have tried that many times, still without success. Thank you tho!

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 11/21/2016 8:39:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suffer from tinitus too since as long as i can remember and i always thought that this noice is something all people hear until 2 years ago i was talking about it to a friend and she had no idea what i was talking about, so i'm kind of used to it since i grew up thinking it was normal in all people

I remember when i was a kid most of the nights there was no electricity and we had these florescent light tubes that works on batteries and they were in a bad condition always flickering and producing a loud high pitched noise that is exactly the same noice i have in my head now and i used to listen to this noice bcz there was nothing to do and i needed something to distract me from my fear of the shadows and monsters that wanted to take me (i used to think the whole world even my parents is conspiring against me and waiting untill i grow a little more so they can sacrifice my body Crying or very sad )

So i believe this is how i got tinnitus..

I never found anything to help reducing it unless i am distracted from it when doing something or even just thinking and it's getting worse and worse with time

Cannabis, synthetic cannabis, alcohol they make it much much worse

Smoked DMT, haoma, LSA i think i was always too distracted by my feelings to notice if the noice was there or not

Harmalas alone i am not sure maybe it eliminates the noice when i take it i feel calmness and clarity in my head so maybe there is no noice i'll remind myself to focus on this next time but on high doses my brain electrifies and there's so much noice, and also smoking the seeds causes the noice to increase and smoking high doses of fb extract opens my ears (or maybe it's all inside my head like tinnitus) to universal noices...

While reading your post an idea occurred to my mind: homeopathy.

"homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine created in 1796 by Samuel Hahnemann, based on his doctrine of like cures like (similia similibus curentur), a claim that a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people would cure similar symptoms in sick people.[1] Homeopathy is a pseudoscience – a belief that is incorrectly presented as scientific. Homeopathic preparations are not effective for treating any condition;[2][3][4][5] large-scale studies have found homeopathy to be no more effective than a placebo, suggesting that any positive feelings that follow treatment are only due to the placebo effect and normal recovery from illness."

Maybe you came across it while searching for cures but this is the first time i research it and didn't see anything promising about it and i have no personal opinion about it all i know is that it won't do any harm so it's worth a shot especially if we work with entheogens bcz they make the tinnitus get worse and maybe if they creates similar noices in healthy people then it might be good homeopathy treatment condidates

I don't know if this makes sense to you but i will be reading on preparing very dilute homeopathy solutions and trying them, harmalas, cannabis, DMT...

And please if anyone gets these symptoms on any substance please share it.

I hope this helps you in any way Love
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

kreen
#5 Posted : 11/21/2016 8:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow weird that you have a florescent light bulb glowing in your head now Laughing

Do you mean homeopathy as in like trying 0.000001 mg DMT Laughing

Thank you for answering!

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kreen wrote:
Wow weird that you have a florescent light bulb glowing in your head now Laughing

Thank you for answering!

I'm not sure yet i heard of homeopathy recently from my friend who is studying pharmacology and he is taking a homeopathy class..

I will read better and see but i think i will be taking like a mg of any substance for a 100 days and see if there is any changes

I just smoked a bit of fb harmalas as a small experiment the noise got attenuated for like 20 minutes but now it got back more intense..

What kind of ringing you hear? Noise or close to what you are saying "ringing", like bells?
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

kreen
#7 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:37:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
kreen wrote:

Thank you for answering!

I'm not sure yet i heard of homeopathy recently from my friend who is studying pharmacology and he is taking a homeopathy class..

I will read better and see but i think i will be taking like a mg of any substance for a 100 days and see if there is any changes

I just smoked a bit of fb harmalas as a small experiment the noise got attenuated for like 20 minutes but now it got back more intense..

What kind of ringing you hear? Noise or close to what you are saying "ringing", like bells?

More intense than it was before smoking?

The sound of the ringing changes. When it started it just used to be a quiet hiss. It was kinda soothing Laughing Now it is this grating sound, I don't know how to explain it clearly

starway6
#8 Posted : 11/22/2016 1:56:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive had tinnitus for years and for a while i was concerned about it but realized that i had the power to accept it and tolerate it...

I guess this depends how loud your tinnitus is though..?

My tinnitus is not mild its a fairly loud sea shell sound.. but im so used to it its no big deal to me any more as i learned to accept it...

ITS only when a person ....[alows themselves to worry!] about it ... is when it gets bad...

There are supliments that can help reduce it... but you have the power within you to tolerate it..its just a cool sounding sea shell placed by your ear enjoy!

If i turn on a water faucet and listen to it for 3 or 4 seconds my tinnitus stopes compleatly! for 3 to 5 seconds after i turn off the water...

If its affecting your sleep you can play a white noise generator near your bed to cancle out the tinitus sound or sometimes tinnitus can sound like white noise and actualy aid your sleep...

Mind over mater!Thumbs up

kreen
#9 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I think it's about how intrusive it is and how well you can mask it with regular life sounds?

Sea shell would be different Wink

Yea I have read about people using white noise or water sounds to mask it. But they make my ringing even crazier.. But I still try to play some quiet music to sleep to

How to stop worrying? That's why I thought about entheogens..to give me a push start.
What supplements do you know?

Thumbs up

kreen
#10 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To someone who sent a PM to me
I can't answer you because I'm a new member, can't send private messages to anyone else other than the moderators. So I answer here

Ahh!!! Thank you! You know I tried keto diet in the spring time! Improved my energy levels a lot and made me "not care about T". Gotta get back to it, I can't remember why I stopped it! Thank you a lot for reminding Smile

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 11/22/2016 2:10:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A friend of mine has said OTC options like Lipo-Flavonoid or Tinnifree Tinnitus Relief Formula really help her tinnitus.

-eg

kreen
#12 Posted : 11/22/2016 3:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about entheogens Big grin

form is emptiness
#13 Posted : 11/23/2016 8:26:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some folks have had good results using adaptogenic herbs such as Schizandra Chinensis and Rhodiola Rosea (as they help improve blood flow around the ears)

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 11/23/2016 2:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently MDMA is being investigated as a potential treatment for tinnitus.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/n...ug-link-to-tinnitus-cure

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 11/23/2016 2:33:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kreen wrote:

Not sure...

I mean I know she uses entheogens, but in relation to her tinnitus I'm not sure what the situation is, I'll have to ask.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 11/23/2016 2:39:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found a compound in PIHKAL which caused tinnitus to disappear, but was without any central effects otherwise...

A possible candidate for a novel tinnitus medication?

Quote:

3,4-methylenedioxy-phenethylamine

DOSAGE: greater than 300 mg.

DURATION: unknown.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 200 mg) It was taken twice at different times in a dosage of 200 milligrams each time, without the slightest peripheral or central effects.

(with 300 mg) My tinnitus had disappeared. Probably nothing.

This compound is structurally similar to MDA and MDMA, it is the phenethylamine homologue of MDA and only differs from MDMA by a methyl group on the alpha carbon and another methyl off the amine nitrogen...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#17 Posted : 11/23/2016 2:44:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
DIPT
The campanologist's friend – or foe. This tryptamine – a mushroom-like drug – makes all sounds appear to drop by an octave or so, and makes many instruments sound like a clanging bell. But it offers a fascinating insight into the way humans process sound, and may one day help in the study of tinnitus, which it can temporarily cause. http://mixmag.net/read/t...ynthesised-and-took-blog

-eg

kreen
#18 Posted : 11/23/2016 9:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

form is emptiness wrote:
Some folks have had good results using adaptogenic herbs such as Schizandra Chinensis and Rhodiola Rosea (as they help improve blood flow around the ears)

Like Ginkgo Biloba? I'll research them

Bancopuma wrote:

"some participants were quite frank and said that after taking ecstasy their tinnitus went away."
I wonder if this means went away for good or just for the duration?

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
kreen wrote:

Not sure...

I mean I know she uses entheogens, but in relation to her tinnitus I'm not sure what the situation is, I'll have to ask.

-eg

Thank you! Love

I found a compound in PIHKAL which caused tinnitus to disappear, but was without any central effects otherwise...

Quote:

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 200 mg) It was taken twice at different times in a dosage of 200 milligrams each time, without the slightest peripheral or central effects.

This compound is structurally similar to MDA and MDMA, it is the phenethylamine homologue of MDA and only differs from MDMA by a methyl group on the alpha carbon and another methyl off the amine nitrogen...

-eg

Could be Laughing

entheogenic-gnosis
#19 Posted : 11/25/2016 12:34:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kreen wrote:
form is emptiness wrote:

Like Ginkgo Biloba? I'll research them

Bancopuma wrote:

Quote:

-eg

Could be Laughing

Seeing as how it was said that MDMA relieved tinnitus, I see 3,4-methylenedioxy-phenethylamine as being a prime candidate, all the structure of MDMA, minus a few pieces, all the tinnitus relief, none of the central effects...

It would be interesting to study, I'm not sure if 3,4-methylenedioxy-phenethylamine is sceduled in the US, I'm guessing that it's not, it could possibly be seen as an analogue, but for research purposes it looks viable...

Quote:
3,4-Methylenedioxyphenethylamine ("3,4-MDPEA" or just "MDPEA"Pleased, also known as homopiperonylamine, is a substituted phenethylamine formed by adding a methylenedioxy group to phenethylamine. It is structurally similar to MDA, but without the methyl group at the alpha position.

According to Alexander Shulgin in his book PiHKAL, MDPEA appears to be biologically inactive. This is likely because of extensive first-pass metabolism by the enzyme monoamine oxidase. However, if MDPEA were either used in high enough of doses (e.g., 1-2 grams), or in combination with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), it is probable that it would become sufficiently active, though it would likely have a relatively short duration of action. This idea is similar in concept to the use of selective MAOA inhibitors and selective MAOB inhibitors in augmentation of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and phenethylamine (PEA), respectively. -Wikipedia

...high dose or taken with an MAOI you may have an active compound, possibly psychedelic, likely entactogenic, but who knows...

As far as tinnitus relief though, a good candidate for research.

-eg

DoingKermit
#20 Posted : 11/25/2016 1:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had tinnitus for about 7 years now and it can definitely take time to get used to. Earlier this year when my housemates and I were on acid, we were playing around with some analog synths and the frequencies made the tinnitus in my left ear quite a lot worse. It went from a loud ringing/hiss to this distorted humming (similar to a seashell, as stareway6 mentioned) with an occasional popping sound. I had to come to terms with it all over again.

After a while the mind seems to adjust to this new constant sound and its not that bad at all. It's all about being mindful of loud spaces and protecting your ears to keep it from getting worse. I have to wear an earplug in my left ear even if I'm in a loud pub, as it has a slight ache and the popping noise gets worse for a few days if I don't.

So have psychedelics helped? Yes and no. I have had trips where my tinnitus seemed greatly reduced afterwards. Then I have also had trips where I felt like it became a bit worse.

Meditation helps me and sensory deprivation helped a lot in the beginning. It was all about accepting it and the only way to do that was by listening to it instead of trying to constantly mask it.

123NEXT